Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously tips of gameplay

i have some tips which i think does a good change if want a good mmorpg=

* player collision. (cant walk thru players)
    * loot system= if looting other player's corpses it will be an criminal act.
    * open PvP. (also that players who kill other "innocent" players will be marked as murderers.
    * some kind of death penalty, like loosing items.
    * an open world map and not a world divided in several maps.

so what would be needed is a PvP/criminal system, similar to what UO has.
    i think these things will make a good change.
    also the world should be open-world,and not divided into several maps.

Please consider these things, !
    //loKki

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think most of these items have been considered in the past.

Player collision, has pros and cons. If the pros outweigh the cons it would probably be implemented given enough time.

The loot system recently underwent a change, and might undergo other changes. Not sure player's corpses you mean the players tombstone or monster the player killed. If you mean the player themselves, it hasn't been part of the design up to this point. Death isn't suppose to be that dreadful in the game.

Open PVP, hasn't been part of the vision. The game is based mainly around the idea of PVE. There is limited PVP in game already.

Death penalties: Your items break if you are playing in hardcore mode.

Open world is probably not in the works. Too development intensive.

Welcome to Project:Gorgon by the way, I'd suggest trying Hardcore mode, and keep an eye out for PVP punch parties.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly every one of those has serious griefing issues and takes a strong moderation to police. I see that you indicate that, but... I don't know where we could get these moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loKKi View Post
    * player collision. (cant walk thru players)
    * loot system= if looting other player's corpses it will be an criminal act.
    * open PvP. (also that players who kill other "innocent" players will be marked as murderers.
    * some kind of death penalty, like loosing items.
    These would just make PG a troll playground, imho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes well i think player collision would be good
    and the Open-world map.

otherwise i like this game. its like a 3d version of early runescape/ UO.

Why player collision= in my oppinion it adds a more better "feel" to the game. at least i think so.
    and the world shud be open-World. if it can be made like that?
    That the world will be Open-world will improve the game also alot.
    maybe we dont need the PvP stuff etc.
    also one idea of PvP that there are areas where you can PvP like Runescape in the wilderness.
    otherwise i meant that it "should be an criminal act to loot other mobs corpses that other player has killed."

Sry for my bad english.

This game has pottential, I think. i hope it will become good! (better, that is!)
    Last edited by loKKi; 04-23-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Open World concept vs smaller maps is what I think anyone expects when playing an MMO these days but I believe the limitation is due to the unity engine. Citan also mentioned Unity doesn't do instancing very well. Maybe I am mistaken on the open world thing but I always thought that was the reason, mostly because I've dabbled in Unity myself and everything is scene based. I suppose you could have one giant scene though.. lol

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In an open world all our computers will crash, I had issues for a long time just loading eltibule map.

To be totally honest you lost me at "Like in UO". Those suggestions involve a complete overhaul of the game and the truth is most of us like it without the addition of open world PvP or losing items upon death (as someone mentioned already there is a hardcore system if you like the HC effects).
    This is the first purely PvE game I've ever played and I would like if it had a siege system or anything involving mass PvP like in other games i previously played. But that simply does not fit P:G, there are too many limitations and the first big limitation is the developer's time and how he wants this game to look. I might want mass PvP (well GvG technically) but if I'd have it I wouldn't be able to move my char since 20 other chars using spells around me would drop my fps to 3. These are only 2 limitations and I won't get into more details about griefing etc. It's just not a feasible option for this game to be PvP centric, it's designed for PvE and changing that would involve a complete overhaul as I mentioned already.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    This is the first purely PvE game I've ever played and I would like if it had a siege system or anything involving mass PvP like in other games i previously played. But that simply does not fit P:G, there are too many limitations and the first big limitation is the developer's time and how he wants this game to look.
    I also really like the PvE emphaisis in PG.

I'd love to see a system where gear broke down (slowly) even in normal mode balanced by having more control over getting the mods you wanted.

Other than that I don't feel like any of @loKKi's suggestions really fit into PG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi. at least consider player collision, It makes the game a bit "realistic" in a way i cant describe.
    its not the same thing when you can walk thru players as when you cant walk thru them.
    consider it at least!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loKKi View Post
    hi. at least consider player collision, It makes the game a bit "realistic" in a way i cant describe.
    its not the same thing when you can walk thru players as when you cant walk thru them.
    consider it at least!!
    Can't really tell if this is a troll thread or not -- the suggestions seem mostly like jokes. This especially would be terrible. Trying to navigate Serbule would be a nightmare.

Thread Footer