Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageJavelins View Post
    I slapped v0.1.1 onto my server and set up some links, so now it's available as a live script for all at:

dragonmoonclan.com/phase
    Thank you, that looks super-helpful!

I was aware of Niph's version but never quite wanted to go to the effort of trying to make it work under Linux. Having a web site is perfect for me. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageJavelins View Post
    @Niph I need to consult you on doing the heavier math in order to calculate the moon phase better at some point. I was looking at your algorithm and I think that's probably within my grasp.
    Don't worry about that, my formula is also wrong. I tried several, and I'm pretty sure Citan uses some custom code (that I have no intention of figuring out). Until we are given the formula, just being off by one day from time to time is probably acceptable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Don't worry about that, my formula is also wrong. I tried several, and I'm pretty sure Citan uses some custom code (that I have no intention of figuring out). Until we are given the formula, just being off by one day from time to time is probably acceptable.
    Oh damn... Well, it can't be too hard to figure out with a proper library I guess. The only thing is there was one phase I remember being WAAAY too long for some unknown reason (perhaps a correction?). Might have been the waning crescent, I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Thank you, that looks super-helpful!

I was aware of Niph's version but never quite wanted to go to the effort of trying to make it work under Linux. Having a web site is perfect for me. Thanks!!
    You're very welcome!
    🗡️Sharp knives🗡️ and 💔hurtful words💔
    YouTube: insult&stab
    Twitch: sausagejavelins

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @SausageJavelins Is this project still going? dragonmoonclan.com seems to be refusing my connection (could be something on my end?).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    @SausageJavelins Is this project still going? dragonmoonclan.com seems to be refusing my connection (could be something on my end?).
    You can get to it with https://dragonmoonclan.com/phase . It currently seems to be perma-stuck on the new moon but you can still manually change phases and try out different box growing speeds which is pretty fun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    You can get to it with https://dragonmoonclan.com/phase . It currently seems to be perma-stuck on the new moon but you can still manually change phases and try out different box growing speeds which is pretty fun.
    Thanks! It is loading fine now. I'm not sure why i wasn't able to connect the other day.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Thanks! It is loading fine now. I'm not sure why i wasn't able to connect the other day.
    If you just enter dragonmoonclan.com/phase , it tries to make an http connection, so http://dragonmoonclan.com/phase . That one is still giving me a connection refused, it's only the https connection that works for me. Just a server setup thingie to refuse http connections, I assume.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the necrobump!

I have been rather busy and have not fixed the bug with the site nor developed Phase Pharmer much. I switched over to a secure connection, hence why HTTP does not work, only HTTPS. The server is prone to not responding sometimes and requiring a periodic restart. If the site doesn't work, simply try again later.

You can also download the site and just run a local copy, btw. It's only a JavaScript file on a webpage that runs in the browser.

If I find some time (and energy) to address these issues I definitely will.
    🗡️Sharp knives🗡️ and 💔hurtful words💔
    YouTube: insult&stab
    Twitch: sausagejavelins

Thread Footer