Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    Wouldn't that be an indication that teleportation/run speed should be re-worked?
    You have to remember that it is not really about being 'reworked' but rather allowing development to continue and progress the systems naturally. When mounts arrive I think it is safe to say that they will increase movement speed and make traveling less of a chore.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    Wouldn't that be an indication that teleportation/run speed should be re-worked?
    Precisely. So it wouldn't force people into using druid for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, I had no trouble with Druid events as a low level druid UNTIL the group size got nerfed. As part of a group, even at very low level, I could take a few swings, die a few times, and collect loot the rest of group left behind, It was only after limitations on group size and loot locking was implemented that I got zero dreva a few times, but that is a different issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say that I feel the benefits to Druid outweigh the negative of no XP for a short period of time. Travel forms save you so much time that the xp gain from time saved beats out the XP loss for 30 minutes during an event unless you just unluckily login only during events. All said I agree the group size nerf has been irritating.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    You have to remember that it is not really about being 'reworked' but rather allowing development to continue and progress the systems naturally. When mounts arrive I think it is safe to say that they will increase movement speed and make traveling less of a chore.
    Mounts won't allow you to fly and avoid combat will they? Are we getting flying mounts or mounts that otherwise don't aggro mobs and trigger "in combat" slow-downs?

I don't play druid but my understanding as an outsider is that the "appeal" to druid flying is that druids fly over mobs and avoid their aggro which means there are no interruptions to their movement speed.

In any case, it's not reasonable to shut down discussion on an issue by saying "wait for future development" when we're not being told what direction that development will take.

I can't know how teleportation (or running) will eventually suck less than its present version. What I do know is it's "bad" for druid to be the work-around for bad transportation - players shouldn't feel so desperate for better transportation that they settle for being a druid. They should play druid because they want to be a druid (which means wanting the skill set and limitations).

If players are using druid as a work-around to overcome the bad transportation system then the devs should take from that situation that transportation needs some sort of re-working.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm. Flying mobs like fairies and dragons and rocs...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Wouldn't it just be better, this being alpha to just impart some skill that allowed people to just get fast travel? Just add a horse potion on a vendor for a couple coins.

The south serbule event is fine but both eltibule and ilmari are ridiculous and I think even requiring someone to have a 50 combat skill is way premature to expect someone to be able to participate.

It seems like we keep hearing about how it's alpha yet you either have to be inconvenienced while you test or farm druid to 50, isn't that the actual problem? You will save more time for having flight form even if you logged off on every druid event to stare at a wall.

Maybe in the end flight form just needs to be limited or put on a cooldown. In almost every game with flying it makes things so much easier, people never touch down, and it's a huge advantage. If druids get flight form it will be the easiest way to obtain a flying mount unless flying mounts are just cheaply available on a vendor.
    Last edited by Worm; 05-15-2017 at 10:25 AM.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    [...] it's alpha yet you either have to be inconvenienced while you test [...]
    And there you have the essence of alpha! We call our current development stage alpha NOT to make us look good or defray valid criticism, but to try to let people who want to help test know exactly what they are getting into.

Bugs, crashes, not-yet-implemented (NYI) stuff everywhere, sure. But that's typical beta stuff. Our alpha testers have to contend with much more than that: massive rewrites of the equipment system that invalidates half or more of their armor, entrenched bugs that cause them to lose money or items, constantly falling to their death from a great height while still on the ground, repeated crashes that won't let you log in for a week ... quite an awful lot of inconvenience all around.

We are incredibly proud of and grateful to the testers who are willing to put up with all of that. You are a force to be reckoned with!

Regarding druid events: We're reading and discussing the feedback - I'm watching druid feedback quite particularly myself - and we are planning changes and additional events around that feedback. It's also very useful to know how and why people are becoming druids and how you see that fitting in to a complete game. So let's keep this thread focused on feedback we can use for better druid events - and better druids!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some feedback on Druid events - this is not intended to be a moan, but rather a sense-check for people to comment (especially the Devs) if this is 'as intendned'

I have been taking part in the druid events from their launch & some I enjoyed (Elt.), some I avoided (Ilmari), but in every event - up until the 'lock' mechanism on monsters was introduced - they were social outings, people helped one another, some people even used healing specs. to give lower level players a chance of surviving.
    If not always enjoyable, they were sociable & inclusive.

Since the 'lock' mechanism this aspect has disappeared - and it may be changing the 'inclusive' culture of the player base to one that is less co-operative.
    On the last 6 druid events I have attended I saw nobody advertising in chat to group and saw very few people asking to join a group. I also have seen people running away /not engaging with monsters that were 'locked' by someone else.

Prior to the 'lock' mechanism this behaviour was never noticed.
    Also, it has become noticeable that high level players are often ignoring the event, or zoning into an event, killing 1 monster then zoning back out (& collecting druid points at the end)

Today's event in Ilmari summed up for me what the culture may evolve into:
    Despite repeated requests to join a group (there was at least 10 people in zone), no offers were received (& I deliberately did not form a group myself) so I soloed the monsters and played on my own - as did at least one other person. I suspect the 2 of us cleared most of the mobs.
    In summary, it was an uninteresting c. 30 minutes of play time

Of course, people don't need to group or co-operate, but the rewards for anyone who can't solo the monsters were probably limited to the Dreva points plus what are the druid events designed to be /achieve?
    Please feel free to (politely & respectfully) comment

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was worried about the recent Ilmari event also. I went and saw a few people standing in town. Looked for a group to follow around and serenade with my bard skills but I never saw one to do that for. Wasn't even going to group just get some bard exp. No offers of group in chat. Not a druid, so not going to bother trying to take down an overseer. It really seem different then it use to, then again maybe all the druid are too drunk to try and do a druid event . Not sure how to fix, just thought I would concur with poulter.

Thread Footer