Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    Things I know about Gorgon Dwarves, in no particular order.

Dwarves are capable of magic, seen in Preservation Runes. Dwarves do not use lunar magic. Dwarves created leather-evaporation magic. Dwarves are known for brewing alcohol. Dwarves are robust and flammable. Dwarven bows have terrible range. Aufghel is a Dwarven City. There is a Naturalist Society in Aufghel, dedicated to investigating nature. Mt. Aufghel is a mountain said to contain a great Dwarven treasure. Borghild was once rumored to contain a method to reach Mt. Aufghel. Dwarves have an affinity with the gods Ormorek and Vol. Dwarven marriages are often predetermined through contracts between families. An engagement often lasts twenty years. Dwarves use their last names in public. There was a series of Elf-Dwarf wars in the past. Some Dwarves are artists or poets.
    I'm intrigued about the "flammable" comment, which leads me to wonder if they're *more* flammable than the other races....

Quote Originally Posted by Luconis View Post
    I've also noticed that the Gazluk Orcs and the Elves have stolen Dwarven technology as their own (The first sign next to the small hand ballista in Gazluk keep and a note found in Eltibule Keep about Elven armor and/or weaponry (I don't fully remember what the note said beyond "copy and innovate" as it was a while ago that I read that note))
    Scurrilous lies told by jealous dwarves who don't understand the meaning of phrases like "simultaneous invention" and "multiple discovery". That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post

Scurrilous lies told by jealous dwarves who don't understand the meaning of phrases like "simultaneous invention" and "multiple discovery". That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
    XD sure, sure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XD sure, sure
    There's no karma/voting here, but I was thinking of it, @Luconis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    I'm intrigued about the "flammable" comment, which leads me to wonder if they're *more* flammable than the other races....
    Hundred-year-old beard hair goes up like kindling!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Hundred-year-old beard hair goes up like kindling!
    Do they wax or pomade their beards?

Are they Dapper Dan men?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Found more dwarf info, pulled from the KS page.

"
    The Dwarves are stout, dour subterranean people and Kickstarter Backers will have exclusive access to them during the alpha and beta period! Kickstarter backers below the Patron level will be able to unlock the Dwarven class through in-game objectives, while those at or above the Patron level will have them automatically unlocked once available.

The personality of Dwarves varies greatly as some are introverts, some can be a bore, and some are precision craftsmen, while others solely decide to rely on their exceptional strength. There is one thing they all have in common, they love the underground and it’s the only place they truly feel at home.

Dwarven players will be able to unlock the secrets of the ancient race, they include:

The ability to track your position underground,
    Spells that let you hide in stone momentarily,
    A combat stance that makes you unmovable,
    Long-forgotten weapon-crafting techniques.

These secrets come with a dark side, however, for their patron god Ormorek is also the god of bitterness, self-doubt, and lost innocence. In ages past, Dwarves were their own worst enemies, and players who unearth these ancient techniques will have to battle with ancient foes -- both within and without.
    "

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1414421509 Fingers crossed they add saddles for player animals.

Glad to see that there was a bit about dwarves in the change notes.
    Last edited by Luconis; 07-15-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1414421509 Fingers crossed they add saddles for player animals.

Glad to see that there was a bit about dwarves in the change notes.
    IIRC there are plans to allow animal players give ride to others. I REALLY hope thsiw ill be implemented.

Thread Footer