Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: August 25, 2019

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...6360#post16360

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: We rolled out a fix for this problem this afternoon!

If you are having trouble with the terrain in Rahu - if a blue thing is popping up through the ground in some places as you move - don't panic! We are working on this right now. In the meantime, we have a work-around:

In Settings, under Graphics, at the very bottom of the list of regular settings is a toggle for "Show Advanced Options". Toggle "Enabled" on. This opens a long list of advanced settings that you can tweak. About halfway down the list is "Show Horizon Terrain". Toggle this setting on, and you will see a new toggle to Enable/Disable the horizon terrain. The default is "Enabled". Toggle that to "Disabled". You will no longer see distant horizon terrain - or the weird blue plane in Rahu.

We'll have a fix for this out as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Last edited by srand; 08-25-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under the changes to staff, it lists Blocking Stance as having changes, however the ability that was changed in game was Deflective Spin (Same description listed in the patch notes, just different ability name)

Beautiful new map! Thanks for taking your time to do it right.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fae realm has a low ceiling that restricts flight. Bug report already filed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why power increases had to change given increased cost to future abilities. It was a benefit to getting bonus levels ect. Are other skills filling this void now?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far am loving the new realm, especially not having to deal with the cold lol. Loved flying around with my bat taking some really cool screenshots, especially night time screen shots, even though you can not fly very high at all.

A group of us went down to GK to farm for favor items and power is such a crazy issue now. I guess once I unlocking higher levels of cheesemaking I can see what it is like then, But as far as now goes its really bad LOL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySusie View Post
    So far am loving the new realm, especially not having to deal with the cold lol. Loved flying around with my bat taking some really cool screenshots, especially night time screen shots, even though you can not fly very high at all.

A group of us went down to GK to farm for favor items and power is such a crazy issue now. I guess once I unlocking higher levels of cheesemaking I can see what it is like then, But as far as now goes its really bad LOL.
    That is what you get stuck with when I am doing home remodeling all day Sue, and you do not have me to be your battery. Just sayin'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySusie View Post
    I was already having power issues in certain builds... The reduction in overall power and the increase in power consumption is definitely a double whammy!
    Last edited by Daguin; 08-25-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the patch! It seems like the team was working super hard on it. The new map seems really crazy and interesting so far. The mobs are kinda crazy in some places, (Those droaches in particular are pretty nasty) but I'm looking forward to poking at all the level 80 content.

One thing that I think might be unintentional though... It seems that bonus levels actually count towards the new crafting EXP penalty. I had level 60 cooking (Which was max) and 7 bonus levels, for a total of level 67 in cooking. Now that I raised my cap, it seems that every recipe I can make that's level 57 and below has the exp penalty on it. I assume this is because it's 10 levels lower than my total level. I would suggest changing this so bonus levels don't count towards this penalty, otherwise players are actually penalized for getting bonus levels because it'll be harder to gain EXP! Right now my pool of non-penalized recipes is very small because of how it works currently and because I don't have the new cooking recipes, so it's a lot harder for me to gain non-penalized EXP where as if I had no bonus levels, it'd be much easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archery/hammer is pretty tough to manage power-wise now.

Are mobs supposed to be disappearing soon after killed (or even before killed?). You hit the hive, kill the elites, but then the elites disappear way too soon, way too often. If this isn't supposed to happen, it's a huge bug currently. Been reported.

Thread Footer