Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please clarify Beta/Launch for us

I hope this has not been addressed elsewhere, but I keep reading really conflicting stuff in game about what is being wiped. The idea of having my skills wiped after reading that they "won't wipe characters" seems contradictory. You are free to do what you want with your game but I certainly won't be playing a game at launch if I grind like crazy to test skills for you and am then asked to do it all again. I don't mind getting all items, favor, etc. wiped but I won't be releveling stuff like cheesemaking. I know I am not alone in this, but the uncertainty is affecting a lot of us and are desire to commit to the game or not. For example, I want to do more work with each trade skill item and give feedback but I won't be grinding out every recipe just to lose it all. Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Maybe this will sound less demanding and more to the point: You want feedback on these trade skills during alpha/beta, has anyone on the development end actually leveled cheesemaking legitimately? It's sheer masochism with zero xp buff, then its wiped? If you want to wipe trade skills please buff xp on trade skills so we can test them without grinding for weeks (for reference I have basically every trade skill maxed so this would not help me, but help get more feedback)?
    Last edited by Arundel; 07-17-2017 at 05:47 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We are wiping items and probably NPC favor levels, possibly favor-quests... the exact list hasn't been decided. But what we have always said would NOT be wiped is skills. Your skill levels will continue into the live game. People who say otherwise are trolling you or are very confused.

(Edit: and we're not wiping things at Beta, only at launch. Beta will start when the game is on Steam Early Access -- relatively soon. Launch is when the game is out of early access -- probably late 2018.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the response. The information you gave I think has been consistent, and I had asked around and heard this before. I am newer to the Alpha (played since May 2017) so it was harder for me to follow the discussion. I think some people were just confused and uncertain, and this clears it up. It also makes me feel a bit less crazy for grinding through cheesemaking to test it all. :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get this pinned so it doesn't sink to the bottom of the pile and then have someone else ask the same thing in a few months? XD

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luconis View Post
    Can we get this pinned so it doesn't sink to the bottom of the pile and then have someone else ask the same thing in a few months? XD
    We have the answer in the FAQ, for those interested in checking it out. We will be filling out the FAQ more as we move closer to beta and then onto launch.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    We have the answer in the FAQ, for those interested in checking it out. We will be filling out the FAQ more as we move closer to beta and then onto launch.
    There is a short entry in the FAQ about this question indeed, but it doesn't say anything about favor. As far as I know this is the first time we have a statement on this particular issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please add lots of pigs for launch day !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it is, the current FAQ appears to be a bit of a pain to navigate. It looks like answers to questions are on individual pages, which will make reading it in a timely manner somewhat difficult.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for not knowing this information was available. It surely can't be something that most know about as the discussions I have seen about launch and what has been specified have been widely debated and there is a lot of confusion (hence why I made this post). I think it would be good to sticky it in the forums as well. After your reply Citan several people in game told me they were happy to get the clarification, including veterans of the alpha, so it can't be that much of common knowledge. Still I appreciate that the information was already out there and wish I had known.

Thread Footer