Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modifiers - Order of Calculation

Hello there. I was hoping I could get some verification on the order of operations for damage calculation. I've ran a few tests myself so I think that I have a rough idea of the proper order, but i've had a few anomalies with it and would like to see if it's possible to get an answer.

Assuming the following situation...

0 defence, x hp zero armor enemy.

User has
    100 Ability base dmg= A
    50% modifier to ability damage, first source = P
    25% modifier to ability damage, second source = Q
    10% modifier to global base damage = G
    75 Flat Damage first source = F
    75 Flat Damage second source = E
    100% Crit damage = C

Total dmg = 100 + (A*P)+(A*Q)+(A*G)+(A*C) + F+G

Or assuming the numbers listed above...

435 =100 + (100*0.5)+(100*0.25)+(100*0.10)+(100*1.0)+75+75

Can I get a confirmation on this possibly?
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fellentier View Post

Total dmg = 100 + (A*P)+(A*Q)+(A*G)+(A*C) + F+G

Or assuming the numbers listed above...

435 =100 + (100*0.5)+(100*0.25)+(100*0.10)+(100*1.0)+75+75
    The "Total dmg" calculation needs the second G changed to E, but nonetheless, you wrote it correctly in the actual numerical calculation (I didn't actually calculate it to verify the result, 435).

I haven't bothered to calculate dmg numbers in game, but some games prioritize global base damage. For ex:

A' = A*G

Total dmg = A' + (A'*P) + (A'*Q) + (A'*C) + F + E.
    Note that C is 0 if no crit, and base crits must be some specific percent of dmg, say 1.5x, so then A'*C would actually be: A'*(1.5+C/100)

If the numbers are way off you could try adding F and E to A or A' before multiplying damage.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i have calculated dmg formula a while back, but from what i know it didn't changed so here it is(use Barrage skill as example):

1)skill base dmg is multiplayed by all revelant % increase ( Unarmed base dmg bonus, barage % dmg bonus, unarmed % dmg bonuses)

2) All flat dmg bonuses to Barrage, Unarmed or dmg type specyfic (example: Bararge deals +x dmg, All crushign attacks deal +x dmg, Unarmed attacks deal +x dmg) are sumed and multipled by % modyfiers from 1) excludng base dmg mods.

3) 1 and 2 are summed and multipled by type specyfic % dmg increases -so in case of Barrage it owudl be any effect saying "crushign attacks deal x% more dmg"

4) If there are any additiuonal dmg - liek effect fo Adrenaline wave, or skill additional dmg (like dot from poision arrow, or bonus dmg on Pack Attack) they are increased ONLY by damage type-specyfic % modyfiers.

So to give some numbers:
    1) We assume our Barrage have 100 base dmg
    2) we have total of 50% bonus base dmg, 100% bonus Barrage dmg, 50% Unarmed base dmg, +100 dmg for Barrage adn +100% crushing dmg

The our Barrage will deal
    (100 *(1+0.5+1+0.5) + 100*(1+1+0.5))*(1+1)= (100*3 + 100*2.5)*2=(300+250)*2=1100

If we use skill that gives, lets say, +200 dmg on next attack (for example- Skulk) it would be :

(100*3+ (100+200)*2.5)*2= 2100

Im not 100% sure how vulnerability/ resistance is calculated, but im prtyy sure ist added to dmg-specyfic multipler(so if monster have 50% resistance, adn oyu ahve 50% dmg bonus to that dmg type, they will cancel each otehr out) But like i said - im not sure.

Alos game seems to always round numbers down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow cool, I know I'm not OP but thanks for this cr00cy. That explains why the "next attack does +x dmg" mod always hits so hard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may help. It is taken from a Citan blog dated 20th October 2016.
    "Additive + Multiplicative Effects: Someone asked how additive and multiplicative bonuses stack. This is a meaty topic with lots of special cases, but in general, there are four steps. Let's look at an example using Super Fireball 4. I picked it because it just happens to do 250 base damage, a nice round number. It's also the "Core Attack" for Fire Magic.
    Buffs that add flat amounts (+5, +10, etc.) are added to your ability's damage first. ("+25 to Super Fireball"= 275. "+25 to Core Attacks" = 300.)
    Buffs that multiply a particular ability's damage are applied next. ("+20% to Super Fireball" = 360.) Note that the percentage-boost mods also boost the flat amounts.
    Next your "Base Damage Mod" is added in. This one surprises people: Base Damage Mods ONLY look at the ability's base damage. (Hence the name.) So it's always the same amount of bonus for each ability, regardless of what other treasure is applied. If you have an ability that deals 250 base (un-enhanced) damage and you have a +35% Base Damage mod, it always adds 87 damage to the ability, no more and no less. ("+35% Fire Magic Base Damage" = 447.)
    Damage-type bonuses and vulnerabilities are applied last. ("+10% to Fire Damage" = 491.) This is why boosts to Fire, Psychic, etc. tend to use much smaller numbers than the other bonuses -- they can get overpowered very quickly!
    "

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic responses, I really appreciate the effort that you all put into your analysis. It means a lot to me

<3

As I get various mods i'll try to check some of them out and see if all of the information from 2016, etc, is still up to date.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Thread Footer