Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make mobs grey out, so they don't drop any loot to out levelled players. Make higher levels farm in the zones they are levelled to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there aren't enough mobs, add more area and more mobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about completing favour? Honestly that is part of the fun of the game . So I would not want to be locked out of going back and doing my favour.

I have never cleared an entire area out from under a newb, people just need to have manners (and I'm still a newb just meaning level wise)

One of the main features of this game is being able to work on favour at your leisure and go back and do it. I would not want to be prevented from going back and doing it.

Like I said hopefully people can get manners and not make it ugly for everyone else.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, certainly report anyone who doesn't respond's name using the bug feature. Griefing is a forever issue.

Secondly, if you were fighting the mobs, didn't you get the loot?

Thirdly... Well, why do femurs and dirt drop from those mobs? You can't use farming until you're off the island.

Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    Just make mobs grey out, so they don't drop any loot to out levelled players. Make higher levels farm in the zones they are levelled to.
    No. That can screw over players who are leveling and have equipment damage, someone who moved through content too slow, or someone whose skills are mismatched levels. Nothing worse than getting locked out of a quest chain because you went over a level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    There should be a skill restrictions when u get to island, basically you can't attack if any skills active are above a certain level, forcing you to use skills that are low level and put you almost at par with new characters on island.
    That's kind of a good idea; but right now that'll have to wait for the UI changes. Right now we have to change our user bars just to use mismatched skills, so it could be an extension of that. Gear would also have to be leveled down, though crafted/gold gear would still be better.
    Last edited by Crissa; 04-03-2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: updated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what greying out loot for over levelled characters has to do with hurting people with broken gear, that's a very rare occurrence and not fixed by farming the shit out of low level no challenge content. Also, pretty simple fix for quests, just make quest items always drop, just not loot.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    I don't see...
    Yes, I know that.

The thread has mentioned several things which lowbie loot is useful for. Unfinished favor, quest lines, lore, equipment, leveling new weapon or skill.

Even trading with lowbies is another.

Making a world in which high level players can and do and should interact with low level players seems to me a positive in an open world concept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post

Making a world in which high level players can and do and should interact with low level players seems to me a positive in an open world concept.
    Better that they interact by trading than steaming through dungeons generally making new players feel like quitting because, well - high level players steaming through dungeons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know that.

The thread has mentioned several things which lowbie loot is useful for. Unfinished favor, quest lines, lore, equipment, leveling new weapon or skill.

Even trading with lowbies is another.

Agree !!!!
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    One possible solution if this is the problem is to make the return trip cost increase exponentially based on the level of the players highest skill, So higher level players lose all incentive to go farming there.
    I'd like to see the price lowered for very low-level characters.

I did what I thought was all the content on the starter island and then found out I'd missed Psychology. The 300 councils to go back was actually very pricey for me and I had to sell everything I owned to get back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thirdly... Well, why do femurs and dirt drop from those mobs? You can't use farming until you're off the island.
    Isn't the dirt used in the Pick Me Up potion?

I can't think of a use for femurs on the island.

Thread Footer