Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: May 9, 2019

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...5677#post15677

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    Nooooo we hardly knew ye, infinite slime army!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    Nooooo we hardly knew ye, infinite slime army!
    Oh but they can combine now. I'm imagining a giant monster slime that will expand until it explodes the dungeon walls...

The other update changes look lovely - just what I wanted for more war cache fun!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had actually noticed with the word of power slime pets that when I got a third one, instead of spawning slime #3 it increased the hp/stats of slime #1 and #2 .

Can we possibly get a passive ability added to the archery level-up tree : +1 inventory while archery skill is active, for every 10th level of the skill? This would fix the whole bullshit penalty of losing inventory space, which is more precious then gold in this game. Chance for arrow not to be consumed would also beat the shit out of chance for arrows to be lootable on corpse, we know that tech exists because other items have a chance to not be consumed already.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with that is that I could just swap to archery and gain +10 inventory slots at level 100. People would just level archery to have an emergency inventory overflow. I have always heard that archery kinda gets a pass on being slightly maybe too strong because it costs resources to use (unlike most everything else) and requires inventory space. If you want to remove one of those locks then maybe it needs to get nerfed a bit to balance?

I have heard a few people talking that high rage causing skills like hammer , fire, and battlechemistry all got a little nerfed this patch with the rage mechanic changes.

In the case of fire it has no mods for +dmg that cause no rage. Maybe the extra rage limit is no longer justified as fire/burning already generates extra rage. Maybe some of the ice magic skills in fire could have some modifiers to them to make them more appealing? Maybe have some of those spells remove rage instead of generate it as an added effect to an existing mod (Scintillating Flame/Frost on chest for example.)
    Last edited by Golliathe; 05-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    The problem with that is that I could just swap to archery and gain +10 inventory slots at level 100. People would just level archery to have an emergency inventory overflow. I have always heard that archery kinda gets a pass on being slightly maybe too strong because it costs resources to use (unlike most everything else) and requires inventory space. If you want to remove one of those locks then maybe it needs to get nerfed a bit to balance?

I have heard a few people talking that high rage causing skills like hammer , fire, and battlechemistry all got a little nerfed this patch with the rage mechanic changes.

In the case of fire it has no mods for +dmg that cause no rage. Maybe the extra rage limit is no longer justified as fire/burning already generates extra rage. Maybe some of the ice magic skills in fire could have some modifiers to them to make them more appealing? Maybe have some of those spells remove rage instead of generate it as an added effect to an existing mod (Scintillating Flame/Frost on chest for example.)
    Yea just swap to archery for 10 inventory at lvl 100, that assumes you leveled it to 100 and can still fight or travel without switching back out of the skill. Archery has been nerfed several times, to the point where it is not any better then any other skillset but still has several drawbacks. I'm not even using it nor do I plan on using it, but it would be a nice quality of life change for anyone that wanted to. Your point against it is basically 10 inventory slots, hey I can also carry a +62 pockets set for inventory overflow that I'd never ever fight wearing ( plus storage crates omg better nerf those). Every attack costs you money, you lose 5-10 inventory slots, fletching is annoying, people can steal your goddamn arrows off a mob's corpse.. this is just too much, throw them a bone and at least let them save the inventory space. A better solution would obviously be some sort of container that holds your arrows, but since it hasn't happened I have to imagine that's too problematic to code into the game, this seemed like a fair compromise.

Fire generating extra rage is literally the only drawback of the entire skillset, it has always been a powerful skill and remains so, but you have to pay the price of mobs unleashing their rage attacks on you sooner. I'm speaking as a person that is currently using fire and not archery, because fire essentially has no bullshit drawbacks attached to it, and is just as powerful if not more so. Btw all fire attacks of any kind originating from any skillset generate extra rage (or at least they are supposed to), being lit on fire would for sure piss me off, makes sense it pisses off monsters as well.

At this point I can't take you seriously about anything balance related until I know who you actually are in game, you keep saying "I hear / I heard" which tells me you don't actually know. A lot of your feedback just looks like you are getting random numbers off the wiki or even just making up numbers, as you can imagine that is not super helpful.

Some advice : Test things before you tell the devs how to balance them, don't just rely on hearsay or the wiki or made up statistics or the fact that you saw someone kill a mob 10x faster then you can kill it, and thus their skill must be broken.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lvl 50 archery side bar skill called quiver giving 5 inv slots for an hr would work.
    It would then have a cost to use (Lost side bar slot) if the Inv space is actually part of the balance of archer compared to other skills which I somewhat doubt.

Leveling a skill to 100 to just gain 10 slots seems a little excessive and frankly unlikely.

I do agree with regard to forum transparency, I feel I also tend to value the contribution of those who I recognize via there name more.
    There are exceptions of course when it's clear from the content that the player has the exp or knowledge to have formed the informative arguments they present.
    Of course anonymity is not an issue, but really personally I do prefer accountability over it in general.

Thread Footer