Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What I don't understand is why you brought up "compensation" in the first place. They don't owe us, the testers/players any response, apologies or compensation, bringing it up was unnecessary. Pointing out a source of frustration in game is fine but directly attacking the staff cause you didn't like their tone or lack of response for something trivial is not.

Don't forget that it's not actually a chore you do for free, you get lots of entertainment value out of this game while testing it. Nobody imposes any condition on how you choose to test P:G, the amount of testing and reports is your choice. "If that is too hard for you, then I am not sure what to say" that was also unnecessary (and rude) considering you bashed Silvonis for much less. It's not only the staff's obligation to be polite you know.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's okay, Khaylara. We've asked you to help us test, and we understand that sometimes that is incredibly frustrating. In fact, one of the things we'd like you to test is what mechanics are too frustrating and punitive. (We may not change those, but we need to know what you think.) Sometimes that leads to some venting. It's understandable, and we expect it. I think that we do have an obligation to be as polite as we can (within reason). And compensation can be as simple as listening, understanding, seriously considering your experiences and feedback, and letting you know how much we truly do appreciate your efforts.

Arundel pointed out a problem (with some venting); I apologized for not listening to the problem; Arundel accepted the apology. Let's move on.

If nothing else, I am glad that this opened a conversation on Words of Power. I am intrigued by these suggestions.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the result of a Word of Power is so random, you sorta do have to make dozens to get the one you want.

It's often better than trying to craft the specific effect - curing animal shape comes to mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    What I don't understand is why you brought up "compensation" in the first place. They don't owe us, the testers/players any response, apologies or compensation, bringing it up was unnecessary. Pointing out a source of frustration in game is fine but directly attacking the staff cause you didn't like their tone or lack of response for something trivial is not.

Don't forget that it's not actually a chore you do for free, you get lots of entertainment value out of this game while testing it. Nobody imposes any condition on how you choose to test P:G, the amount of testing and reports is your choice. "If that is too hard for you, then I am not sure what to say" that was also unnecessary (and rude) considering you bashed Silvonis for much less. It's not only the staff's obligation to be polite you know.
    This is my last response here. Khaylara, not everyone is like you. I have lost friends testing due to frustrations and not feeling they are heard. You can also take a simple look at Reddit for this game or our forums to figure this one out. Now hear me out, I'm not advocating that if every person who cries isn't heard immediately we should just give up - I am saying that I have had many a person who tested hundreds of hours share the same concerns with me and some did leave... don't know if they will be back.

Just because you are content to test a game and hit issues like this without ever getting frustrated doesn't mean others will do the same. Listen, I have played over 600 hours and this is about one of 3 things that actually frustrated me and it was pretty limited. What is more frustrating to me is the lack of empathy from devs/testers when a player loses 3 hours or 20 hours due to a lack of proper wording. I don't expect perfection from anyone, but I do expect a bit of empathy during this process. I also did not want compensation and only brought it up to say "here are your options for throwing someone a bone"... the successful MMO's I have seen have been good at consoling players who lost a bunch of time to something very frustrating. It is true that this is testing, but we also are being told we keep our characters/skills (?) so it is not "just" testing either.

That said, it may seem that I blew off steam on Silvonis but this thread was specifically about devs not acknowledging frustrating situations (which was already cleared up by Srand very nicely) and Silvonis joined the thread as if to say "I am going to ignore your exact concern and repeat the offense...." and do the specific thing I was complaining about. If this is hard for people to understand then you just need to work on your empathy. Maybe it is what I do for a job that makes me opinionated on this but this is a two way thing. I show a lot of patience testing a game like this, but sometimes you get frustrated losing a bunch of time to something and you do have a right to express that and hopefully you are heard. This process creates better feedback. I inherently trust Srand and listen to her (forgive me if I am incorrect in saying her, that is what I have been told) much better than others because of the way she has responded to me with respect and addressed concerns.

All that said, the overall response time and specifically srand's responses are far above what I would expect of a small team. I am just trying to help out so our already low population doesn't shrink more. If I vent my own frustrations and mirror my peers in this then I am sorry if that offends you.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    This is my last response here. Khaylara, not everyone is like you. I have lost friends testing due to frustrations and not feeling they are heard. You can also take a simple look at Reddit for this game or our forums to figure this one out. Now hear me out, I'm not advocating that if every person who cries isn't heard immediately we should just give up - I am saying that I have had many a person who tested hundreds of hours share the same concerns with me and some did leave... don't know if they will be back.

Just because you are content to test a game and hit issues like this without ever getting frustrated doesn't mean others will do the same. Listen, I have played over 600 hours and this is about one of 3 things that actually frustrated me and it was pretty limited. What is more frustrating to me is the lack of empathy from devs/testers when a player loses 3 hours or 20 hours due to a lack of proper wording. I don't expect perfection from anyone, but I do expect a bit of empathy during this process. I also did not want compensation and only brought it up to say "here are your options for throwing someone a bone"... the successful MMO's I have seen have been good at consoling players who lost a bunch of time to something very frustrating. It is true that this is testing, but we also are being told we keep our characters/skills (?) so it is not "just" testing either.

That said, it may seem that I blew off steam on Silvonis but this thread was specifically about devs not acknowledging frustrating situations (which was already cleared up by Srand very nicely) and Silvonis joined the thread as if to say "I am going to ignore your exact concern and repeat the offense...." and do the specific thing I was complaining about. If this is hard for people to understand then you just need to work on your empathy. Maybe it is what I do for a job that makes me opinionated on this but this is a two way thing. I show a lot of patience testing a game like this, but sometimes you get frustrated losing a bunch of time to something and you do have a right to express that and hopefully you are heard. This process creates better feedback. I inherently trust Srand and listen to her (forgive me if I am incorrect in saying her, that is what I have been told) much better than others because of the way she has responded to me with respect and addressed concerns.

All that said, the overall response time and specifically srand's responses are far above what I would expect of a small team. I am just trying to help out so our already low population doesn't shrink more. If I vent my own frustrations and mirror my peers in this then I am sorry if that offends you.
    I understand that you are frustrated with the situation, but if we are being forthright in your original ticket you explained the issue and then asked if it was a bug or a feature. I responded that others could discover the same words of power and use them - thus the ones you were saving could become used.

After that, you came on the forums to vent saying that the response you received was that you were 'out of luck' and that others 'stole' your words of power.

I feel that is a mischaracterization as I never said either, in fact - I simply answered your question by explaining how others could research and find the same words. That doesn't mean I didn't feel bad for the situation, I was just trying to give you a straight forward answer to your question.

The in game reporting tool is not designed for extensive conversations and I apologize if you took the response as short or without empathy. We are now making it clear that the in game tool is for bug reports and suggestions and that any questions not answered by the community should be posted on the forums (as stated in the testers guide).

All that said, I'm going to close this thread as you've made your point clear. If you would like to discuss it further, then please feel free to email us at supportatprojectgorgon.com.

Thread Footer