Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You have absolutely, 100% sure, deleted every shortcut to the launcher, right? There's really nothing besides a command-line parameter that can be causing this, that I can think of.

The steps Silvonis suggests will use different registry keys (because it uses a different Windows user), and will rule out any leftover installation elements, so that's the next step in narrowing down where the problem is. But the client never actually stores the file version -- it downloads it every time you start unless there are shortcut parameters, so I don't know of any reason how that would help. Then again I don't know how you're running into the problem, so I guess that's the next step!

Edit: actually before you go to that trouble, there may be a clue in the launcher's log file. After running the launcher, there will be a file called output_log.txt in the ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data directory. If you can find that file and email it to eric@projectgorgon.com I'll take a look. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    You could try the following: uninstall and remove everything as per above. Restart your computer. Then create a temporary new user on your computer from your administraive/main account. Then log off and then log onto your new user. Then download the new launcher from: https://projectgorgon.com/downloads/...auncherWin.zip. Install and then report back. Thanks.
    I did this and ended up with the same problem. It must be something else. I used ccleaner to clean the registry files (it detected 2 related to PG). Could it be something else? I'm kinda out of ideas. Going to dig out my Linux OS stuff soon to carry on if need be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So on a whim I tried to run the launcher while connected to my phone's hotspot and immediately it checked for missing files, then it tried to download about 2,5GB . I had to cancel due to the size of the download but when I reconnected to my home wifi the launcher didn't try to update. Not sure what to do with this info but I'll try connecting from somewhere else tomorrow and will see if the update runs there.

*edit*
    On another hunch I started up a VPN, connected to a US server and tried the launcher, it scanned for files to be updated and is now grabbing that 2,5GB update. I'm guessing this is means it must be a network issue my side
    Last edited by larkem; 12-21-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww, man, cached fakes suck ^-^ Good luck with your network!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The launcher seemed to work correctly when I was connected to the VPN, game started up and I could log in. As soon as I tried to run the launcher without being connected it tried to "update" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Aww, man, cached fakes suck ^-^ Good luck with your network!
    Cached fakes? any advice on what causes this?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes networks try to be smart by caching answers to queries. Sometimes this breaks; So the request gets queued instead of actually being sent to the far server, leaving broken echoes of older queries.

And that's just the description of it, it can be far more simple or complex, but the basic symptom is that when something on your network asks, it gets an answer that's just an echo from long ago.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larkem View Post
    The launcher seemed to work correctly when I was connected to the VPN, game started up and I could log in. As soon as I tried to run the launcher without being connected it tried to "update" again.

Cached fakes? any advice on what causes this?
    Do you happen to be in Africa? It is definitely a network issue specific to you, unfortunately. It's tough because network issues are reliant on third parties, and it could correct itself given time. The temporary solution is to continue playing through a VPN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, way down in the south. Seeing as how I didn't find anything like this when I searched before posting I'm pretty sure you're right. The current launcher I'm using now seems to working fine without the VPN so that's cool. Thanks for all the quick responses

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larkem View Post
    That's right, way down in the south. Seeing as how I didn't find anything like this when I searched before posting I'm pretty sure you're right. The current launcher I'm using now seems to working fine without the VPN so that's cool. Thanks for all the quick responses
    Thanks for your understanding. We will see if there is anything we can do on our end. Please let us know if the situation changes.

Thread Footer