Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skill line exclusivity concerns

Hi! I'm a long time off and on player, and I feel like many years ago it was mentioned that there would be skill lines you couldn't unlock on the same character. For some reason there's a thought stuck in my head that it was mentioned becoming a Druid or Lycanthrope will prevent you from accessing other skills released later. I don't mean any race skills, or the fact that Druid/Lycanthropy cannot be used together currently, or that beast forms disable things while you're in that form. If I become a druid am I potentially locking myself out of something to come later? Does the design philosophy include plans for this in the future?

Thanks so much.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So, I came up with 77 search result when looking into this, and only read up to 35th. Keeping that in mind, I get the feeling that besides certain skills not being usable at the same time, there is nothing stopping you from choosing to take everything as long as you are ready to accept the downsides of each 'cursed' class. There are some hints of some issues of trying to work for two or more gods at once, but what the 'fallout' of that isn't explained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your input and the time spent on it. It is appreciated for sure!

I'm hoping eventually I can get some form of an "official" answer. I know plenty of things are going to change over time, but I'm curious if the hard lockout excluding character race stuff is something they have said whether they want to avoid or not. I don't see a generic support email listed, the in game options are just for bugs or suggestions, and I don't want to direct it to the wrong place. Do people know of a preferred method of contact for unimportant generic questions that I am missing? Thanks!
    Last edited by Mujii; 03-09-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The discord is the most active and likely you will catch an admins or devs attention and quick response.

http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Discord

It is also where the devs ask for questions to be answered during Town Hall Q & A events, which end up being post here afterward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I'll try there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything I've heard in the last 4 years indicated an approach that taking lycan/druid/warden/wwitch wouldn't lock you out of taking a skill line. The restriction has always been mentioned as "You can't run these two things at the same time." An example of that is Necromancy and Priest. I have maxed both of those skills, I just can't run them at the same time.

And I can't see them making it retroactive. That would mean stripping skills from long time players.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We don't anticipate having any retroactive skill-exclusivity gates. There may be exclusive skills in the future, but more like choosing between one of three new crafting skills, or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    We don't anticipate having any retroactive skill-exclusivity gates. There may be exclusive skills in the future, but more like choosing between one of three new crafting skills, or something like that.
    Thank you very much! Thanks for this wonderfully unique game.

Thread Footer