Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Blurry screen?
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blurry screen?

Ever since the Serbule graphics update, I've had blurry screens in Serbule under some graphics settings. So, since I was taking pictures today, I thought I might as well do a picture of my blur and see if anyone has any ideas. Here's what my screen currently looks like on Beautiful at 1900x1200 (giant picture hidden by spoiler text):

Spoiler Spoiler:

The blur effect is far more pronounced when I move, but also present when standing still. I just wiped out my GorgonConfig.txt - the only changes I'd made to the default settings are adding fps, switching screen to full screen and setting graphics quality to Beautiful. The blur is also present on Fantastic, but since I was getting some pretty crappy fps there, I decided to switch to Beautiful for my screenshot.

I am on Linux.

Bizarrely, my screen now looks blurry on Beautiful + Fantastic, and decent at Good and lower settings. In the old UI, with my old config file, it was the opposite - my screen was blurry on settings lower than good and non-blurry on Good-Fantastic. I'd played around with the anti-aliasing options at that time but it didn't help. I don't even see an anti-aliasing option on the new UI.

So, does anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue and I'm on Linux too. Not sure tho if it's related to OS however. I turned my graphics down to Good and turned off Bloom and Brighter World to reduce the glare and blur problem

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I turned off Brighter world too, I had the same problem in serb after the big serb revamp (on windows not linux)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooo, some sort of glow/bloom effect is being layered in.

Neat.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked last night, and both bloom and and brighter world were turned off for me. (Although my world is still currently bright as day during the night because of the new UI.)

@Crissa - thanks for giving me a name to call that blurry thingie! Graphics are not precisely my area of expertise. I tried turning on bloom, and my screen then looks remarkably like my initial screenshot here, even at lower graphics settings. So, if you like that look, you could definitely turn it on for yourself. It is pretty, it just also makes me feel rather dizzy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see it's not just me. I ended up with settings just like Hood's.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'm running on lowest and I've been having trouble figuring out how to make Serbule seem less bright.

Everything is lit like crazy, I can barely tell when it's night.

Thread Footer