Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on a Mac and still got freezes in serb until I set on Fastest and overrode Tree Draw Distance to 0. Anything higher than that would cause freezing. I can even set graphics one notch higher, to Fast, and as long as tree draw distance is 0, no freezing.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #52
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extractum11 View Post
    I forgot to mention this update removes the ServerInfo object in the recipes JSON. That's where the xp values used to be, so it's a really big change for the wiki. Right now it's much harder to support those columns in the recipes table. If this wasn't the intent, could those values be snuck in somewhere else?
    So as I understand it, the ServerInfo object isn't supposed to be included with the client version of the recipe JSON ... but the XP values are. So the XP values will be coming back in a different form. (And quickly, if we can. We want to make the wiki as useful and easy to work with as we can.)

Junior Member AssumptionOfImmolation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serbule crashes on Loading Screen

I have been troubleshooting this problem since last night, and it is frustrating.

I have been unable to log into my character when he leaves the tutorial island. Serbule will not load at all on my computer. I can run tutorial island without lag or issue, but as soon as I teleport or take the boat, the game hangs on the loading screen.

I have been able to get into the game by loading an alt and using the /unstickchar command, but I have nowhere to go besides serbule after said island.

Any solutions, advice, or workarounds would be appreciated. Apparently I am not the only one with this issue.

Things I have tried:
    1. Lowering graphics and resolution to lowest possible values
    2. Run in both DX9 and DX10
    3. Deleting preferences
    4. Installing to appdata folder
    Last edited by AssumptionOfImmolation; 05-13-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yay, thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was good after patch until I went back to Serbule.

I know dev's are working this issue. I have tried all fixes posted. Even start new avatar to make adjustments. No luck. I will monitor boards occasionally with hopes of a fix. Hopefully, it's the WIFI at my current location. I will be back to hard connection on Friday. Good luck my friends.
    Love reading RA Salvatore!
    AC was my first passion, played some Ultima, WOW, RIFT, Starwars, Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls.
    It's just a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a solution and might not really be fun but you could botch the coordinates you give the guy and go somewhere else. I did that by mistake at one point and ended up somewhere nuts that wasn't Serbule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for suggestion...how do I botch coordinates? BTW I was portaling (never came out, game defaulted to shutdown) into Serbule from a see the light death re-spawn.
    Love reading RA Salvatore!
    AC was my first passion, played some Ultima, WOW, RIFT, Starwars, Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls.
    It's just a game.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he means talk to the elf and give him random coordinates (tbh I never tried if it works for higher level characters that already went through the tutorial teleport quest). Don't worry the game client doesn't work for many of us, I have to constantly delete my GorgonPrefs file every login and go on the lowest graphics possible (it looks terrible) to be able to go to Serbule. Try that+using the death option if you manage to move your character on Anagoge. I'd do Anagoge-log off-delete GorgonPrefs-log back-drown-go into the light. Hope it works for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you are crashing on the loading screen, I think it is possible that you might miss daily or other messages in-game, once you do get back in. To be on the safe side you might want to use the /messages command once you get back in okay, just to double check if you got any in-game messages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone still having problems I can tell you how I have worked around the loading screen crashes. I don't know if this will work on Mac as I have Windoze.

First: I disabled my on-board graphics from the Device Manager. (this assumes that you have a dedicated graphics card, if you don't i wouldn't recommend this!!!!)

Second I load up the game,

Third: once I have loaded Serbule area I can re-enable on-board graphics and play like normal.

Fourth: I must do this each time that I Start the game up.

I came to this solution vie thinking.. i have GPU with plenty of memory.. and i'm running out of memory, am i really using the GPU then? This forces the game to use the dedicated GPU, and doing this i can easily run Serubule on 4: Beautiful setting with decent FPS(40-60), it gets rough(15-30) when there are lots of players around but that's a given.

I hope this can helps someone.

Thread Footer