Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome news, thank you for such a quick turn around on trying to get people up and running. Excited to see if this helps the majority.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @srand I seem to be stuck in loading again while teleporting, I was on default Fast graphics but I made few changes in camera FOV and near/far clip plane, I can't figure out which one is causing it though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am stuck on the loading screen for my main toon. My two other's load-in fine :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    @srand I seem to be stuck in loading again while teleporting, I was on default Fast graphics but I made few changes in camera FOV and near/far clip plane, I can't figure out which one is causing it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fobbyfabi View Post
    I am stuck on the loading screen for my main toon. My two other's load-in fine :/
    If you haven't already use the "/unstickchar CHARNAME" with an alt avatar and it will send the CHARNAME to noob island

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can no longer log in my main. I've been playing fine but today I zoned into Serbule from Eltibule and cast a spell, the game froze and I've not been able to log in that character again. I can log in my alts though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moki Mofiki View Post
    If you haven't already use the "/unstickchar CHARNAME" with an alt avatar and it will send the CHARNAME to noob island

I know but I don't need poor Khay on anagoge. As soon as one tries to teleport from anagoge to serbule one gets stuck again lol. Wating for the fix and staying out of serbule for the moment. I only posted to let srand know which graphic options I tweaked that might've caused me to have that problem again.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-11-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Khaylara on noob island if you use code 1830 it takes you to Sun Vale, could pass some time there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The May 11 patch has made the game playable for me again, and wow, I'm blown away by how much better Serbule looks. Huge improvement over the old version. On the downside, it takes 3+ minutes of loading every time I zone into Serb. To be fair, I do have a potato computer.

It also seems the recent system of putting you in a zone and loading things in the background (with the little hourglass icon in your buff bar) was taken out. That system never really helped my load times since FPS went to 1 until it was finished loading, but at least you could chat while waiting.

Another graphics thing: is the 'non-animated' drakeworm model just a tiny head peeking above the ground? I'd reset all the overrides trying to get the game to run, and on "0: Fastest" the animation distance is set really low. If you run through Ilmari with any kind of speed buff, you'll be inside a drake's range before you can actually see it. Have to override Entity Animation Distance Multiplier (or something) to make that zone tolerable.

I'm really loving the fixed fruit spawns in Serb, and it goes a long way for Brewing.

Brewing: I haven't delved too deeply, but some of the effects seem...really strong. Along with Cheesemaking providing a strong snack, this is another strong, time-gated, skill. I feel like this just increases the disparity between how strong current players are vs how strong we're 'supposed' to be at level 70.

Changed recipes for spider silk textiles to require fewer expensive ingredients
    Thank god, the old requirements were crazy. I hope spider WOs are doable now. Unfortunately this also means we'll probably see more player-spiders

And in case anyone missed it, this was another full moon patch :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serbule no longer loads on my main character. I changed some graphics settings while I was in Serbule. When I applied them, the game stopped responding for five minutes, so I force quit it.

Now the game always gets stuck on the loading screen when entering Serbule, no matter what graphics settings I use. I can hear fire crackling in the background, but it doesn't otherwise load. Newbie island works the same as before. I tried rebooting and reinstalled the game with -reset, but neither helped.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still get the loading problem. What is odd is that my char seems to actually be logged in but I can't see anything but the loading screen. So I deleted my GorgonPrefs, managed to log, went to South Serbule. There I tweaked my advanced graphics options again. I went back to Serbule and between the south serbule portal and serbule town my client froze. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete it then tried to log in again, got stuck on loading screen again.

Would it be of any help/use to email my current GorgonPrefs file to support? Maybe you can figure it out? Not for me particularly (although I hate no being able to see the horizon) but help pinpoint the problems. (And yes, I will get a better video card xD).

edit-at Reath Go to the Elder Game folder (in Windows it's in user-AppData, LocalLow I think, make sure you view hidden files and folders), cut/delete your GorgonPrefs file and try again (i personally saved it in another location).
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-12-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Thread Footer