Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I don't remember where I got enchanted Holly seeds specifically, but I am pretty sure they weren't dropped. I'm almost positive they were given as a reward, like a quest or hanging out. I remember receiving them and being like damn, can't wait til I can plant the--oh. Then I stuck them in storage and forgot about them until literally right now lol. I could totally be wrong tho and they dropped from a boss or something that I forgot. Point is, I've never come across them again.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a great time with the quest. I thought the race aspect of it really motivated me to get off my butt and do it right away and I enjoyed the competition aspect of it despite logging in almost 8 hours after it started. The holistic wellness exp was great and I felt the rewards were worth it especially at the chance of earning level 75 yellow gear. It was also fun for me racing to find those items, you can't really put a cost on fun right? haha. The competition aspect was a nice change from the norm. Even though I didn't actually receive yellow this time around, I did in the previous event.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having an event to do is nice.... and I want to say thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    I agree, the "Race" aspect really turned me off from it. When I logged in and heard about the event for the first time, 27 out of 30 of the rewards were already taken. At that point I just decided to not even bother because I didn't want to go to the trouble of doing the event and then potentially being number 31+ and wasting my time. If the rewards were really good/unique it would just make a lot of people upset.
    This echoes my feelings exactly.

Moreover I will add what someone else said about this scavenger hunt:

"It is laughable to have a scavenger hunt containing valuable items that older/wealthier/hoard minded players will have in their inventory".

I know for example of someone who had 99% of the items on the list in their bank. You can solve that by either making the required drops be completely worthless drops that nobody saves for anything (pottery shards and other junk items), have the event drop all new limited time items, or have the hunt be for things like the eggs from a previous event.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really surprised nobody caught the easy holly seed score that was sitting right under everyone's noses.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ways to get Enchanted Holly Seeds
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    I'm really surprised nobody caught the easy holly seed score that was sitting right under everyone's noses.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I know you should know that better than I, but I thought I killed him several times in the past without getting seeds? My very fuzzy memory is that I was trying to get seeds for favor gifts and when I tried to actually farm them, they turned out to be much more difficult to get reliably than I'd imagined.

Also, a single mob with a respawn timer isn't necessarily easy - I still remember the Mr Squeaky conga line at the beginning of the Ri-shin festival when everyone wanted to get his drop. Sure, eventually everyone got the drop, but if it had been a race things could have gotten a bit heated.

( I didn't participate in the scavenger hunt but holly seeds are a very important topic, so I had to jump in. )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I know you should know that better than I, but I thought I killed him several times in the past without getting seeds? My very fuzzy memory is that I was trying to get seeds for favor gifts and when I tried to actually farm them, they turned out to be much more difficult to get reliably than I'd imagined.

Also, a single mob with a respawn timer isn't necessarily easy - I still remember the Mr Squeaky conga line at the beginning of the Ri-shin festival when everyone wanted to get his drop. Sure, eventually everyone got the drop, but if it had been a race things could have gotten a bit heated.

( I didn't participate in the scavenger hunt but holly seeds are a very important topic, so I had to jump in. )
    To be clear - the seeds drop in the chest that you open with the key that he drops...not directly from the mob. There were a few options to get the seeds, but I saw Tyxr as the "low hanging fruit" of those options.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyxr's chest does not give you a seed every time, most people would never know unless they killed him multiple times..and why would you. ( I knew though).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    To be clear - the seeds drop in the chest that you open with the key that he drops...not directly from the mob.
    Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. The chest would have been my top pick for the seeds, too, except I don't think it's a guaranteed loot for it, just a fairly common one.

Also, after thinking about all the options Xaradas posted a bit more, I think holly seeds were actually a great scavenger hunt item. I like the barter option - it's not a barter I'd normally want to make but for a special event, sure... And Kur at least seems possible as an alternative too, if potentially time-consuming.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't participate in this event, but everyone should just be happy it didn't require enchanted mistletoe instead I suppose....

Thread Footer