Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Dwarven Culture (Warning strong language)

This game seriously needs to add a massive dwarven city to this game in a cold snowy zone full of warm fires, massive halls full of grog, and food, and music, and comical sized weapons, and massive forges, and have a magic quarter full of sigil scripters and rune magic and golems, and have a military area where they teach you high level hammer and sword and shield and other weapon skills. and council storage and a massive mine nearby and possibly have a fossilized dragon display, and then have people who teach you how to better do phrenology. And the should be banners and picture on the walls that give lore and a leader call "HjolBeard the Bearded-beard"

and lots and lots of racism to elves so i can make a dwarf and call it urist and yell "ALRIGHT LISTEN TO ME YOU POLE-PROPORTIONED DENDROPHILES! If you try doing nasty in that back alley over there, I'm gonna take yer' fucking arrows and shove em between yer' perfectly polished figure nails. Im gonna take that bowstring of yours and string you up by yer' fucking foreskins till gravity gives yer' a botched circumscription and play it like a fucking violin, Im gonna headbutt yer' till there is nothing but a butt left. I'm gonna colour that little pansy green shirt of yours red, USING YER' FUCKING BONE MARROW. Ye better belive yer' gonna wish you were never born, because I'm gonna make it seem like you never were. Ye atrocious fucking boil on the face of reality, I WILL..."

*starts foaming from the mouth in a lunatic style rant about dwarves*

(Source of rant)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC-ZanQjHXM
    (Another rant if you find this stuff funny)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvJsG4F2Img

But seriously I cant wait till dwarves become a playable race. Keep up with the good work PG Devs, really loving it so far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lay off the Bounceweed maybe?

/shrug

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually kinda funny. Like every other Dwarf in Warhammer or WoW, but funny ^-^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ANT3RA View Post
    Lay off the Bounceweed maybe?

/shrug
    I told you not to tell people about that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should Gorgon dwarves be like Tolkien dwarves?

Why not make them desert dwellers or semi-aquatic or something? Or dirty and brutish, since that's usually the description of goblins but the Gorgon goblins are intelligent and a bit reminiscent of traditional dwarves?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are plans for dwarves. <ominous and/or wise old-timer voice, your choice>

Mind you, I have no idea what they are, but there are ... plans. (Okay, that one was ominous.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things I know about Gorgon Dwarves, in no particular order.

Dwarves are capable of magic, seen in Preservation Runes. Dwarves do not use lunar magic. Dwarves created leather-evaporation magic. Dwarves are known for brewing alcohol. Dwarves are robust and flammable. Dwarven bows have terrible range. Aufghel is a Dwarven City. There is a Naturalist Society in Aufghel, dedicated to investigating nature. Mt. Aufghel is a mountain said to contain a great Dwarven treasure. Borghild was once rumored to contain a method to reach Mt. Aufghel. Dwarves have an affinity with the gods Ormorek and Vol. Dwarven marriages are often predetermined through contracts between families. An engagement often lasts twenty years. Dwarves use their last names in public. There was a series of Elf-Dwarf wars in the past. Some Dwarves are artists or poets.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    BetaNotus isn't there stuff about Dwarves doing construction work as well? Also stuff about them harnessing electricity? They also use Hammers or Axe in battle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    Why should Gorgon dwarves be like Tolkien dwarves?

Why not make them desert dwellers or semi-aquatic or something? Or dirty and brutish, since that's usually the description of goblins but the Gorgon goblins are intelligent and a bit reminiscent of traditional dwarves?
    Because In My opinion Tolkien Dwarves are the best dwarves? To be honest, just so long as they keep the comical aspect of Dwarves similar to that of Tolkien I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Luconis; 04-17-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    Things I know about Gorgon Dwarves, in no particular order.

Dwarves are capable of magic, seen in Preservation Runes. Dwarves do not use lunar magic. Dwarves created leather-evaporation magic. Dwarves are known for brewing alcohol. Dwarves are robust and flammable. Dwarven bows have terrible range. Aufghel is a Dwarven City. There is a Naturalist Society in Aufghel, dedicated to investigating nature. Mt. Aufghel is a mountain said to contain a great Dwarven treasure. Borghild was once rumored to contain a method to reach Mt. Aufghel. Dwarves have an affinity with the gods Ormorek and Vol. Dwarven marriages are often predetermined through contracts between families. An engagement often lasts twenty years. Dwarves use their last names in public. There was a series of Elf-Dwarf wars in the past. Some Dwarves are artists or poets.
    I've also noticed that the Gazluk Orcs and the Elves have stolen Dwarven technology as their own (The first sign next to the small hand ballista in Gazluk keep and a note found in Eltibule Keep about Elven armor and/or weaponry (I don't fully remember what the note said beyond "copy and innovate" as it was a while ago that I read that note))
    Last edited by Luconis; 04-17-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Thread Footer