Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: teleport
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

teleport

hello,

I am lost with the Skill Teleport.

for me it seems that almost all its skills just teleport you from any circle to your bound one...

-Recall Circle -> to your bound circle.
    -Recall Last Recall -> to your bound circle.
    -Recall Somewhere -> ... same
    -Recall Circle (Improvised) ??? I don't get it...

some help please.
    thank you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't really used any of these except Recall Circle but here's how i think it works:

- Recall Circle: this is the basic recall to your bound circle
    - Recall Circle (Improvised): a desperation tactic if you run out of amethysts.
    - Recall Last Recall: this is somewhat different. You recall to circle A. Then you walk to circle B and bind to circle B. Then you use Recall Last Recall to return to circle A. Basically this provides a way to go back and forth. (with just recall circle to travel back and forth btwn A and B you'd have to recall to A, walk to B, recall to A, walk to B...; with Recall Last Recall you can recall to A, walk to B, RLR to A, recall (normal) to B, saving you one instance of walking.... sorry for the convoluted explanation maybe someone else can explain it better)
    - Recall Somwhere: Not really sure how this works, but i guess if you recall to say two differnt spots, you'd have a 50% chance to go to the unbound one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    I haven't really used any of these except Recall Circle but here's how i think it works:

- Recall Circle: this is the basic recall to your bound circle
    - Recall Circle (Improvised): a desperation tactic if you run out of amethysts.
    - Recall Last Recall: this is somewhat different. You recall to circle A. Then you walk to circle B and bind to circle B. Then you use Recall Last Recall to return to circle A. Basically this provides a way to go back and forth. (with just recall circle to travel back and forth btwn A and B you'd have to recall to A, walk to B, recall to A, walk to B...; with Recall Last Recall you can recall to A, walk to B, RLR to A, recall (normal) to B, saving you one instance of walking.... sorry for the convoluted explanation maybe someone else can explain it better)
    - Recall Somwhere: Not really sure how this works, but i guess if you recall to say two differnt spots, you'd have a 50% chance to go to the unbound one.
    I've used teleportation a lot. Recall Circle is exactly as you've described. You need to have Amethyst in your bag to use the teleport and there is a 1/5 chance the Amethyst gets destroyed (though lately this seems to have increased unless RNG hates me). Recall Circle Improvised is exactly the same except the mats needed are different. You have to use a green gem (Aquamarine) and you have to have Fire Dust in your bag. Difference between these first two options is the Aquamarine will 100% be used for the teleport.

Recall Last Recall uses salt and Aquamarine. The gem only has 2/5 chance of being consumed. This usually takes you to your Bound Recall spot unless you've changed your Bound spot since your last teleport. In short, it will take you where you last recalled to. Recall Somewhere takes to a spot you've recalled to recently (it doesn't define what is recently). It uses salt and Amethyst with the gem having a 2/5 chance of being consumed.

In short, the teleportation skill gives you a lot of options of traveling to your destination based on what mats you have in your bag and what chances you are willing to take. I never used any of them except Recall Circle. I did that a ton. Now I have bound myself to Ilmari so I recall there. I use Recall Hearts Home to get to Kur. I use Return to Guild Hall to get to Rahu. I haven't figured out a way to teleport to Sun Vale or Elt yet...but I don't spend as much time on those two maps so teleporting there isn't as important.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    In short, the teleportation skill gives you a lot of options of traveling to your destination based on what mats you have in your bag and what chances you are willing to take. I never used any of them except Recall Circle. I did that a ton. Now I have bound myself to Ilmari so I recall there. I use Recall Hearts Home to get to Kur. I use Return to Guild Hall to get to Rahu. I haven't figured out a way to teleport to Sun Vale or Elt yet...but I don't spend as much time on those two maps so teleporting there isn't as important.
    Each region has at least one teleport pad and most have more than one on the main zone map. Large minizones often have at least one teleport pad (places like the myconian caves).

We get two recipes to bind to a particular teleport pad and return to that pad. The other recipes are fiddly or just another way to spend materials other than amethyst to get back to your 'main' teleport. I find it all a waste of recipes for the skill.

Why, if I run out of amethysts, am I likely to be carrying fire salts and a stack of green gems? Why wouldn't I just carry *more* amethysts and save the other two bag slots? I see the point of the recipe if we had a lot of nice recipes that got us to different teleports, but not when we can only link and return to two.

Give us more teleport links, not more ways to get to the same teleport link.

Heart's Home is a great idea but a pain in the ass to shift. My character's Heart's Home is somehow Serbule and the Outlying areas. I don't teleport there. I've *always* used Enter the Light to get back to Serbule. I only started using the teleport skill after I moved on to Rahu. I've teleported to Rahu MANY MANY MANY MANY times but whatever secret counter is glitched on my character, her Heart's Home stays stuck on Serbule. I've burned piles of amethyst looping Recall Circle to the Rahu teleport pad and it's still stuck.

I don't have a Return to Guild Hall teleport skill. I'm in a guild. Do I have to do something special to get it? Is it something I get for doing guild quests?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    I don't have a Return to Guild Hall teleport skill. I'm in a guild. Do I have to do something special to get it? Is it something I get for doing guild quests?
    Costs 100 Guild credits (according to the wiki). Guild credits are earned by doing Guild quests.
    For reference you could get 33 Enhanced pineal juices for those credits... worth nearly 14k councils!

I'm hoping the wiki is out of date on this one... i'll check after i finish this hangout.

Edit: That price of 100 Guild credits appears to be for learning the recipe (mine just says not enough credits, but it's the recipe in the list of things you can purchase). Using the ability costs a more reasonable 2 credits.
    Last edited by alleryn; 02-27-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Thread Footer