Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda Bummed, Need Some Pick-Me-Up Juice!

So for those who might not know, I accidently deleted my main, Ashtalia, when on some pain meds for my back. I had 2 characters with similar names ... the other was AshtaIia ....

I'm so bummed caused she had such good gear, a lot even made for me and gifted, and a guild I was in too! And I know this game is in Alpha or Beta or whatever, so I don't expect them to be able to recover her for me ...

I'm just so bummed out. I was even making a sword/shield guide on the forums too, though there was a few people to encouraged me to add back what I had written there (I deleted it out of frustration).

Has anyone else done this? Should I just try again by making her and do the sword/shield thing? The last time I really played her was ... oh man ... from the time before you paid to buy the game? Either that or a year or something so I made a new character to do stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried to contact the developers via "!" or forum PMs and getting an answer from them? Because it looks like you're just guessing, that they won't help at all. If it fails, you can create a new character, ofc, and ask your guild/friends for help in form of powerleveling/council credit/items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkay, I guess I'll try and ask!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asking is a good idea! The last time someone publicly mentioned a situation where one of their characters was deleted by mistake, they were told the following.

"You can e-mail support@projectgorgon.com with all the details. We should be able to recover your character and it's skills and personal inventory, but all guild and storage data is lost forever.
    Also keep in mind we have to manually dig it out of the slush pile that deleted characters go to. It will take some time."

"make sure you keep an open char slot or we can't reattach it to the account!"
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I will do that as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay! I sent an e-mail as suggested, and was told they will do their best though no guarantees! I'm fine with that.

Either way, I will get back to making the guide I was doing since some people were interested!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtalia View Post
    So for those who might not know, I accidently deleted my main, Ashtalia, when on some pain meds for my back. I had 2 characters with similar names ... the other was AshtaIia ....

I'm so bummed caused she had such good gear, a lot even made for me and gifted, and a guild I was in too! And I know this game is in Alpha or Beta or whatever, so I don't expect them to be able to recover her for me ...

I'm just so bummed out. I was even making a sword/shield guide on the forums too, though there was a few people to encouraged me to add back what I had written there (I deleted it out of frustration).

Has anyone else done this? Should I just try again by making her and do the sword/shield thing? The last time I really played her was ... oh man ... from the time before you paid to buy the game? Either that or a year or something so I made a new character to do stuff.
    Ha, I can relate.
    I too was on pain medication when I named my Project Gorgon avatar.
    I contacted support and they recommended I create a new avatar or face an autogenerated renaming. I've since purchased the game and created an entirely new avatar.

Seems you lost some sweet sweet loots, perfectly normal to be bummed out.
    I agree that you should try making her again and do the sword/shield thing.
    Nice guide by the way.

Last edited by PGSly; 10-16-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    Sloven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news! PG was able to restore my character!!

Thread Footer