Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking of making a Guild for storage and kicks

Hi everyone

I only just joined a couple of days ago, but this is the sort of thing Ive been looking for since MMOs lost their soul. Just read that sentence with a tone of light humorous sarcasm.

Anyhoo, one of the first things I pondered upon entering Serbule's gates loaded with an overflowing inventory was forming a guild for myself as A) aforementioned inventory and the visage of the first storage chests being for guilds sparked a drive within me and B) I kinda want to be in my own guild as I am solo, unattached to groups of gamers upon said entry - and I find the concept of having a neutral sanctum of being in my own guild mentally comforting.

Beside which, I am THE GREAT SKEEVE and as such am not a joiner but rather an independent rogue with a reputation to maintain.

So, while it may take some doing to raise 10,000 councils before the bargain price goes poof like a derv released from its bottle - I do wanrt to make the attempt. I have a pig potion and a deer potion, and maybe someone rich might be looking for such, or I can just kill craploads of spiders until selling webbing gets me my tidy sum.

But a question I have is, of course - how much storage is provided by the chests in question? Not that I will be deterred from my goal but that I am curious. Since I will have to sell a lot of things to accumulate said funds I might want to include what Im getting in the planning.

Thanks in advance for any helpfulness,
    Skeeve (The Great)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning Great Skeeve

I can imagine that as a new player getting enough Storage unlocked can be a tough assignment. Especially since most new player have (like you) little money.

But before you choose for your own solo guild, I would like to ask if you have considered other options. I feel that, after choosing for a solo guild, and thus having that storage, you will likely feel 'locked' to your solo guild and never join a guild with other players. And the game really can be good fun to be played with other people. (And as a FYI , this comes from someone who plays solo 98% of the time).

So the other options.
    A. read the info on the wiki concerning Storage. Maybe you havent unlocked certain NPC storage yet.
    B. Make 1 or 2 secondary characters. Move them next to the 'account storage chest' next to Hulon. And use the chest to transfer items between characters on your account.

Kind regards Jack

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A guild starts with limited storage, additional storage has to be bought and it costs a LOT. The whole thing might be detrimental to your character development, you need the funds to train your skills. My recommendation is to stay guildless (to stay in character:P), focus as jackybah said on unlocking various storage spots (there are quite a few!) and build up your char. When you become truly great 10 k won't feel like that much of a spend.

At some point we will have housing and you can have your sanctum that way if you decide to join a guild or invite people to yours

PS It could be very fitting for a rogue to have hidden stashes so explore and find where you can stash your treasure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackybah View Post

So the other options.
    A. read the info on the wiki concerning Storage. Maybe you havent unlocked certain NPC storage yet.
    B. Make 1 or 2 secondary characters. Move them next to the 'account storage chest' next to Hulon. And use the chest to transfer items between characters on your account.

Kind regards Jack
    Thanks for the reply!

Of course, I'm not complaining, mind you. I like the challenge the limited storage brings, and how it forces you to have to think about what is actually valuable rather than have a bunch of wood chips and glued coins gathering dust forever, forgotten in their triviality.

But I didnt know about the account storage chest (indeed, I am not aware of a Monseuir Hulon either) so I will go and fetch said information as you suggested. Thanks for the helpfulness!

I've actually already managed to upgrade Josh or whatever his name is to "friendly" so I'm already on the whole upgrading thingy.

To me, the money seems rather easy to generate and forming a "Myth Inc" is rather core to me, though. However, maybe I will make an alt or two and give them the deer/pig juice and see what its like to level from the get-go as an animal.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgisnacht View Post
    However, maybe I will make an alt or two and give them the deer/pig juice and see what its like to level from the get-go as an animal.
    Now I have this lovely picture in my head of pig alts Guido and Nunzio standing guard next to the storage chest.

Whatever you decide, welcome to the game, and I hope you'll have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Now I have this lovely picture in my head of pig alts Guido and Nunzio standing guard next to the storage chest.

Whatever you decide, welcome to the game, and I hope you'll have fun!
    Thanks,

Though Im sort of a - whatdoyacallit - whimsy-prone type of person, so I ended up becoming entranced with one of my alts I made to be a mule as I came across a more organized play setup from my experiences while doing the "make a newbie and test the new stuff out" thing.

I'm not so sure Id be up for being THE GREAT SKEEVE anyway, as much as I loved those books. I mean, I even ran a free form RPG set in that universe in HS, one of my friends played a Perv and every time an NPC or player would call him a Pervert, he would of course correct them. Carried around an anvil welded to a chain and called it a flail. But Im not really a leader type due to the whole nonconformist issue. When Im in crowds, I tend to start figuring out the quickest exits and sizing up the more dangerous looking annoying people.

So, my new character is a purple Rakashasha named Katsuei (which is the orginal name of Katsup) who is unarmed/mentalism. Its a fun combo and I ran into someone in the crypt right after getting mentalism so I've actually got like the first 5 abilities already. If you see me, feel free to give a holla.

Thread Footer