Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bug: When you move the Left side bar the top ability slot goes blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfyn View Post
    2. Power bars appear to be blue. Is that intended?...
    Yes, we have been told that is intended.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #112
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Sorry I couldn't test for longer than few minutes, apparently I missed ticking boxes that were supposed to be ticked (Citan said adjusting the settings was fairly intuitive) but I did want to offer a rather...unique perspective upon the first log in with the new UI. I don't want to call it a disability but I'm visually challenged (I think it's called acute myopia, I do wear contacts though). It was really overwhelming to the point where all my screen became blurry, now if that was my first login ever in PG I probably would've given it a pass (which would've been a shame and it would be a shame if others wouldn't give it a chance for this reason). I already have issues with my character spinning (yup, I adjusted the camera settings), after few days of not playing I get vertigo in the first 5 minutes. The new UI is probably great (I know it has some very useful features I am excited about like character slots) but I guess what I want to say is that the "look" is a tad overwhelming, there are a lot of windows that need size adjusting that cover all the screen or that I can't move etc. Maybe it's because of my eyesight but bad eyesight is most likely not uncommon among gamers. Fact is in the 5-10 minutes I've tried it for I got a massive headache and I had to revert to the old UI.
    My suggestion would be to have the default settings set to a nicer look (fonts and windows set at normal values by default, ofc we can adjust later but it's just a first impression thing) so when we first log in with the new UI the reaction would be "wow" not "ugh, how do I disable this or that"

I also had a question (maybe I missed a chat option somewhere) - are we able to disable all the spam in "all" chat and only see the "user" chat like before? What I mean is all that text (including the NPCs chatter, monsters vulnerability, exp gained, all the stuff we usually turn off) that pops up in Global, can it be turned off somehow?
    I just wanted to follow up on this, because I don't think Khay posted this as a follow up herself. The issue, which is described with a fix eariler in the thread by Citan, was actually caused by a bug in the launcher that causes some file corruption. If you download the New UI and have similar issues, you should click the "options" button on the launcher and then click "validate installation" as that will fix the issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: Training window from NPC's doesn't refresh automatically when first opened.
    If I open another tab in the same NPC's window and then go back to training all is there as should be.
    Not a big deal really as it only takes a couple seconds but some may complain
    Great work by the way as the new UI is what I was hoping for as now I can play at 4K with everything working as it should bar the minor bug of course
    Cheers

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Silvonis I did that when you advised it, I didn't notice any difference myself though (that's why I didn't post anything), I just tweaked the settings manually after i logged in. I'm guessing it's a file repair so it doesn't hurt to do it anyway?

Btw is the text on the launcher and log in screen meant to be that massive? The "Project Gorgon" title and the eula are really large (playing at 1920 x 1080)
    Last edited by Khaylara; 12-01-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug/Cosmetic: Sun Vale user icon on minimap is backwards

Bug: previously mentioned, but surveys and treasure cartography doesn't seem to flash beacon on minimap

Bug: Chat channel settings don't save between log ins

Suggestion: I would like more flexibility on what errors/info show or don't show in chat (e.g. I want exp gains but nothing else)

Suggestion: I agree with others - left click to use should be disable-able

Suggestion: I would like the ability to preview skill levels in the skills tab without having to click each one

Suggestion: I would like to be able to see just combat skills for quicker skill changes

Missing: You can't re-write a load out without deleting it first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bug: The Tragic Kitten Claw, which I keep for an unknown reason in storage, no longer shows a property that it is ensouled equipment or sth.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: I am unable to clear the guild MotD - it no longer accepts a blank text entry.

Cosmetic: I believe I was also unable to read a poetry book and leave its title blank. ( I had some problems reading the book last weekend, and now that I saw the MotD, I think the reason for my poetry problems was the initial blank title.)

Cosmetic: I find it a bit hard to tell whether the "Confirm" button for text entry fields like the guild MotD or poetry book is clickable or grayed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: With the resolution set to 5760x1200, the UI scale can be too large to fit on the screen. The scale had to be reduced prior to increasing the game resolution to wide screen. Setting the GUI scale to the lowest setting works, but menu items extend past the border of the settings window.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadonk View Post
    Bug: With the resolution set to 5760x1200, the UI scale can be too large to fit on the screen. The scale had to be reduced prior to increasing the game resolution to wide screen. Setting the GUI scale to the lowest setting works, but menu items extend past the border of the settings window.
    Don't forget to report in game, as it's now the correct way to report bugs about the UI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes more sense, thanks for the heads up

Thread Footer