Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonus Levels for Battle Chemistry?

Since the highest level battle chemistry ability is level 74, I assume there are 4 total bonus levels available for battle chemistry. Which skills give those bonuses? I currently have 3 bonus levels from somewhere, probably mostly alchemy, but I can't figure out which skill might have that fourth bonus level.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The wiki (http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Synergy_Levels) lists just 3 bonus levels (2 from alchemy and 1 from pathology). I believe this info updates 'automatically' (via @Extractum11's script from the info in http://cdn.projectgorgon.com/v278/data/skills.json), so most likely this is an oversight and that last ability should be level 73 or else that fourth bonus level is missing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think 73 is the limit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'd just assumed the Wiki is out of date. Good to know that isn't the case. And also good to know that I don't need to level fire magic which is where I was guessing my missing level might be hiding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usually abilities that are above the level cap are marked as "Lint_NotLearnable" in the json, so the bot knows to ignore those. Looks like that last BC ability (Healing Mist 8) doesn't have that, probably an oversight.

If a dev's reading this, here are the other abilities that seem unlearnable but aren't flagged:
    Animal Handling - That'll Do 8
    Archery - Heavy Multishot 5
    Bard - Disharmony 8, Blast of Defiance 7
    Druid - Cloud Sight 6, Brambleskin 8, Pulse of Life 5
    Giant Bat - Sonic Burst 7
    Necromancy - Raise Skeletal Battle Mage 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Thanks! I'd just assumed the Wiki is out of date.
    A note about this, the tables that are really large(like the Synergy Levels) coincidentally are the most likely things on the Wiki to be updated as a bot is, usually, run after each patch that pulls json game data and updates the table data. (hi @Extractum11 )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extractum11 View Post
    Usually abilities that are above the level cap are marked as "Lint_NotLearnable" in the json, so the bot knows to ignore those. Looks like that last BC ability (Healing Mist 8) doesn't have that, probably an oversight.

If a dev's reading this, here are the other abilities that seem unlearnable but aren't flagged:
    Animal Handling - That'll Do 8
    Archery - Heavy Multishot 5
    Bard - Disharmony 8, Blast of Defiance 7
    Druid - Cloud Sight 6, Brambleskin 8, Pulse of Life 5
    Giant Bat - Sonic Burst 7
    Necromancy - Raise Skeletal Battle Mage 6
    I don't know all of them, but Cheesemaking is another that's missing. Right now it caps at 62 with 2 levels coming from Cow bonuses (I think level 19 and 41). But there are cheese recipes up to level 74 or something like that.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'll fix these for the next update and I've improved my tools to detect this scenario in the future, so that if an ability is available from a trainer in the game, it will always be possible to obtain the level requirement for it.

Thread Footer