Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Now I and some folks in my circle LOVE this boss encounter for the exact reason you say "your friend" hates it and wanted to quit. If a single individual mob ruins his experience so much, why not ignore the mob?
    First let me say I could have just chugged a MP I have in my alt's bank to fix myself but I would rather not as that is kind of expensive. I plan on never fighting that boss again as it is not worth it. You have very high risk with lots of effort required and a meh reward. For the same effort/time you could just take 2 elite 80 players into GK to kill beaky, loot the showers chest/staff and kill the mini boss downstairs with no chance of a curse.

For game design to make sense you need to have risk balanced with reward. You have to kill that boss three times in a row to get 1 set of drops. That is part of what I have issue with the encounter. Why bother when you can get more on average out of Fae Realm elites?

Second it is important to note that bosses are often capable of moving out of their warning zones. This seems like a critical design element to be addressed during the beta. Yes I agree people often get very overconfident with bosses and tend to ignore the warnings. But it does not seem fair/just for someone to be able to get a curse who is normally very respectful of bosses.

My friend (no quotation marks needed) got this curse without getting the boss warning which doesn't seem exactly right. A similar thing happened to a guild member in the Rahu Sewers where the rat king was moved about 50m out of place so you would find him blocking the path (instead of being in a 'boss zone' corner).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post

Looking at immunities specifically I really want to ask a question about a specific mob: Baruti.

http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Baruti

Effective: Acid
    Ineffective : Piercing, Nature, Crushing, Slashing, Fire
    Immune: Darkness
    In case I failed to mention it before I wanted to emphasize the part about this boss that is so messed up. Acid in Project Gorgon Does not do health damage. So this boss allows you to deal effective health damage to his armor only. To me this is the complete picture of a broken monster experience.

1. He must be killed 3 times in a row without losing aggro when one spawns again.
    2. He has no effective health damage type.
    3. His curse is completely insane.

I get the game design thing where you want monsters to be immune to darkness/fire. But this is a mummy; a monster who is covered in flammable bandages. Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall D&D greater mummies being resistant to fire so that is the only way I can accept that resistance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I enjoy the mechanics of the Baruti fight, but as you point out, the rewards do not make it worthwhile farming it.
    With a group of 6 people who know the mechanics and have adequate gear, failure to take down this boss is rare.
    I often use archery or fire during the fight, but a spider /druid poison build works well.

Regarding effective /non-effective damage types:
    For years I have treated this as + or - 25% damage (not sure if the % is still accurate)
    The % is important for lower geared groups (or for new level cap runs - think: running of GK in level 60 gear), but for those in decent modded gear it equates to 1 or 2 more hits on the mob before it dies.
    As long as you manage the mob's Rage this is not much of an issue.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    Acid in Project Gorgon Does not do health damage. So this boss allows you to deal effective health damage to his armor only.
    Not true. Many (maybe all) acid abilities deal armor damge, but at least some also deal "normal" damage:
    *Battle Chemistry's Acid Bomb deals ONLY armor damage
    *Warden's Aggressive Deterrent deals ONLY armor damage
    *Crossbow's Acid Bolt deals ONLY armor damage
    *Sigil Scripting's Acid Sigil deals mostly armor damage. (e.g. Aid Sigi 4: Sigil uses long range attacks that deal 30 Acid damage plus 60 armor damage over 15 seconds
    *Acid Arrow deals equal amount armor damage and normal damage: e.g. Acid Arrow 6 - 142 damage + 142 armor damage
    *Spider's Spit Acid deals some armor damage, but mostly normal damage: e.g. Spit Acid 5 - 216 damage + 98 armor damage -- treasure effect to boost armor damage, but also to deal Health Damage over time

Just wanted to mention this, because i've heard before that all acid damage is armor damage, and this is a misconception.

He has no effective health damage type
    True, but he it's not like every damage type is ineffective. He has "neutral" damage types too: Pyschic (which even has a lot of "Damage Health" abiilites that bypass armor (though apparently armor still absorbs some "Damage Health" damage from what i hear, not sure if this is a bug or not), Cold, Electricity, Trauma, and Poison.

Thread Footer