Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: January 18, 2018

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...anuary-18-2018

Discussion in this thread! (But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system as well.)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srand View Post
    The bug-report window now has a slot to drop an item. If you're reporting a buggy item, please include it in the report! (The item will not be removed from your inventory, of course.)
    Ok, this is the best update ever!! I've wanted that feature for so long now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning the stall crash on loading new zone, the update didn't change anything for me. After an /unstickchar, my main is still stuck on Anagoge. Any attempt to go back to Serbule still ends up the same way as before, even with the retro graphics settings : loading screen starts, show "Loading scene..."... the red bar progresses a bit, then the game stalls, never to reach the Load assets part.
    If it's of any help, I've saved sample of system monitoring Gorgon Project app (which is considered by system to be inactive). Where should I send this file in case it would help you?

I guess this is a goodbye for me... Really loved this game when I was able to play it... Dirty Old Men, I will miss you all.
    Devs, keep up the good work! If ever this bug is erased, I'll sure come back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shlika : have you tried completely removing and then reinstalling? Sounds like it could be missing/corrupt asset files

Is there somewhere that shows changes currently being worked on or planned to be worked on? The UI changes are great so far but there are still a lot of suggestions that could help with the vast amount of items, abilities, and recipes in this game, such as a basic text input to search/filter/sort lists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I started playing some two weaks ago I've been experiencing checkerboarding artifacts in this game. Recently I updated the graphics drivers and was tickled to see it cleared up. The checkerboarding returned after the patch, however when I enabled OptimizeMeshes the checkerboarding cleared up (again). I guess it could be a coincidence, but OptimizeMeshes gets my approval anyways.

Game and zone loading seems much quicker too. However, I still see the Windows error after the game closes. Two thumbs up from me!

i7 930 2.8GHz
    nVidia GTX 670
    Windows 7 64-bit

I have the Special Graphics Options set to DirectX11, and I switch between running Bad and Good graphics settings in game depending on the zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome update! I love that we can see monster info with a key bound to it, and the lower graphics* setting works wonders for my low end crappy PC! So far, no major probs, been only about 15 mins spent in Serb. I'll update if I notice any changes. So far, it has been a blessing for me!

Edit: Had written *OptimizeMeshes instead of graphics before. Sorry about that
    Last edited by Raozum; 01-19-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy to report that I am able to run at the 0: Bad setting and port between Serbule, Serbule Hills and Eltibule with somewhat long loads, but no freezing. As the evening wore on and the population was reduced, it seemed to load a bit faster (By then, I had stopped recording the wait time.)

I saw the "not responding" message on the window title bar every time, always at the "Preparing to Load" game message when the progress bar had not yet moved very far. This occurred whether logging in or changing zones.

The longest I waited was 2 1/2 minutes, and then the "not responding" message disappeared and the process would continue. Most of the time this initial non-response was more like 45 - 60 seconds. I did not see it hang up at all in the usual spot it did before, at loading a certain number asset.

I did not use the Experimental Optimization setting yet. I wanted to try one variable at a time. I'm looking forward to trying it when I'm able to play again.

I had a fun game session. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok there's a problem for me now. My launcher keep re-updating itself and every time it launches, it says ur running the older version, please download the latest version. I had played the game once, and when i wanted to test out OptimizeMeshes, I closed the game and reran the launcher and this happened since then. I've tried validating install, safe mode, deleting all copies, reinstalling, everything...any suggestions?

Edit: So after more attempts, I basically understood that my launcher keeps downloading Version 0.4.137 instead of 0.4.138. Once my launcher downloads the game and I start it, the login screen tells me I'm running the older above-mentioned version of the client.
    Last edited by Raozum; 01-19-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, well before I could even get logged in to set up OptimizeMeshes, game hung/crashed while attempting to load. (Crash message 075052). Anyway they said report such stuff here at the moment so I am doing so. 2nd time, got in, though, and yeah I like the optimizer. I also tried all thee different graphics settings - um, yeah, it runs great at the lowest if I can get past the fact it looks terrible! "Fair" seems to be the best tradeoff for me at the moment, at least on this old laptop. Unfortunately game crashed again while I was trying to get off of Unity... oh, no, Precious, we don't like that setting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hrm, trying still to get back in - tried both characters, no dice. It's now hung/crashed three times, the last on error message 094726. Going to try and see what happens if I create a newbie character, since newbie island has always worked best in the past on this computer.

Thread Footer