Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good bye for some time (with reasons).

Hi.

I'm going to leave PG for some time because of these reasons:
    Primary:
    30$ is like 15% of my monthly income. As you can see I don't earn a lot so it's a hard decision for me.

Secondary:
    1. PG is not going to have a nice economy (and I primarily play a crafter). Developers have no grasp how to make an in-game economy interesting. In PG crafting is only worth to have to make own stuff. Yep, I have browsed all developers' posts about the economy.
    2. Vampires are not implemented and are not mentioned as a goal. Sad.

It doesn't mean I think the game is poor. In fact it's great and really enjoyable to play. Despite huge percentage of time that a crafter needs to spend to manage inventory

I will gladly hopefully rejoin later.
    Wish you:
    1. developers: good grasp how to make the game better
    2. players: joy. A lot!!!

See you.
    //datar
    In game character: Esgalnoron.
    Please, forgive my language mistakes - English is not my native language. Also please let me know if my poor language skill makes something hard to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi datar. Care to share why you have doubts about the health of the economy?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. My both English skills and writing skills are pretty poor so it's a lot of work for me.
    I think I'll write an article about this but most important points are:
    1. Real cost of any in-game resource is time spent. So in PG resources have cost but crafting has no cost.
    2. Market is demand vs provide (sorry, really don't know how to say this better way). In PG demands are based on players needs to gain favour, get better equipment etc. This will end at some point making the market pointless.
    3. Developers don't focus on this aspect and don't feel it's important (my guess) and don't grasp this part...
    Last edited by datar; 03-15-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: some stupid language mistakes....
    Please, forgive my language mistakes - English is not my native language. Also please let me know if my poor language skill makes something hard to understand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't asking for 30$ monthly. Its a one time fee with free content updates as they get rolled out. Youre throwing around a lot of assumptions and accusations. The developers don't understand game economics?

Let me ask you, how long hve you been playing? Have you maxed out crafting? Have you played at the current cap extensively?
    Last edited by Aionlasting; 03-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. I know. It's still a lot for me. I hope to afford in future....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are segments of the economy that strongly support on-going Demand that will probably be difficult for Supply to keep pace with. These markets are Food (Cooking and Cheese Making), Flowers and Arrangements, Alcohol, Mushrooms, and Gems. All of those can be used up on an hourly bases(in some cases need to be), and not everyone can spend the time gathering the resources and leveling up the skills, especially at the highest levels for the highest end products. These items that act as consumables probably will never go out of demand.

I can see your point about what happens when everyone is soul mates with all the NPCs and everyone has their dream gear. But hopefully there will never be an end to new NPCs and new players. Hopefully both will continue to be added for years and years to come.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @datar It's sad to see someone go, but not everyone can afford every game. I really dislike some of the new tendencies for everything to be locked behind an n$ a month or hundreds of dollars a year, especially when many of these things would only be used a few times a month or year or whatnot.

But did you divide the $30 by the amount of time spent playing? Because that's the real cost you'd be looking at. $30 is a trip to the movies, or out to dinner. A few hours. But $30 can also get you Hulu and Netflix for a month. But this $30 gets you however much time you've played, and however much time until the next version jump in Project Gorgon. And that's a huge number of hours for that price, especially in comparison.

Anyhow, hope you can come back some time!

(Although I agree with you on the inventory management. It's gotten a little better, but it's still pretty terrible.)

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your feedback, @datar. We're sorry to see you go and hope you can rejoin us in the future, perhaps when your finances are better and more of the things you are looking for come to pass.

Everyone: Please don't poke datar about the money. People know what they can afford and what they can't. Unlike some, datar isn't calling us capitalist pigs (or cows, or deer!), just letting us know that the price is out of their reach right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @datar I'm sorry to see you go, hope you are able to rejoin us sometime soon! I understand the hard decision. Take good care
    @srand Ugg those people can go back to playing candy crush (or their other "free" games) and the rest of us will be too busy turning into actual pigs (or cows, or deer) to bother with them. Hugs
    Amaryllis - Battle Chemistry/Mentalism/Cow/Animal Handling/Druid/Crafter
    Lakini - Eternal Wolf/Psych, Giant Bat/Warden, Spider/Priest
    Elie - Sword/Sheild
    Rigby - Has a lot of pockets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, the in-game economy can be pretty daunting to lower level players. I was shocked the first time I perused the player vendors. Realy, the only realistic way to be part of the economy is to farm and sell junk to other players or just stay away from it until you are higher.

Thread Footer