Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol tolerance suggesting

Well, my Guild Development suggestion got ZERO reads, so, anyway...who reads these?

I digress.

I am level 100 Alcohol Tolerance. Now, I love this game, but I almost just quit because my eyes cannot take the WHITE SCREEN. Come on.

No, no, no - it seriously hurts. At the morning times, the whiteness hurts. I can't look at the screen more than two seconds without looking down for a few seconds.

I understand jokes - but this is not really a joke. I think it's just an idea that looked good on paper, but it's bad in implementation.

Can we just get this changed? I love everyone. I want everyone to enjoy this game, and not feel they don't want to drink alcohol, or stop their leveling in Alcohol Tolerance because of this. If you don't think this is going on: ASK IN GLOBAL CHAT. No one will probably read this anyway.
    ~Maztur

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maztur View Post
    Well, my Guild Development suggestion got ZERO reads, so, anyway...who reads these?
    I show your guild development thread with 319 reads, just 0 replies. Maybe just a forum display bug somewhere? Judging by the creation and edit dates shown now, I likely read it but quite possibly after you'd changed it to have no content...

( I have no useful comment on your alcohol tolerance suggestion, sorry. I don't like my screen getting blurry period, so I either don't drink, or get smashed and afk or bring up giant inventory windows to drown out the screen... )

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It would seem by the views that most of your posts are read by dozens and dozens of people. Of your past posts the lowest one has 128 views. Guild Development has over 300 views.

I not sure what happens when you get to level 100 Alcohol Tolerance, or what WHITE SCREEN you see. If it is something intentional in the game, then you should probably put an in-game suggestion asking that the White Screen be toned down and made more grey with a lower lumosity because the brightness is painful. I'm not sure if it is something intentional, I would suggest checking your setting and going to the advanced graphic overrides and try disabling bloom. You might also want to check if you have Brighter World setting on.

This is beta, if you find stuff like this that you don't like you should put in a in-game suggestion. Maybe it is an already known issue and on the Dev's todo list or maybe it isn't. Somethings take time to fix, some fixes might be lower on the todo list because more issues are getting more reports than this one. Or maybe no one has reported yet. Anyway, still check your settings and see if those help.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll shed some light on this since Maztur seems to be deliberately vague about it.

He's not actually talking about anything directly related to alcohol tolerance beyond a possible side effect from leveling it if you aren't careful. It's the effect you get from alcohol withdrawal (after reaching the highest level of alcohol addiction) and lasts about a week if you don't drink any alcohol in that time. Dwarven fixers are supposed to temporarily fix it for an hour but they don't due to a current bug which is known. I imagine since so few people bother drinking that much alcohol it's pretty low down on the priority list though.

I will admit it is quite annoying and probably lasts too long but the biggest problem is just the unfixed bug atm imo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't own a pair of sunglasses? When it's bright outside you put them on, if it's for a few days then easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main point would be this:

WHY THIS?

Sure, hardly anyone is doing it because there's only a few hundred playing the game, but, still...if there's no fun it it, or positivity in it, or a reason to have it...
    ...why have it?

Let me try another way... I buy the game for 'x' amount of money, and for awhile - many weeks of leveling, and then a week or more afterwards, I can't enjoy the graphics of the game, at all. At all. None. Zilch. Nada. A big fat zero.

This is Beta - okay. Here is a no-brainer; just change it. Who am I - a nobody. But...if we're trying to build a game here...change this one, please.

Or don't change it - I'm a nobody and maybe...in 2018...graphics is...not...a...thing...at all?
    ~Maztur

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
    [...] due to a current bug which is known.
    Maybe that's why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's possible.
    ~Maztur

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly the alcohol tolerance and brewing can die as a whole, would rather other bugs or other things get changed like my shield 101% death avoidance mod randomly activating even though I'm no where close to dying or some gear in transmutation cant be repaired or heaven forbid the mouse getting stuck in the center of the screen and I have to spazz push random things to fix it or risk dying in combat

But on a serous note there are many things that need to be fixed/tweaked get in line is all I can say because everything is run by priority it will get fixed eventually look at me I am still waiting for my shield mod to be uncrippled/fixed and its more relevant than alcohol tolerance in my opinion because its used in combat alot literly cant do anything but wait at least you have a easier fix which is don't drink booze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update, but first I would like to say for a new game with a skeleton crew, and it's still in Beta - the game is FUN TO PLAY!!

Notes I had made from my tracking:
    -Finished Level 100 Alcohol Tolerance before 9:30 am on 11/20/18.
    -*Probably around 11/24 to 11/26 the white balance on the screen went away; back to normal.

I'm not sure of the date because I was waiting for a morning time in-game to roll around to see if the white balance was gone. I don't know if it was fixed automatically or by a ticket response.
    ~Maztur

Thread Footer