Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Faery inventory nerf is worse than a boss's curse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascion View Post
    While I would certainly agree that the inventory reduction sounds incredibly harsh, and maybe more annoying than advanced/challenging, the perks of being Fae do read like they should come at a pretty hefty price.

Spit-balling a few ideas here...
    • Perhaps the inventory restrictions should be tied to armor choice? For example, wearing a metal chest/legs could reduce inventory by 5 each, while helm/gloves/boots reduce it by 2. Similarly, leather could be -2 for chest/legs, -1 for helm, -0 for gloves/boots (critically, this would give -5 for wearing a 3-pc Winter set.)
    • A more complex iteration of this mechanic might include assigning a different "encumbrance" value to each armor type in each slot. In addition to inventory reductions, hitting certain thresholds would give you cumulative debuffs. For example, using the numbers from above, flight could be disabled at a value of 6+ (any combination of 3-pc metal, or any metal while wearing 3pc-Leather.)
    • Instead of outright reducing inventory space, what if using any of the last 16 slots could enable a limited form of Encumbrance? No flight, no fast travel... but, instead of a movement penalty, maybe more combat-oriented debuffs? No evasion/nimble, longer cooldown for Combat Refresh, a stacking "exhaustion" debuff to reduce effectiveness until you "catch your breath," etc...
    I really like the sound of that idea. gives more choice in play style and allow a diverse fairy player base. while not feeling limited in what you want to play, you still retain the penalty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascion View Post
    While I would certainly agree that the inventory reduction sounds incredibly harsh, and maybe more annoying than advanced/challenging, the perks of being Fae do read like they should come at a pretty hefty price.

• Perhaps the inventory restrictions should be tied to armor choice?
    While I think this is interesting it might be hard to code.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    The Faery inventory nerf is worse than a boss's curse?
    To be fair that is a rather low level curse boss (I thought that curse used to be -8 or 10). But maybe the -16 is a little ridiculous?

I already have +42 pocket gear made that I will wear to level 50 and then make class rolled pocket gear.

The only reason I can imagine you are giving the inventory debuff is because you are going to allow fae to use animal town storage while 'mortal'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, +42 pockets! Well, I can dream of owning such stuff one day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name your fae "pocketses"
    Nah i still think inventory shaggery that is race specific is still gimped whether or not you are a super overlord who has mastered the craft of giving the pockets of unlimited space to your alt to make it less of an issue while most other people dont get that luxury and just enjoy dropping things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the approach. Kudos Citan, sounds good.
    Not going to talk the numbers till we see how it plays.

Given this the mind races thinking about possible implications for dwarves and orcs.

Interesting updates ahead for sure.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That inventory penalty is huge. That means when out adventuring you will have to return to town more often with loot. With dying and getting back to where u were also an issue that sounds like a lot of extra traveling that fairies will incur, rather than doing the fun stuff you enjoy. Are the trade offs worth it? There is a lot of fun sounding things but in reality it sounds like it is going to introduce a lot of extra tedium. I hope not. I hope there are reasonable ways to compensate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is answered elsewhere, feel free to point me in the right direction.

If I delete the character that I unlocked Fairies on, will I lose access to the race? Or is it an account unlock not tied to any character in particular?

As an obsessive toon nuker, I need to know!

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Account unlock, not tied to a particular character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srand View Post
    Account unlock, not tied to a particular character.
    Perfect! I've been considering having a fairy as my main and the announcement that they're coming soon is what drew me back into the game. Can't wait to give them a try!

Thread Footer