Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healing/Broken Bones alternative thoughts

I really enjoy the effects such as broken bones it does add an interesting twist to the game and definitely adds a challenge. My issue with this however is recovering from broken bones. I was recently in a group and we ended up with MANY broken bones, and even while attempting to keep up with healing them while we were questing we still collectively had around 200 broken bones in a group of about 5 people by the time we had accomplished our. While we were questing it was interesting to see how a group of strong warriors ended up mewling like kittens. The affliction certainly made for interesting conversation while we attempted to complete our goal. I would never want to see a change to this effect while we were inside our quest location. I am cool with being able to heal bones one or two at a time while in the quest location, but when I finish the quest and I'm ready to try and do something else healing SO MANY broken bones one by one is very tedious. I have been thinking of alternative ways that might make healing broken bones or similar afflictions AFTER a quest/hunting/while in town more efficient.

Option 1: Having a device in town (ie: medication table) that when used might allow a person to heal up to 5 appropriate skill level afflictions at once using one healing kit. This would keep the challenge that rises from afflictions while questing intact, while making down time and recovery much more tolerable. The use of a healing device in town could even open up a subcategory of skills that might allow a person some resistance to certain categories of afflictions. For example, a subcategory that could arise from healing a trauma affliction like broken bones could at higher make a person 10-25% less likely to obtain the a trauma affliction or maybe reduce the overall effect of the affliction (ie: broken bones causing skills to cost +0.5 power instead of +1. Subcategories of healing and resistance could include things such as; first aid for trauma injuries, first aid for parasitic infestations, first aid for diseases, etc. This could open some addition recipes that could exclusively be used at an in town healing device.

Option 2: Make an NPC available (ie: Marna) who can cure high level afflictions at cost per effect. Even if this NPC was located in a higher level area or some obscure location it might still be worthwhile for a person with 30+ broken bones to go and get healed.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the game and excited to see where each new update takes me, I just figured I would share a view point and offer a couple alternative solutions to it. Thank you!
    -Laraj
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your suggestions are quite good! May I expand on all of the options just to make sure your group and you have discovered them all? Please understand, my intention is not to be condescending, just helpful.

# 1) Treat Disease 3 - (can be used on yourself or others) Consumes an Expert First Aid Kit or greater.
    # 2) Tundra Lichen - alternative broken bone healing. Functions the same way as Treat Disease 3. shares its cooldown, I believe. Can be learned from the Oracle in Yeti Cave. Everyone needs this
    # 3) Mutation: Stretchy Spine - Battle Chemistry skill. Occasionally heals broken bones automatically while the buff is applied. Can be enhanced to increase efficacy through gear mods.

None are a perfect cure, but they're all progressive cures. I had ~25 broken bones last night and they were cured in about 10 minutes after the run was over, without the help of others.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's worth considering how rage works as well.

A fair while ago, if you were careful you could run through Winter Nexus with 2 people and not get a single broken bone, but when you throw 5+ people in a group, especially with people running fire magic and the like, rage attacks are inevitable - even for builds that actively try to reduce rage.

Similarly, the deer boss is difficult to kill because of the rage attack triggering unreasonably quickly.

Maybe some cap on how quickly certain monsters can gain rage would be useful, I'm not entirely sure, but it's worth considering how rage factors into things like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    # 3) Mutation: Stretchy Spine - Battle Chemistry skill. Occasionally heals broken bones automatically while the buff is applied. Can be enhanced to increase efficacy through gear mods.
    Ugh how did i not know this before???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxlazr View Post
    I think it's worth considering how rage works as well.

A fair while ago, if you were careful you could run through Winter Nexus with 2 people and not get a single broken bone, but when you throw 5+ people in a group, especially with people running fire magic and the like, rage attacks are inevitable - even for builds that actively try to reduce rage.

Similarly, the deer boss is difficult to kill because of the rage attack triggering unreasonably quickly.

Maybe some cap on how quickly certain monsters can gain rage would be useful, I'm not entirely sure, but it's worth considering how rage factors into things like this.

I just assumed managing rage is like managing aggro. Don't just blast away, you have to choose your ability use and help keep it down.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rage is like this: when a mob attacks you or you attack it, each attack generates a bit. When the mob's meter is full, they use their Rage attack. If no one in the party uses rage reduction, the mob will be able to use its Rage attack very often. Bears are great to practice against. "Raid builds" of certain skills would be built to cause as much rage reduction on ability use as possible across every member of the raid.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if something is off, but I've noticed that my rage reducing attacks (I have 2 of them) doesn't seem to lower Rage once all of the mobs armor is gone. I'm sure that is a bug and I should report it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Rage is like this: when a mob attacks you or you attack it, each attack generates a bit. When the mob's meter is full, they use their Rage attack. If no one in the party uses rage reduction, the mob will be able to use its Rage attack very often. Bears are great to practice against. "Raid builds" of certain skills would be built to cause as much rage reduction on ability use as possible across every member of the raid.
    Yeah, that's why I assumed that rage management was an integral part of player skill. I was responding to Oxlazr, as I thought he was saying it was a mechanic that needed "fixing". I still haven't hit the high end zones so maybe it's different there, but my husband and I have been doing fine with things so far as we manage rage the way we generally manage aggro in games so most of the time enemies never get rage enough to use their skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Hood regarding Bears. Bears are great to practice rage management with because they have an extremely powerful rage attack. I can almost 2 shot bears I'm farming but if they get a rage attack off, I lose at least half my health bar. It's as though their rage attack ignores armor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your feed back. I will certainly pay closer attention to mob rage.
    -Laraj

Thread Footer