Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Axe? Axe. Axes?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Axe? Axe. Axes?

Just playing around with some ideas, figured I'd see what I could come up with for an axe-based skill.

Feel free to throw ideas out there, this thread is mostly just for fun.

Basic Attack: Lacerate
    - Deals [minor] damage, and applies a stack of bleeding on your opponent. This effect stacks 3 times.
    - Triggers a combat refresh.

Mods:
    - Lacerate stacks only stack twice, but are twice as powerful.
    - Lacerate bleed damage heals the player.
    - Raw damage is increased.
    - Now causes additional damage to foes permanently immune to bleed instead of causing them to bleed.

Leg Sweep
    - Deals [moderate] damage and slows your opponent's movement speed by 33% for 6 seconds.
    - 6 second CD.

Mods:
    - Raw damage increased.
    - Deals additional damage based on laceration stacks.
    - Slow lasts for longer.
    - Slow slows for more.

Pommel Strike
    - Deals [minor] damage and stuns your opponent for 3 seconds.
    - 15 second CD.

Mods:
    - Reduced cooldown, reduced damage.
    - Increased cooldown, increased damage, longer stun duration.
    - Disables evasion for a duration after stunning them.
    - Increases raw damage
    - Causes the ability to be AoE.

Naturally I've got a bunch more ideas, but I'm interested to see what skills others come up with.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about instead of lacerate, which reminds me of bleeds that are what knife attacks use, we have something like 'Berserking.'

Berserking: Each successive attack of Berserking on your target reduces the cooldown time on your other Axe abilities by 0.5 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. This is reset if you attack a new target or the current target dies. (So at max all attacks would take 2 seconds less to reset when on cooldown so long as the same current target is engaged/alive, AoE attacks would reset this.)

You could tweak the buff and considering Citan wants fights that aren't boss related to only last ~ 15 seconds.. berserking and axe users might then only really be at their maximum against bosses, unless the group monster content changes then axe users could be strong against elite/group mobs and bosses.

/shrug.... just throwing out something crazy with a different playstyle :< So I guess axe users would be great single target dps but not as effective AoE wise because they can ramp up damage high on single targets but not get that same ramp up effect when AoEing...
    Last edited by Aionlasting; 03-30-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Berserking: Each successive attack of Berserking on your target reduces the cooldown time on your other Axe abilities by 0.5 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. This is reset if you attack a new target or the current target dies. (So at max all attacks would take 2 seconds less to reset when on cooldown so long as the same current target is engaged/alive, AoE attacks would reset this.)
    That's actually a pretty interesting and workable concept - though I wonder how well the game would support constantly tweaking cooldowns - we know it's possible so far.

Would definitely support seeing this sort of gameplay, though.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, glad you like the idea. Here's another crazy idea.

We could have an ability like

Hemmorage - Deal +x (less damage than other class direct damage abilities due to the debuff this applies) Damage to monster.
    - Debuff: Monster also takes 0.5% of its total hp as damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. This effect stacks with other Axe skills that cause % damage over time.

So again reinforcing that strength against big hp target mobs but not so much a benefit against lower hp monsters or solo monsters because of that weaker initial damage the ability does.
    /shrug just another idea :P

Thread Footer