Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    New pet? Do you mean new variant of pets we could already tame (rat/cat/bear) or completly new type of pets to tame?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm over-leveled for this content (which is perfectly okay!) but I of course jumped right into it because it's new content, so here is my feedback regarding the new caches:

-I love the new lore bits scattered in among the newly-written NPCs. Some of it confirming info from other places about the history of the desert, some of it new. I am one of those players that reads all NPC dialogue, so this was much appreciated.

-Overall, I think this content is a great concept. I group up sometimes, but it's nice to see that development is also friendly toward the solo player. I think the length is appropriate (I'm assuming it takes slightly longer for appropriately-leveled characters). "Dungeons" that don't require a multi-hour investment are always a plus.

-I can't really speak to the difficulty of the combat, although even I had trouble with a water-filled one as a fire magic/mentalism user. This is a plus for me. I worry a little about level 50 players getting *to* some of the cache locations in the first place with some of the enemies in the desert.

-Safe-cracking: I'm so excited about a new skill!! I did the first two caches before being directed to talk to The Sand Seer, where I actually learned about the full rules to safe-cracking (especially the 6/6 symbol divide). I was a little disappointed here, because this made the puzzles trivial for me. I did notice the symbols on the walls, but I ignored them during the first two chests I opened. I would prefer the difficulty be ratcheted up several notches for these. (This is a personal preference and may not be everybody's cup of tea. Maybe a few chests could randomly be extra difficult? And provide higher safe-cracking xp?)

Thanks so much for the new content!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the war cache system but my understanding from the dev blog was that they were intended to gear a new 50. I've done about 10 so far and while i have got some nice gear, I can't use any of it until 55 or 60. Difficulty wise they seem to be ok for early 50, single mob I'm fine, multiple pull I'm struggling sometimes live sometimes die, except the ghosts in the water they kill me quick as staff/fire with stake the heart sidebar but switch to staff/archer, mangling shot worked if you get to a mushroom quick enough and not drag a viper as well.

I would say the general mobs need to drop more lvl 50 gear and leave the 55 for the barter and 60 only from the chest. Concept is great though, hopefully see more at different levels, since we have Gazluk done for lvl 60 content maybe the next new zone for lvl 70 content could be more war cache with lvl 80 zone back to standard dungeon.

Edit: This thread covers the issues with the ghosts and seems to be the most challenging of the war caches. https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-War-Cache-F-4
    Last edited by Silkt; 04-29-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Overall, thumbs up for this update. I liked the war cache a lot, for the diversity, the design and the puzzles. Of course, once you know your way and your levers it becomes a bit more of a grind, but I complete them mostly in the expected time so I'd say this part is right on target.

The war caches involving scorpions are quite annoying, but now I do them with a crossbow and some arrows to knock them back, and it's no longer an issue.

There is this F-4 map with ghosts that could be tuned down. In your blog post you mentioned that you expected some preparation would be necessary, but the thing is you can't really prepare for them. As far as I know, there is no sidebar ability that can stun, no sigil or other things like that. So, if you're not playing with a skill that can stun it can be pretty hard to prepare, as you must switch to a loadout with a stun, run away and return back to your normal build. I play AH/sword to level this new pet (thank you for that) and that's what I do.

Difficulty-wise, I'm too well-geared to comment. I have noticed and reported a few bugs, nothing major beside a problem with the Spider Punt ability.

Regarding the Gazluk Keep change, I went there to see how it affected my ability to solo the place, and I think it made it easier, albeit slower. I run Ice/Psy, and beside what some people may think, I don't have much trouble keeping my health and armor permanently at max. I don't even use armor patching or first aid, and troopers for example don't stand a chance. Infiltrators are the hardest, because I'm defenseless against indirect poison damage, but if I bothered with poison resistance I could probably easily fix that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The egg event was a nice gesture thank you. But please have the rewards be in line with one another in the future; 40 gems worth 200 each is not a fair reward when compared 3 random level 70 pieces of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    GK is overall harder...

but I think it's been overtuned, especially when the cap is raised and people will be going through without 5 people that have 50+ mods each + sets designed specifically for GK.
    I have not had a chance to go to GK yet but:

In the past GK felt like it was kept overly hard because it is the group zone for lvl 70; but it is the only zone for level 70s to get loot. There is a huge disconnect from someone who made a well rolled 50 yellow set, got a few yellow pieces from the sewer, rolled that and then went to GK for the first time. In short GK has felt for a very long time like you designed it for level 70 characters who have well rolled gear sets. That only makes sense now with 70 being the cap. It wont make any sense when 70 is a week long transition (or less) when people are moving to get level 80 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Regarding the Gazluk Keep change, I went there to see how it affected my ability to solo the place, and I think it made it easier, albeit slower. I run Ice/Psy, and beside what some people may think, I don't have much trouble keeping my health and armor permanently at max. I don't even use armor patching or first aid, and troopers for example don't stand a chance. Infiltrators are the hardest, because I'm defenseless against indirect poison damage, but if I bothered with poison resistance I could probably easily fix that.
    Is Citan even bothered by people fighting the mobs in GK solo? I am kinda starting to think he isn't.

But let's say he wanted to press a button and make it nearly impossible for any 70 to solo he could do that pretty easily (while adjusting the zone overall to make it eaier). This would open the door to make the zone realistic for new lvl 70 players with lvl 60/50 (yellow well rolled gear).

1. Change the main entrance room spawn points (first fight down the stairs).
    2. Change the backdoor so that there is a singular windy path (instead of a multiple exit scenario - basic trap design works so that you force the target to go exactly one way). All the empty space at the back
    3. Add one new elite mob

1. If you adjust the mob position just a bit you can make this not be 4x single pulls. So in this first room add a new mob "elite guard" or something like that with above average armor/health and piercing damage on a spear. Special ability: 100% immune to root, stun, mez, etc. as well as critical hits. Place this new mob on the blind spot on the stairs so that if you go down the stairs he will aggro. Make his call for assist bigger than normal but his aggro range smaller. This will do a few things: force him to be killed first, always make him aggro first, make all the mobs in the first room always assist him, and force a failed assault to go back outside.

This will create an ironclad block that willy likely keep 99% of people from trying to solo the front door. A group that can clear the first room is rewarded with easier fights inside. Alternatively you could have 2 elite guards and then say like 4 trash mobs in the first room. I would hope that a group of level 70 characters would have at least one mez/root in the group (can always change specs later).

2. For the backdoor you left a lot of space so that people go from the rug to melandria safely. When aggro changes I suspect that area will change too; but currently that works as a perfect "kite runway". Here you can just add 2 elite guards on every doorway that would lead to something interesting (not the doors leading out of the "cross").

3. Maybe the new mob could have very specific instructions to always return to his spawn point.
    Last edited by Golliathe; 04-30-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    As far as I know, there is no sidebar ability that can stun
    I take that back, the Paralyzing Rat Trap does stun, can go on sidebar, and is reasonably easy to farm in small quantities (Through easy quests, then barter).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gk mobs probably still need a little more health, but I'm pretty sure from the patch notes you already knew that, I still think it feels more on the right track. Not being suddenly one shot killed is a huge improvement fun wise regardless.

Mobs that cast indirect damage effects need to not spam them every second as basic attacks, vipers are pretty big offenders here and so are slugs, it's fine for a viper to spit poison at you every 6 seconds or so but when they do it constantly ( in fact they have no melee attacks at all) it gets ridiculous. Geyser slug/ rakshasa mages / drakeworms( fire ones) are also huge offenders here, indirect attacks are fine as long as they aren't spammable until you have 7 versions of the same damage over time effect on you. Even with the indirect mitigation from thick skin + alcohol tolerance these DoT's feel over tuned at 70, can't imagine how much a 50/60 hates them. You just need to add a cooldown on these effects like 6 seconds or so and give them non-indirect attacks to use for the other 5 seconds. This would be in line with most of our skillsets. I know potions are an alternative but you honestly can't be expecting us to carry 20 different potions with no "potion bag" or something similar.

I know this is going to be unpopular but you need to get rid of the percentile based mitigation shields for unarmed and cow, it is impossible to balance damage when you have both forms of mitigation existing, my advice for unarmed would be to change it to some sort of evasion self-buff ( since that makes more sense thematically for a monk, and they'd still be tanky.. but it would be the sort of dodge dodge spiked for 40% of your health, tankyness) and change cow version to flat numbers or a temporary health buffer shield, like 200pts or so. Either that or give more skills access to percentile based mitigation... there is really no other option balance wise unless you do one or the other, because any changes to damage otherwise will make one type overpowered while making the other type underpowered at the same time. For example right now cows and unarmed builds can still pull 5-7 mobs at once in GK, no other skillset can ( possibly barring staff as long as all the mobs die within 10 seconds, which seems unlikely at this point). This is going to end up boring people that are using those skills, and frustrating anyone that isn't.

I would still like to see mitigation from armor not be tied to your remaining armor, it's unreliable and doesn't really do much since from even a single hit you no longer have the same mitigation you had a second ago, you could leave everything else the way it is armor bar wise, alternately you could tie it to weather you have armor at all instead of scaling down for every 25 damage your armor receives, as in.. you lose all armor mitigation when your armor hits zero, until then it stays as a flat amount ( 40 if you have 1000 max armor etc). This would give heavy armor a lot more reliability and make it a competitive choice vs cloth or leather.

I know you are aware of the taunt + root issue that can allow groups to cheese difficult mobs, and I believe you said changing their target priority while rooted would be problematic... so how about this : Make all direct damage attacks have a 10% chance per attack to break a root prematurely, hell do the same thing with snare if you really want to, snare feels balanced though already because kiting eats your power, it already has a downside.

Archery still needs a quiver, badly.

You should also "never" be considered in-combat unless you are actually hit by something or hit something, this is extremely frustrating for travel when you are slowed down because something saw you and doesn't like you, especially when you are flying and some tiger on the ground decides he hates you. It's also pretty frustrating when you land as a bird, see a mob coming..start transforming and your transformation fails even though you still haven't been struck, because the game considers you in combat anyways. Also even on the ground when you run past something 15m away it shouldn't suddenly slow you down unless it actually hits you, this just makes sense.

I know this might come off as criticism or overly negative, but it really isn't. We all just want to have fun and you need to know about these issues, it's up to you if you decide to act on them or not but they are certainly problematic. I'd be remiss if I didn't at least try to mention them to you in a clear format.
    Last edited by ErDrick; 04-30-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The damage% boosts on some of the belts (e.g. sword/arch) is still a trivial bonus. Supposed to boost dmg at "8%" but the math really boils down to about a 1-2% increase.

Sir Johnson bucks are fun, but don't offer anything incentivizing for me being that I'm already on level 70 gear. I'd love to see some possible side items like desert rose seeds, chalices of life, or maybe some cool abilities (if it doesn't break the game) like a sidebar skill for knockback.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it counts as part of the update: the new event tools seem to be working to create the event, the event wordings need to be improved though to include comments about what rewards are ONCE per account and what can be completed by alts.

The rewards also need to match the description of the selection you make, as a deer/druid I selected lvl 70 reward and got an orb that was lvl 50 necro/lvl 51 unarmed, a work order for an NPC that doesn't talk to animals and a leaky clay pot.

Apart from a lvl 50 reward being not lvl 70 as selected, it had no skill mods, just underwater breath +6 and chance to avoid knockback when unarmed is active. Why is this unarmed mod even possible on an orb?

It was an orb that is useless in the form I was in;

Is an off hand that doesn't work with one of the skills on it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErDrick View Post
    I know this is going to be unpopular but you need to get rid of the percentile based mitigation shields for unarmed and cow, it is impossible to balance damage when you have both forms of mitigation existing, my advice for unarmed would be to change it to some sort of evasion self-buff ( since that makes more sense thematically for a monk, and they'd still be tanky.. but it would be the sort of dodge dodge spiked for 40% of your health, tankyness) and change cow version to flat numbers or a temporary health buffer shield, like 200pts or so. Either that or give more skills access to percentile based mitigation... there is really no other option balance wise unless you do one or the other, because any changes to damage otherwise will make one type overpowered while making the other type underpowered at the same time. For example right now cows and unarmed builds can still pull 5-7 mobs at once in GK, no other skillset can ( possibly barring staff as long as all the mobs die within 10 seconds, which seems unlikely at this point). This is going to end up boring people that are using those skills, and frustrating anyone that isn't.
    Unarmed gets a mods that makes it gain % mitigation. Psych and ice have innate abilities that gives mitigation. The difference between shield:unarmed for tanking is like the difference between necro and fire for aoe damage. Yaffy broke down the math on this (I think twice) and made videos showing how unarmed was better than shield for big hits before changes were made last patch. The only thing shield has is elemental ward which gives you 10 seconds of immunity with 20 seconds of cooldown. Unarmed doesn't have a situation where the % mitigation fails or is on cooldown.

Cow tanking is broken because unarmed is broken. The only thing silly about cow is that it runs really fast and has an incredible aoe taunt (I already suggested once before that players as a whole are overtaunting way too easily). Without being able to easily aoe taunt for huge amounts of health then 6-8 pulls wont be easy.

As long as there are % damage shields people will likely be able to solo content that is supposed to be for groups.

I know you are aware of the taunt + root issue that can allow groups to cheese difficult mobs, and I believe you said changing their target priority while rooted would be problematic... so how about this : Make all direct damage attacks have a 10% chance per attack to break a root prematurely, hell do the same thing with snare if you really want to, snare feels balanced though already because kiting eats your power, it already has a downside.
    That's a lazy solution that makes root nearly worthless. Everquest solved this problem ages ago : If the mob is rooted it hits things by proximity (you could have it 'clear' aggro by being rooted).

You should also "never" be considered in-combat unless you are actually hit by something or hit something, this is extremely frustrating for travel when you are slowed down because something saw you and doesn't like you, especially when you are flying and some tiger on the ground decides he hates you. It's also pretty frustrating when you land as a bird, see a mob coming..start transforming and your transformation fails even though you still haven't been struck, because the game considers you in combat anyways. Also even on the ground when you run past something 15m away it shouldn't suddenly slow you down unless it actually hits you, this just makes sense.
    This one I have to disagree with. Combat needs to stay as it is because otherwise some movement speeds would be overpowered (fire magic/flying). Flying is borderline OP because you can just 100% ignore the content. The system like it is "keeps you honest" for doing things like gear swapping or in your case changing travel forms.

On that note can we nerf travel form swapping? Battlechemistry buffs drop the second you change classes. But you can change to shield press take the lead, elemental ward and then change to a different class and still have those buffs. Why?

Thread Footer