Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saddles for Player Animals

Blacksmiths can make shoes for animals and Toolcrafters can make Arachnid Harness so why not add saddles as a craftable item for Leatherworkers?

=== How I came up with the idea ===
    So recently me and my friend were running around when he had to go AFK. He was relatively new to the game so rather then run off and leave him by himself I stood there and waited for him to return. Now it is important to note that he made his character look as close as he could to a viking (he had a ponytail and a beard). While i was standing there I looked at myself (as a Lycan) and thought "hmm, lycans are massive when stood beside humans, I could probably carry him around super easily with how damn big i am'. that's when it struck me, SADDLES! He could a be an axe wielding viking riding a dire wolf.

=== Saddles for all ===
    The saddle would not only be limited to Lycans (obviously) but rather to all animal players due to the fact that the size of most of us are of a reasonable size to carry a human. I.e Pigs (Hog Rider, clash of clans), cows (as silly as it would look), Bats (think bat-rider from DoTA 2), Deer (Perfect to fit the theme for druids), Lycan (Dire-wolves from LoTR) and spiders (Not to sure about how spiders would work or look to be honest).

I imagine it would probably be hell to code it but if a dev does happen past this please have a think about it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wll, boy i have some good news for you - what you are talkign about is actualy planned feature. It was mentioned a while (few months) ago that animal form players will be able to acts as mounts form humanoid players.

Tough there is no ETA on when it will be added.

Also there is currently no axes in game. Tough they will be at some point.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If spiders can be ridden as well, then I think at their current size they would need to be ridden like a skateboard or surf board. So the player would be standing upright on top of them. If the riding player had a rein they could be holding that would be interesting and if done right would look like the rein was helping them stabilize their position. There are at least a few examples of spiders as mounts in pop culture, i.e. Spider Riders cartoon. But in those cases the spiders are much larger and are ridden in the seated position.

Interesting, I thought this post would be about saddle bags, another already planned item for the game. It might make sense if animals could carry around more stuff as well. I can see it now, I'll turn into a deer, get a saddle bags, load it, never unload it long enough to turn human again, and will help new players by carrying them to Tapestry Inn and Azalak's house.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luconis View Post
    ... cows (as silly as it would look) ...
    Silly? Decide for yourself : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ove-graze.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I was thinking that it would funny having someone riding an armored cow.

Thread Footer