Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: December 24, 2021

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...cember-24-2021

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, no comments translates to a good patch, and I'd agree!

Just some thoughts--
    85 drop rate quality seems lower vs 80, but I did not crunch any numbers. I am assuming you are testing the drop rates for the release.
    A concern some people I group with have: The new dungeon feels a little linear, as in if there are 2 high quality groups, they’ll run into each other. I know every dungeon can’t be GK size, but just putting it out there.

I do like the 2nd floor’s shape (how easy it is to control how many monsters you get). The monsters are stronger but it feels like the players are more in control of the chaos. And the mobs debuffs on the 1st floor are nice.

A little issue that’s being exasperated via bonus levels: AH pets can’t go beyond the level of the players base AH level, unless they (the pets) are already above that level. This makes the Fae’s starter bees a bit stronger than everyone else’s pets because they can reach 90, meanwhile everyone else’s bees are stuck at 80. I think the maximum pet level should be the players level+bonus, otherwise come level 125, AH will absolutely fall off damage/utility wise. I think I did a suggestion on this awhile ago, but it was really small fries before comparing 80 vs ~83 (and it’s difficult to explain, because I want to be exact and talk about skill level, bonus level, pet level, bond-level and it just becomes a jumbled mess, but I think you get the idea).

Bug wise in the new dungeon, there was a location on the 1st floor where a bunch of fun guys got stuck on a wall. But not IN the wall, just on the wall and they could attack and be attacked from that point. I know it did get bug reported, just not by me. I'm not sure if my pet got stuck there too, or if my pet ran off to make some mushroom friends, but instead of waiting to see what was going on I just dismissed him. Missed an opportunity to submit a good bug report in the name of clearing fast.

I did bug report this a few times because I was mondo annoyed by it: I've been having more issues with summoning my AH pet while some animation is happening (ie being hit. I did recreate it purposefully once while doing the 'recipe: animate monster'). Essentially the pet never shows itself, but the side-bar timer is reset. I don't know if uneven ground has an effect, but some animation is canceling it the side bar ability. I also don't know if other side bar skills, like sigil scripting or crossbow is effected, but putting this out there so others can figure that out

Also wanted to state that it's always interesting when players figure out things that were put in the game months after they were possible. I don't want to say exactly what, but I just want to say good job with those things.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    I did bug report this a few times because I was mondo annoyed by it: I've been having more issues with summoning my AH pet while some animation is happening (ie being hit. I did recreate it purposefully once while doing the 'recipe: animate monster'). Essentially the pet never shows itself, but the side-bar timer is reset. I don't know if uneven ground has an effect, but some animation is canceling it the side bar ability. I also don't know if other side bar skills, like sigil scripting or crossbow is effected, but putting this out there so others can figure that out
    Yeah, this one's been driving me batty for a while. For me at least, it seems like the interrupt is caused by something I am doing, rather than being hit. E.g., while out of combat, try summoning your pet and then immediately hit another side bar ability like Dig Deep or First Aid - that should prevent your pet from actually appearing. In combat, I keep telling myself DO NOT TOUCH THE KEYBOARD until I can see the pet I just tried to call, and that actually seems to work to get it summoned reliably.

Interestingly enough, this does appear to be an animation bug that affects bipeds only: I just tried my side bar interrupt trick as a giant bat, cow, deer and pig, and all shapes summoned their pets successfully. Then I switched to a fairy, and was able to interrupt my pet summon every single time. I'd previously had the pet summons fail regularly in elf and rakshasa form as well.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 12-28-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Yeah, this one's been driving me batty for a while. For me at least, it seems like the interrupt is caused by something I am doing, rather than being hit. E.g., while out of combat, try summoning your pet and then immediately hit another side bar ability like Dig Deep or First Aid - that should prevent your pet from actually appearing. In combat, I keep telling myself DO NOT TOUCH THE KEYBOARD until I can see the pet I just tried to call, and that actually seems to work to get it summoned reliably.
    Thank for posting, this one was driving me nuts. Now that I can reproduce it reliably, I'll send a bug report.

Thread Footer