Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant Decompose or Extract an Augment from a sword

I cant decompose or extract this augment from a sword. The augment I want to extract is "Sword Base Damage +10%" and it is the only stat on the sword.

Am I not supposed to be able to decompose or extract that stat from that sword or is it a bug?

I bug reported it but I cant get a reply from that so I posted it here where I can get a reply.

This is the stats as it shows on sword, starting with the name

Antique Spatha
    . Requires Sword level 40
    . Sword Base Damage +10%
    . Value: 150

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you are trying to extract is not a mod but an effect linked to this type of sword. You can't extract those.

If it was a mod, the sword would have green rarity (one mod).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirdikan View Post
    What you are trying to extract is not a mod but an effect linked to this type of sword. You can't extract those.

If it was a mod, the sword would have green rarity (one mod).
    Perhaps this is a question of semantics, but i would say that is still a mod.

I would call it an implicit mod (one that is tied to the piece of equipment), rather than an explicit mod (one that is defined by random aspect when the system creates the item to be dropped by a mob (or crafted).

Implicit mods are always listed in white, while explicit mods are always listed in green.

Here is an example image:

(the part on the right).

Here there are two implicit mods (sword damage +15% and the one that turns some ability damage into fire) and four explicit mods. The number of explicit mods determines the rarity of the item (0 for white, 1 for green, 2 for blue (rare), 3 for exceptional (red), 4 for purple (epic), 5 for yellow (legendary)), though a max-enchanted item will have one more mod, and augmentation/shamnic infusion can alter the number of mods as well.

Regardless of the semantics, i agree completely with your answer to OP's question. You can't extract (what i call implicit mods), only (what i call explicit mods).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your answers, also the sword you showed also has a green "Sword base damage +35%", why couldnt all the sword base damage mods be in green though so they could be extracted?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    Thanks for your answers, also the sword you showed also has a green "Sword base damage +35%", why couldnt all the sword base damage mods be in green though so they could be extracted?
    I guess they 'could' be, but that's not the way it works.

Edit: Just to clarify a little more, to get it to work that way would take a pretty big mechanical change. Right now the white "implicit" mods are intrinsic to the item-type. Every Anitque Spatha has Sword Base Damage +10%. So if the developers decided to allow us to be able to extract implicit mods, that would have to be able to alter the base item type. Once an Antique Spatha had it's implicit +10% sword damage mod extracted, it could no longer be an Antique Spatha (that, or the way base item types is defined would have to be entirely reworked). Not sure if that makes it more or less clear.
    Last edited by alleryn; 11-11-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Thread Footer