Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question Questions I've been meaning to ask for awhile now.

I have wondered about these items in game for a while now.

1) Are animals supposed to be able to do regular first aid? You got the healing bombs, but normal first aid works fine for animals is this right?

2) When looking in a smaller crate than you have used before, you see more items than the smaller crate should hold. You can't add things back in once you take them out, spaces are not created till you get down to the proper level of the crates spaces. So is this all by design or is this just wrong?

3) Hunting Quest? When you take a quest by killing one of the creatures that has a crown symbol, you get what seems to me too broad a grouping of mobs to kill. The one that seemed the most wrong is killing regular panthers counts as Fey panthers if you have that quest. Now we were instructed by the patch notes that bear hunting was oddly broad and panthers groupies counted on bears as well or something like that. Wonder about Hunting Black Widow spiders, but any spider will do for the quest. And not sure about sheep in Kur counting for the quest started in South Serbule, but maybe that is fine, no idea. How is it supposed to work?

4)Is there an actual extra death penalty in Sun Vale? You are warned that there is, but I have never seen it.

5)The Goblin Ultashk is he completed or just a placeholder at the moment?

6)Is Iocaine supposed to be in the spicy chicken recipe? Anything else you add Iocaine to turns it into deadly poison, but not spicy chicken. Would it make sense to suggest that it be changed because it doesn't make sense or is it supposed to be prepared in just a certain way that negates the poison aspect.

Any thoughts on these issues welcomed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) I belive its bug. I vaguely remeber some talk about it few months back. It was (is?) caused by wearing gloves - basicly if you have gloves equiped in animal form you can use it. But from what i know you shoudlnt be. Thats why we have heling bombs and surival instinct - to cover firts aid/armor patching for animals.

2) Sorry dont know. I dont use crates at all.

3) If you get kill quest for sheep any sheep will count, since its nto zone specyfic (i belive). Also yeh i noticed that this kill categories are a bit too broad.

4) From what i know - no. I never noticed any. Where are wewarned about it? I dont recall seeing anything like that.

5)idk

6)Well i was wonderign about it too. I mean, im wolf, and as such i ate a lot of strange things, but eating dish with iocaine mushroom in it is a bit unsettling...
    Last edited by cr00cy; 01-20-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    About the warning of death penalty for Sun Vale, it is talked about by the boatman that takes you to Sun Vale.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 12-25-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    About the warning of death penalty for Sun Vale, it is talked about by the boatman that takes you to Sun Vale.
    You mena he will keep any items sea will wash away? I think its just lore stuff.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thought of another question

Question 7)
    You see Suspicious Cow on top of a rock. Suspicious Cow is on top of that same rock day after day. You figure that pathfinding is likely to blame and will get fixed when Unity gets it fixed. Is this something to put in a bug report? It is not breaking the game and the cause is well known or is it something that the devs prefer to know about and will manually save Suspicious Cow from her predicament?
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 12-27-2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AFAIK the devs have always said to report bugs even if you think other people have already reported them or that they know about them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2) When looking in a smaller crate than you have used before, you see more items than the smaller crate should hold. You can't add things back in once you take them out, spaces are not created till you get down to the proper level of the crates spaces. So is this all by design or is this just wrong?
    @ShieldBreaker, so this is difficult to explain, but imagine you have access to the largest crate in the game (it has the most empty slots) and you are in the middle of a lab run. Hypothetically, (since I can't recall) this crate has 30 slots. You unload 30 items into that crate to free up space in your inventory for the rest of the lab run. But, when you get back to town, the person who dropped that huge crate doesn't have another huge one to drop. They only have a small one with 8 slots. When you open that crate, you're staring into the same "storage dimension" as you were before, but with far less "deposit slots". Luckily, when you begin removing items from this smaller crate, as each item is deposited into your inventory, the empty spot it left behind is filled up by the next item in the "storage dimension". This allows you to remove all 30 items from the 8 slot crate, but if you were to deposit new items there, you'd only have access to the smaller crate's 8 slots.

Make sense?
    Last edited by Hood; 01-15-2017 at 03:05 AM.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    @ShieldBreaker, so this is difficult to explain, but imagine you have access to the largest crate in the game (it has the most empty slots) and you are in the middle of a lab run. Hypothetically, (since I can't recall) this crate has 30 slots. You unload 30 items into that crate to free up space in your inventory for the rest of the lab run. But, when you get back to town, the person who dropped that huge crate doesn't have another huge one to drop. They only have a small one with 8 slots. When you open that crate, you're staring into the same "storage dimension" as you were before, but with far less "deposit slots". Luckily, when you begin removing items from this smaller crate, as each item is deposited into your inventory, the empty spot it left behind is filled up by the next item in the "storage dimension". This allows you to remove all 30 items from the 8 slot crate, but if you were to deposit new items there, you'd only have access to the smaller crate's 8 slots.

Make sense?
    hmmm, maybe. I really should do more testing with crates. Not sure if it matters, it seems to be working well enough. Just worried that it isn't working as designed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Make sense?
    Makes perfect sense, well stated. But then, I've a quirky mind! Thanks for the esplainin', loved it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FelMonk View Post
    Makes perfect sense, well stated. But then, I've a quirky mind! Thanks for the esplainin', loved it.
    hmmm, maybe. I really should do more testing with crates. Not sure if it matters, it seems to be working well enough. Just worried that it isn't working as designed.
    Thanks This is definitely how I've seen it function in-game this past year, so it should be pretty close to factual.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Thread Footer