Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    My problem was when I was trying to get mats and I'd have a MOB almost down, a higher level would float in, kill it, and take the stuff. I could not care less about the xp but I need the mats because I am very crafting focused. I would say something to them, and they were like , 'you got xp, stfu". NOT THE POINT A'HOLE. So higher levels could just steamroll lowbies trying to get mats.
    Hmmm... I thought previously whoever did the most damage got the loot - I could be wrong.

I did notice that today's hotfix implemented "fix corpse-closing" and "loot expiration timer" from my original post. I still think that "first tagged" is the wrong way to go - you should have heard all the complaints about this in chat today during Kur Druid event.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Ugh, combat lock is ... Ugh.
    I want an open world to be an open world, where I can interact with others.
    I agree, it seems like the Devs are against 'instances', but are working towards the looting and group size as a different type of 'instance'.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    My problem was when I was trying to get mats and I'd have a MOB almost down, a higher level would float in, kill it, and take the stuff.
    That's odd, I never got loot from a corpse someone had been fighting awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yertle I agree on that after reading all of the posts lately and also playing the game. The whole concept of the game is somewhat undone by these loot rules.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Devs are not against instanced dungeons. They are constrained by what the server can handle.

Here are the essential things players should know from August 2016: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...rum-Discussion

And here's the relevant Citan quote from that post:

(If you're wondering how we can have instanced housing but not instanced dungeons, this is a special case. The server can handle instances where no combat is allowed. So you won't be able to fight monsters inside your house! But you'll be able to craft and shop and have visitors and much more.)
    And the reason the loot locks happened in the first place was that the way players were doing dungeons didn't fit with game design: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/entr...-March-10-2017

And the relevant quote from Citan:

Group Size and Loot

We're still gathering feedback on the new dungeon, but one change is clearly needed soon: we need to lock down group sizes and looting rights. Right now, we're incentivizing everyone to group up into clumps of as many players as possible. That doesn't just sap the challenge from the dungeon, it's also just a lot more boring.

I mentioned recently that we were waiting on this change until the new GUI was done, but I've changed my mind -- I'm implementing it now and it will be in the next snapshot build. (The GUI display will be rudimentary, but good enough for now.)

Here's how it will work:

Hunting groups will be capped at six players instead of 10.
    When fighting elite and boss monsters, only the first group that attacks it will be able to loot it.
    The monster will become "locked" to the first attacker's group, with a little lock icon visible to other players and groups to let them know.
    Each member of the locked group will get their own share of treasure, just as they do now, but no one outside that group will be able to loot the corpse.
    This applies to elites and bosses only! Looting rights for other monsters will continue as they are now.
    This only affects loot. Things like XP, combat wisdom, and curse removal remain as they are now.

That's it. It's actually a pretty small change, all told. It doesn't change other game mechanics, because right now I'm mostly concerned about the proliferation of loot.

This change is really important for group dungeons like Labyrinth and Gazluk Keep, but I'm also eager to see how this affects druid events. Right now, it seems that druids group up into mega-groups, sometimes with over a dozen people killing the same hapless monster, even when it would be much faster to split up. If druids start grouping in more sensibly-sized groups, several of the events will become much faster -- possibly too fast, it's hard to tell. That's information I need before adding the next batch of druid events.

We'll take it slowly and see the ramifications of this change, then make other changes as necessary. We’ll be watching our metrics, of course, but -- as always! -- we will need your feedback.
    There aren't going to be instanced combat situations, so all this feedback is essential.

One underlying issue driving the need for mucho loot resides in the price of skills and breaking caps. The average 91,000 councils needed to break caps from level 60-70 is quite daunting, for example. And if that cost remains exponential for subsequent level cap breaks, that will require a huge amount of time spent raising funds. If the loot will always have relatively the same vendor value, the amount of loot (and other fundraising) will be mindboggling.

Having loot rules for just the large group dungeons only would solve a lot of issues. Open world events like druid emergencies, halloween celebrations and named bosses should all have free loot rules. It helps the newbies and fosters cooperation. Spontaneous grouping in open world situations like Manticores is fantastic. I'd love to see more of those.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, my reply got posted in the middle of this thread. It really belongs at the end:

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ull=1#post3203

Thread Footer