Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorKazim View Post
    so. as it is now, for this example (Leather working), a level 70 character will use this skill only to level it to 70 (grind). The in-between skills will only be used once or twice until the next level skill and never again as they are obsolete for the cause (to use the top and only those skills). All the items created are to be sold to the vendors below cost.
    Who will buy this items. Only vendors…

Ok. Now how is this good for the economy?
    There are work orders for each skillcrafts products at each level tier(every 10 not 5). They are worth twice what the item is face valued at typically.

There simply isn't demand for crafted gear at the lower levels as you level pretty quick and each item makes you vastly more powerful. Most people make a set at 50 and then 70. Some (albeit few) dedicated crafters do make armor sets every 10 levels. I can think of a father daughter combo that play together that do this and seem to have a lot of fun with it.

To say that the items have no use because you cant sell it to vendor though is imo expecting too much. To me you are asking to be paid to level your skill while not dealing with players. The items still have a good bit of value to them before you should consider vendoring them. Have you used the massive amount of items to level shamanic infusion? crafting 10 plus of a slot is a great way to level SI or any of the augments and or transmutation skill.

If you want to level a skill, and get paid for it at the same time try cooking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    work orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raviollius View Post
    work orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    work orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorKazim View Post
    The only thing is that I feel that the most crafting skills are only oriented to “work orders”.

work orders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I don't have access to the game right now but I believe the "value" listed in the Wiki is the price that you would sell an item to a vendor for (as opposed to what you'd spend to buy the item). So, if you skinned everything yourself and then had a choice of either selling the raw materials directly to an NPC vendor or turning them into a leather shirt, you'd make more money just vendoring the skins. Or, more accurately, you'd make the most money buying some tannin powder from a vendor, turning the skins into rolls and then vendoring the rolls (3 councils profit vs just selling the skins, whee! ) . If you continue processing the materials to actually make a shirt, you lose money compared to either the skins or the rolls option.
    Hmm, not sure if it has been stated already but here goes.

Amazing Skin = 150c
    Amazing Leather Roll = 250c

Amazing Leather Roll cost:
    - Amazing Tannin Powder @ 75c

If you were to sell out to an NPC, say 75k vendor cash.

500 Amazing Skins = 75k profit
    300 Amazing Leather Rolls = 52,5k profit

So, by selling Leather Rolls, you are in fact losing somewhat 1/3 of the councils you could have earned. You will, however, be able to sell out faster.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ashreon - that's a great point. I'm usually nowhere near exhausting a vendor's cash pool, so it didn't even occur to me to consider that.

Thread Footer