Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, Taire here!

Hey all, I go by Taire 'round most of these MMOs (rhymes with bear) but my first character was Apollo the Archer on the Frostfell server of Asheron's Call. I discovered PG just a few hours ago via this article and at the mention of not one, but two, veterans of AC working on a new game I had to check it out.

After a few hours pouring through the wiki pages (and eventually finding my activation email in my spam folder) I've arrived here to introduce myself!
    (OMG this forum auto-saves. Brilliant!)

My first PC game, MMO, and love was Asheron's Call way back in the 2000-2001 era. I played, and met some lifelong friends, over the next handful of years before moving onto World of Warcraft for even longer. I haven't ever found a game that felt the same as AC--though I'm not sure it's even a fair fight--but I've since played many others trying to fill the void: The Sims Online, The Matrix Online, Guild Wars, Age of Conan, The Secret World, RIFT, ArcheAge, Black Desert Online, and maybe someday BLESS if that ever releases.

So now I'm very curious to log into PG and enjoy another world full of skills without classes, and quests without exclamation points!

Hope to see you all in-game soon and I just want to thank these Devs for taking on such an enormous task themselves, in order to give us lost souls a place to (Asheron's) call home again.

- Taire Bear

p.s. - Can we request more emoji? I love getting excessive with my emojis.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Taire, welcome to Project:Gorgon.

Hopefully PG will feel like home for you.

You could request more emojis, you might have better luck than me. I requested a :| over a year ago and there haven't been any addition to the emojis since the new forum opened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, thanks @ShieldBreaker. I'm looking forward to logging in for the first time tonight! And definitely more over the weekend.

I guess increased emoji is a low priority if it's been that long. Won't bother the Devs with it while they finish the game and your original request. I'll just have to design my posts to promote greater use of the few emoji we do have to choose from.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you do have those who don't like using emojis at all to balance. Apologies ^-^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true, @Crissa. In order to bring balance to the internet, there are those who do not understand the importance of emoji. They have every right to be wrong.
    But I see you've slipped very close in merely using old-school ASCII emoticons, better watch out or you'll accidentally plug in a more modern smiley. (^_-)

p.s. - I apologize for carrying on with this. Never expected to go off on an emojional tangent. Hi Crissa! Nice to meet you.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I do have to say my text-to-speech does the emojis better than emoticons ^-^ But it doesn't do inline images so well at all.
    Last edited by Crissa; 02-24-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Thread Footer