Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Option to show your Crafting Skills & Levels to other players

skill craft idea
    Last edited by chill; 04-19-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of being able to share level info a little easier, but it seems like it would be an unnecessarily lengthy tooltip menu. Players can just type their levels in chat when prompted at the moment, or you can advertise on your player vendor welcome message. I don't know that being able to inspect strangers would prompt anything more than a flurry of private messages a player might find annoying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    craft/skill
    Last edited by chill; 04-19-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, player self-reporting of level is a little unreliable.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post

Followup Suggestion #2: An option to flag yourself as a "Crafter available for services", or even a Player Title that says "Crafter for hire", so players know that crafting inquiries are welcome.

Step 1: See a person's title "Crafter for hire"
    Step 2: Click examine, view all of players Crafting skills and levels
    Step 3: Inquire accordingly
    I like this one a lot.

I think overall I'd prefer a more general system that would allow any type of skill to be shared. I'm thinking of a "yes/no" checkbox for each skill to display its level to other players, and maybe a maximum of 5 different skills can be shown at the same time to limit the size a bit. That way people could share their crafting skills or their current combat skill levels or brag about achieving 50 in Myconic or whatever else strikes their fancy.

I don't know if showing crafting skill levels in the tooltip would necessarily make it easier to find crafters. Just because someone's maxed in leatherworking doesn't mean that they have all the recipes - there's enchanted, max-enchanted, winter gear, bard armor, and different levels for all of it.

I do like the suggestion of a "Crafter for Hire" title or flag. Different skills could also have unique titles for maxing them (which means someone could only have a visible title of either "master tailor" or "master blacksmith" showing at the same time, so it would be less useful for someone who wants to advertise multiple crafting skills.)

I'd vaguely like to see some kind of searchable/sortable bulletin board in game where people could advertise their crafting services. Not sure if that would see enough use to justify the dev effort, though.

Thread Footer