Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surveying/mining bug in "Kur Mountains Simple metal motherlode"

I ground out Mining up to 25 and got Surveying up to 34. Then moved to Kur Mountains to try out the harder but more lucrative surveys there. Both the wiki and survey itself say that Mining 23 is needed. I finished the survey, the lump of metal appeared, but when i went to mine it I got a message that I need mining 28.

If it is indeed Mining 28, then the Wiki and the notes on the survey need to be updated.

If it's mean't to be Mining 23, then it has a wrong value somewhere.

Another player came over and could mine the node with no problem, due to higher mining skill.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    I ground out Mining up to 25 and got Surveying up to 34. Then moved to Kur Mountains to try out the harder but more lucrative surveys there. Both the wiki and survey itself say that Mining 23 is needed. I finished the survey, the lump of metal appeared, but when i went to mine it I got a message that I need mining 28.

If it is indeed Mining 28, then the Wiki and the notes on the survey need to be updated.

If it's mean't to be Mining 23, then it has a wrong value somewhere.

Another player came over and could mine the node with no problem, due to higher mining skill.
    The wiki information is provided by the players, so if it is incorrect - it can be updated. As far as the in-game information, please be sure to submit a detailed in-game report. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I complained about that very thing in an in-game report before, though I didn't look at the wiki. I was going entirely by what the in-game material said. That was a month or so ago.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reporting it! But we still appreciate reports from other players too to help us gauge the importance of a bug. We have several thousands open bugs at any given time. (Every MMO does, including fully-launched ones.) Many are tiny issues, while others are a big deal... but figuring out which is which in a hurry isn't easy. We're a tiny team and we have no full time QA people, so we rely on player input to help us gauge priority.

We do eventually work through all the bugs -- as long-time players can hopefully attest! Sometimes it can take a very long time, though. For something like a data bug in a mining recipe, those bugs would probably sit in the DB until we do an update that focuses on surveying, and then we'd hit all the relevant bugs at once.

However, there's a way for bugs to move "up the queue": if we hear from a lot of players about a certain bug, we realize it's pissing players off, and we try to get to those quickly.

So if a bug pisses you off, please report it in-game, even if you're sure other people have already reported it.

Thread Footer