Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's something that kinda baffles me. When I started playing PG one of the first people I was in contact with was Erdrick (he gave me and another newbie a necro run day one). He was darn OP lol. Then I saw AnimalRights, BetaNotus and Awatu, all high level and very well geared. I knew very early on that the chars won't be wiped at launch but it hasn't crossed my mind AT ALL that I would want these players' characters wiped so I can get an "even playing field". I'm not being "disingenuous" (hate the word btw, just say plain liar lol) but if anything I wanted to have a char like Erdrick who was soloing crypt level 2. Ofc that's by no means OP in today's terms but it motivated me to get better at this game. What good would it do to me if other players, older than me would lose their chars?

So srsly i genuinely don't understand this "I want everything wipe" thing. Mainly because as much as I try to think from a new players's perspective I come to the same conclusion really. Even as a newb I didn't want a wipe, I'd rather have people who can help me with advice than people I have to compete with for popular leveling spots.
    It was mentioned already, we'd trample over newbies in all the popular leveling spots...I think that would be a more valid reason to quit: starting a game, trying to kill a mob to level and finding everything dead and the ground littered. If anyone remembers how it was around kickstarter when we got lots of new people, that's how bad it's gonna be x100 in case of a full wipe. It's an open world and competing for resources with hordes of vets set on relevelling will drive new people away for sure.

What Finbarr for example doesn't understand is that - beside the sentimental reasons to keep our chars - a wipe would actually benefit the vets willing to restart. We'd have all the tools to be the best players on the server again (the know how).

PS I can't even say I'm pro or anti wipe, I just took Citan's statement for a fact and moved on. I occasionally try to change his mind about storage or other features but this one I just didn't see the need to debate, it's his decision if he keeps or wipes anything or how much of it or whatever. I personally disagree with a Steam launch, I hate Steam and using their launcher but whatever you know, he thinks that's the best way to market PG, I'll have to put up with Steam and bluescreens if I wanna play it. Just move on and move away from topics like wipe, PvP, Unity etc where he clearly stated his position a bazillion times already.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 04-07-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruling class or merchant elite, nice titles but frankly lazy arse or flat broke would better suit me.

I next to never sell stuff if i do its not at the current stupid prices. I played when things were shared between the players and I share what I have now still despite the changing game model. Fin you should know this.

Whole thread has turned catty so not really looking to stir it up more, just wanted to add a couple of small things, firstly that I enjoy meeting new players helping them a little here and there. The idea of a server which has no new life is frankly unappealing to me.

I can somewhat understand that newer players can look at the mountain of work in front of them and instead of playing catch up which is more than possible, they may feel it's easier to bring the others down. The trouble is this game has been a few months from going live for ever, at least it has seemed that way to me at least. Perhaps the steam launch is weeks away, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen this year at all. No disrespect intended just dev is full of ideas and there always seems to be something else being added.

Make no mistake I do not want to keep my character for the sake of greed or power it is all down to the fact I'm far too lazy to do half the boring crap again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are also another two aspects:

1) Bugs. Due alpha/beta there are loads of bugs which some players used to advance their chars. In release version this bugs would be fixed and people who used it in the past got certain advantages in compare to new, 'legit' players.
    2) It's hard to 'return' to sandbox game. I felt it when I returned PG after two months break (check my past stream...). You don't remember anything, you got loads of unfinished in the past stuff which you don't remember where to do. So if there is a wipe - it's much easier to start from scratch, than going on with 'old' problems
    http://youtube.com/GlazGame — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — stream in Russian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Khaylara! The reason I used disingenuous instead of lying is that it feels to me that people come and say 'Hey why no wipe? Vets will be OP' then people come and shout at them, and give every reason in the world for not wiping 'its payment for alpha/won't skew launch/not competitive/won't effect you/I wouldn't want a wipe if I was a new player/it's not really alpha' etc... When actually what it actually sounds more like is 'I've sunk so many hours into playing I better damn well be uber at launch' And as liar and disingenuous have sublty different meanings, that's why I used it.
    @Celler Hey man, sorry - I like you, didn;t mean to offend you, but I still feel that supporting no wipe is just shortsighted in the process of getting new players.

@People saying 'where's the proof, how do you know people are leaving?' OK - I honestly don't. But I know that people like me, and others research games to play, we're old gamers, we've been playing for years, we also have busy lives, businesses, wives, kids, animals, houses etc and enough of the peopel that read no wipe and don't liek aren't going to bother posting about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tangar View Post
    There are also another two aspects:

1) Bugs. Due alpha/beta there are loads of bugs which some players used to advance their chars. In release version this bugs would be fixed and people who used it in the past got certain advantages in compare to new, 'legit' players.
    2) It's hard to 'return' to sandbox game. I felt it when I returned PG after two months break (check my past stream...). You don't remember anything, you got loads of unfinished in the past stuff which you don't remember where to do. So if there is a wipe - it's much easier to start from scratch, than going on with 'old' problems
    1. This. It's happened a lot by mistake. Prices have been radically slashed on so many ways of making money that weren't apparent bugs, and so not only do new players have to try and catch up all the skill costs, and whatever else isn't wiped, they have to do it on a slower cash farm.

2. This is such a good point as well. So many people have tried PG, loved it, and left to come back later. They might, but with no wipe, they might not. If there was a wipe or a new server, they would be more inclined.

Lastly - I always get shit when I post on threads on this topic - and tbh, it isn't at all nice. I've contributed a lot to this game, I help people when they need it with crafted items, advice, useful drops, cash, directions or just a chat. I've supported the game financially. I have friends in game and enjoy group and solo content contrary to what some people post about me. I chat with Srand when I get to, I love the game and same as anyone else that plays it, I want it to succeed.

It's a forum, this is alpha, we're asked for our opinions.
    None of the stuff about wipe is 100% anyway, it keeps getting opened by new people.
    YOU may support no wipe, ME, I support a wipe. Whenever it gets opened I will restate my opinion as I engage whoever posted about it in the thread.

Devs change their minds. They do it based on feedback, and what they think is good for a game.

What is very BAD for a game is people scaring other members of the community into not posting about something they are concerned about. Yes, you can grief people for starting a new topic. Some people don't want to necro post a topic, they want to start one.

Deal with it.

Peace.

FINBARR

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    It was mentioned already, we'd trample over newbies in all the popular leveling spots...I think that would be a more valid reason to quit: starting a game, trying to kill a mob to level and finding everything dead and the ground littered.
    Spreading out the player population seems like one of the best arguments against a complete wipe to me. Of course, I'm biased since I don't like crowds. The game could try to work around the overcrowding problem by providing many many newbie zones but then if it succeeds in attracting all those competitive people that like to race to the top, those newbie zones would be virtually empty pretty shortly and a waste of development time in the long run.

If I'm a new player in a game, I personally do feel discouraged if it seems everyone is lightyears ahead of me. My key trigger is "everyone" though - if there is a sufficiently large crowd at the same level as me, I can ignore the level 1000 people. It's also going to be much easier for me to not feel envious of the more experienced players if we aren't forced into the same leveling zones together.

Obviously, people's feelings about this can vary.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    Sorry Khaylara! The reason I used disingenuous instead of lying is that it feels to me that people come and say 'Hey why no wipe? Vets will be OP' then people come and shout at them, and give every reason in the world for not wiping 'its payment for alpha/won't skew launch/not competitive/won't effect you/I wouldn't want a wipe if I was a new player/it's not really alpha' etc... When actually what it actually sounds more like is 'I've sunk so many hours into playing I better damn well be uber at launch' And as liar and disingenuous have sublty different meanings, that's why I used it.
    @Celler Hey man, sorry - I like you, didn;t mean to offend you, but I still feel that supporting no wipe is just shortsighted in the process of getting new players.

@People saying 'where's the proof, how do you know people are leaving?' OK - I honestly don't. But I know that people like me, and others research games to play, we're old gamers, we've been playing for years, we also have busy lives, businesses, wives, kids, animals, houses etc and enough of the peopel that read no wipe and don't liek aren't going to bother posting about it.
    Since you don't seem to care if you offend me (and you did repeatedly every opportunity you had), I'm gonna be blunt m8. If anyone cares about being "uber at launch" that's you. Don't project whatever you feel on us. I'm not uber now nor do I aspire to be. I'm never going to put up cheap WO to make cash off the newbies you seem to care so much about. I'm never going to run a guild full of my own alts to exploit the guild storage and credits. Stop. Projecting.

Exploits and whatever unfair advantages people think we have-the only "exploit" I've ever done iirc was pick up paintings from goblin dungeons when mobs weren't attacking me. Which I was doing legit anyway when the dungeon broke, reported few times and went back the next day. If that is gamebreaking for anyone else please Citan, downgrade my art history! Or delete the whole thing, I'll be back to 50 within hours. I hope that helps new players join the game. Bugs exist now so technically anyone exploiting them should be not wiped at launch but banned. Plain and simple. Not wipe, ban. And people were banned for exploits already.

The tone of this thread was dictated by OP with his entitled post and by you Fin who keep pushing the same arguments nobody cares about. Bashing anyone who disagrees with you won't get you fans. Two days into the game you were already arguing with older players to the point where you pissed off one of the nicest players I know. When a newbie asks for details about launch ingame I never jump at their throat for it. I explained the stages of development and the plans to numerous newbies, I also directed them to the developer blog. The only one who can't discuss it in a civil way is you.

About how people are busy with their real lives and can't spare the time to make a quick post on a topic they supposedly care about, I call bs on that. Again plain and simple. I can assure you my household doesn't get neglected because I write a forum post.

Now let's drop the topic alltogether shall we?

PS unrelated but I also disagree that there are less ways to make cash now.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 04-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Since you don't seem to care if you offend me (and you did repeatedly every opportunity you had), I'm gonna be blunt m8. If anyone cares about being "uber at launch" that's you. Don't project whatever you feel on us. I'm not uber now nor do I aspire to be. I'm never going to put up cheap WO to make cash off the newbies you seem to care so much about. I'm never going to run a guild full of my own alts to exploit the guild storage and credits. Stop. Projecting.

Exploits and whatever unfair advantages people think we have-the only "exploit" I've ever done iirc was pick up paintings from goblin dungeons when mobs weren't attacking me. Which I was doing legit anyway when the dungeon broke, reported few times and went back the next day. If that is gamebreaking for anyone else please Citan, downgrade my art history! Or delete the whole thing, I'll be back to 50 within hours. I hope that helps new players join the game. Bugs exist now so technically anyone exploiting them should be not wiped at launch but banned. Plain and simple. Not wipe, ban. And people were banned for exploits already.

The tone of this thread was dictated by OP with his entitled post and by you Fin who keep pushing the same arguments nobody cares about. Bashing anyone who disagrees with you won't get you fans. Two days into the game you were already arguing with older players to the point where you pissed off one of the nicest players I know. When a newbie asks for details about launch ingame I never jump at their throat for it. I explained the stages of development and the plans to numerous newbies, I also directed them to the developer blog. The only one who can't discuss it in a civil way is you.

About how people are busy with their real lives and can't spare the time to make a quick post on a topic they supposedly care about, I call bs on that. Again plain and simple. I can assure you my household doesn't get neglected because I write a forum post.

Now let's drop the topic alltogether shall we?

PS unrelated but I also disagree that there are less ways to make cash now.
    Really going off now eh. Maybe I should just only post if I agree with you, and not have contrary opinions, and maybe I should just play exactly how you want me to.

I really don't care what you call bullshit on or not, most people cba to post on forums on a game they are trying. I discuss plenty of stuff in perfectly reasonable ways, just because i have a differing opinion does not make it uncivil.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Calling us out and spewing "selfish, disingenuous" at few people is not civil m8. Editing your post doesn't change the fact that you were offensive and downright rude. Get used to get a response on the same tone. And stop making up imaginary friends with busy lives to back up your argument.

Can we stop posting now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    Devs change their minds. They do it based on feedback, and what they think is good for a game.
    So I should make a no wipe thread?

Thread Footer