Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Here's a new launcher. If you can try it out and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it:

http://client.projectgorgon.com/Proj...ncherLinux.tgz
    Yeah its working for me too Thank you.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Here's a new launcher. If you can try it out and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it:

http://client.projectgorgon.com/Proj...ncherLinux.tgz
    You can also download the new launcher by using the link in the original post.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally realized yesterday that there's a new launcher, so I started using it. It's been working fine it for me on Manjaro Linux. Thank you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out about this game today and put a couple hours into it tonight.. had a lot of fun, I really like the game. Definitely going to continue playing. Thanks for the efforts porting it to Linux

It ran perfect on Solus, no issues at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out about this from LiamD over at GamingOnLinux. Launcher worked fine for me and I was able to get in game and play without much issue. Can tell the state of the game, but looking past that I was really happy with what I found actually playing the game. Solving riddles and puzzles was rewarding and there were multiple solutions to the larger parts, like getting off the starting island. I had solved one way to get off and was just exploring when I ended up escaping by accident while exploring. I like the direction that is indicated and the skill, crafting, and other currently implemented systems seem fine.

I'll stick around and play some more and report any issues I may run into. Looking forward to the development of the game towards its polished release ^.^

Info:
    Xubuntu LTS 16.04
    AMDFX 6100
    8gb RAM
    GTX 960 2GB
    I did not install to default location, it's in ~/Games/Gorgon/
    All libs, kernel, etc up to date as of this post from default Repositories.

Frame rate varied largely, 24~180FPS. Interior locations had the highest frame rate while large out door areas suffered the most slow down.
    Only occasional clipping, and teleporting of mobs durring combat. Items with additional light sources, such as the Hat with the circling orb of light caused graphical glitches.
    Enabled most graphical features including portrait and max detail.
    Last edited by madpinger; 01-11-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this via GamingonLinux also, but I had an issue with the installer. Downloaded fine, extract, ran the executable, but it errored out almost immediately with:

Set current directory to /home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux
    Found path: /home/...Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Mono/etc'
    Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
    Player data archive not found at `/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystems

Xubuntu 17.04

Any ideas?

Edit: Well something was acting wonky on my system, so I logged out. It hung at logout, so I hard reset. Logged back in and ran the installer and it is downloading now. The terminal output is the same, but the window launcher is working, where it would just flash open and close before.
    Last edited by sprice; 01-11-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works great on Linux Mint 18.3 KDE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works flawlessly on Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.
    Downloaded the launcher, let it update, click play

Not the bestest of performance, but that's partly my fault for using old tech with open source AMD Radeon drivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have downloaded your game to test and try on another Linux system.

I have signed up for your forum to extend the information I received while setting up your game and helping to test your Linux connections. This is a log of what I saw and what I did.

Downloaded launcher files.

Ran launcher file. I Could read a screen of recent game updates (text) while files were downloading and showing a progress bar (also having text for progress) at the bottom of launcher screen.

Launcher says "All done!".

Clicking "Play Project: Gorgon" button.

Wait - what is that "Options..." button next to it.

Clicking Options button first - hrm, 5 more buttons in here, better use "Back" button. I'm not this advanced yet. What is "Validate Installation", I wonder but I dare not touch it.

Aha, here is the place to create an account. It has two buttons "I'm a new player" and "I already have an account".

Clicking the button for "I'm a new player" - now there is a screen to "Agree" or "Disagree" with the EULA text being offered.

Clicked "Agree" and now there is a code of conduct screen of text.

Clicked "Agree" again, woah, woah, a screen just flew by and had something at the bottom to read. I missed it - I think it was a tip screen?

Now there is a character selection screen.

There is that "tip" screen again. That's what it was, an interstitial tip/loading screen.

Was able to setup an account, then logged back into it without issue.

Settings screen showed on login and "Framerate" is showing 60.4.

Now creating a forum account to post this information.

In Gmail the email for forum registration went to the "Spam" folder. Had to search for it.

Computer specs are...

Dual boot with Grub - Ubuntu and Windows 10 (I don't use the Windows portion unless I have to so will not be using that for the game)
    OS = Ubuntu 17.04 (64 bit)
    Memory = 32 GB
    CPU = AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core processor x 32
    GPU = GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

So far everything is smooth as butter. I am only on the island. I'm but a newblet. Let the journey begin.
    Last edited by Puppetan; 01-21-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprice View Post
    Found this via GamingonLinux also, but I had an issue with the installer. Downloaded fine, extract, ran the executable, but it errored out almost immediately with:

Set current directory to /home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux
    Found path: /home/...Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Mono/etc'
    Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
    Player data archive not found at `/home/.../Downloads/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystems

Xubuntu 17.04

Any ideas?

Edit: Well something was acting wonky on my system, so I logged out. It hung at logout, so I hard reset. Logged back in and ran the installer and it is downloading now. The terminal output is the same, but the window launcher is working, where it would just flash open and close before.
    Someone should probably let you know that all flavors of Ubuntu 17.04 have reached End Of Life as of January 13, 2018 which means you will no longer recieve updates to your system from then on. It is important to consider switching to a supported version in order to be sure you receive the latest security patches and bug fixes.

A list of currently supported versions can be found HERE

Thread Footer