Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
    Can we buy the game and then still link the code they send us to steam... That way I can still write a review
    You would have two copies then. You can write a review either way but Steam will weigh them differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may do that... As long as I can still put my pledge package on my account than I would have no problems owning two copies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may do that... As long as I can still put my pledge package on my account than I would have no problems owning two copies
    You can do that; simply play with your pledge account (i.e., link that with your Steam account) but review the game via your new key.

Perhaps the developers would consider adding "hidden" Steam packages for those of us who would purchase the game on Steam to leave a properly weighed review? Not sure if that's possible, but I feel sorry for the team because those of us who are most likely to review are not given the same authority despite us knowing far more about the product than a new buyer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically you could buy the game, write a review, and then get a refund. Cheating a bit but so is the fact that backers opinions won’t count.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A followup on the emails:

We've sent out most of the Kickstarter backer emails (the few unsent ones have missing data and we'll need to email those people individually). If you backed us on Kickstarter, look for an email with the title "Project: Gorgon is now on Steam, and here's your Steam key!" It seems to be landing in the "promotions" tab in gmail. (We have no control over that.)

Indiegogo and Gorgon Shop purchasers will get their email in a day or two -- sorry for the delay, we're trying to get all the details perfect. (These people will need to reply to our email and tell us their alpha account name so we can make sure they get their other rewards... and we want to make sure that process is going to be smooth.)

Can we buy the game and then still link the code they send us to steam... That way I can still write a review
    You definitely can, although as Marlevvl mentioned, that means you'll end up having two accounts! And for the record, the order won't matter: you could buy the game now and link it to your account, then use the key we email you with a brand new account, if you wanted. Or vice versa.

Perhaps the developers would consider adding "hidden" Steam packages for those of us who would purchase the game on Steam to leave a properly weighed review?
    While I really appreciate the thought, Steam's rules now prohibit us from offering "anything" in exchange for a Steam review. And they can get pretty snippy about that stuff, so best not to risk it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    Technically you could buy the game, write a review, and then get a refund. Cheating a bit but so is the fact that backers opinions won’t count.
    If you purchase, review, then get a refund, your review will be removed from the store's page.

Thanks for the update Citan. It's disappointing that they see that as an "exchange for a review" when it is not since I already left a review; I just want a properly weighted one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man, really sad to see the negatives on /r/mmorpg. Often from people who have put well over 50 hours into the game, but somehow that's not worth $30...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
    man, really sad to see the negatives on /r/mmorpg. Often from people who have put well over 50 hours into the game, but somehow that's not worth $30...
    Many modern MMO players are accustomed to a F2P model, so to charge some amount beyond ~$14.99 upfront is shocking to them. For those of us who are older and are aware that no F2P game really is free (with maybe one exception of PoE), spending ~$30 for a game with no subscription cost is a no brainer.

So, I imagine Citan and the others are aware of this and are probably catering the game to us anyways. I'm not sure, so I hesitate to speak for them. Hopefully their price point can be flexible in the future to spread awareness of the uniqueness of the game.
    Last edited by MarleVVLL; 03-13-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: two words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set up and paid for my mule accounts today, so yes np at all. And you have a storage mule. :P
    Last edited by lileth; 03-13-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleVVLL View Post
    Many modern MMO players are accustomed to a F2P model, so to charge some amount beyond ~$14.99 upfront is shocking to them. For those of us who are older and are aware that no F2P game really is free (with maybe one exception of PoE), spending ~$30 for a game with no subscription cost is a no brainer.
    Indeed.
    Being older.

Thread Footer