Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One can make, or ask a skilled player to make, level 70 leather armor pretty easily. Amazing skin can be farmed solo at level 60, and is most likely sold by players anyway (I have stacks of them on my vendor). So, even if it's hard to acquire dropped level 70 gear solo, and can testify it is unless you've specialized in cold environment survival, grouping the entrance of Gazluk Keep with leather armor is in my opinion possible, and from there you get all the loot you want. What you need is a decent reputation and basic fighting skills, so that people will assist you to make the armor and accept to group with you. If you want to do it all by yourself, then yes it's definitely much harder.

Regarding the storage issue, one need to stop hoarding and sell/buy all these mats: only phlogistons and prisms really need to be stored, and there is no point keeping all levels, only the two level ranges that matter when you transition at 30 and 60.

(Disclaimer: I'm well-geared and don't have these problems anymore)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you can farm the stuff you need (including the yellow crystals and other mats) if you have a crafter and know what you need. Like I said, I'm in a guild, so I can ask, but people who play 2-3 hours a week, in a small and dead guild, either need to grind LW up or are SOL.

And this is only the "difficulty" side of the game. "You don't have to hoard everything" is fine, if slightly incorrect: You can't hoard everything. Even only the stuff you need for your armor, your cooking, transmute, augment and all the crystals and metals from geology and you'll run out of space.

I would take out all the trash drops needed for crafting, just don't make them drop in the first place. The unending stream of crap in our inventory is the consequence of the design decision to not have cash drops, even when it would make sense and you're fighting humanoids. With very, very few exceptions, mostly in the beginning.
    Last edited by kazeandi; 08-30-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now we have meaningless depth: Additional recipes for Transmute, when the skill itself wasn't broken in the first place.
    Cheap items gave cheap phlogiston, what was wrong about the system?

And who cares about the XP to level the skill, it's a one-time thing. Once you got it maxed you're done. If that was the point in the first place, giving less xp for lower level item distills would have fixed it without clogging our inventories and making me scratch my head when I logged in and went to the legacy vendor to find out what to trade my prisms for.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play solo liek 99% of the time, most, if not all of my friends list is inactive, same for my guild. I had almost no problem with obtainign gear for my level. I was able to farm in gazluk with no winter set in lv 60 gear. When enterign new lv range i sualy replace my old pices slowly if i find somethign good, then craft myself whole set when i reach amx lv.

Only way i can see for peopel to have trouble gettign gear is if they rush to max lv, which is kinda pointless - you can level up just fine when farming for gear or mats for crafting.

About storage - i have problems only when i wnat top hoard lots of mats to go on crafting spree (liek i did when flower arrangmend, or brewign came out). I can fit everythign i use in marna and hulon - plus few more things in ARhu. And still most of my storage is filled with stuff i keep just in case i will need it. SO yeh i keep mats for LW, BS Carpentry, agumentation, transumtation, cooking, several stacks of stuff for brewing and flower arrangemd (for when i fianlly decide to level them up), plus almost all lv of mushrooms, just in case i will need them for something, AND tons of diffrent crap that i will probably never use but keep it just in case.

So im always suprised when peopel claim that they hoard only what they need, and still dont have neough storage.
    Last edited by cr00cy; 08-30-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify I have more than enough storage and carry around a set of amazing cloth gear with full pockets. Also amazing max enchanted yellow set of winter gear and a spare evasion set (also yellow max enchanted level 70).

Now that I 'm done showing off, how many have such gear? I can cope solo in Gazluk, very hard and with many deaths solo GK entrance. How many can do that? That's what I mean by lack of accurate feedback. Naku and Niph are also old players (btw lol how did you manage in Gazluk w/o winter gear?! White wolf or?...). The majority don't have 50+ pockets to carry all the byproducts of transmute and distill, or the ability to solo lvl 70 mobs. So they're gonna have to farm KT or panthers to destruction if they have any hope to one day be able to reroll the mods on their gear or add an extra mod. Everyone is aware I suppose that dropped gear (including epic and legendary) is very hard to use w/o customizing it.

I don't want to debate but I feel that the changes made to 2 generic trade skills (transmutation and augmentation) were unnecessary and they had a negative impact on crafting. The recipe book is now even more annoying to use. Instead of streamlining the existing recipes it feels like going back in time towards the old type of augmentation oils when you hade to look for few minutes to find the right recipe and got loads and loads of useless junk as result. That is just my opinion.

PS If I'm asked to make gear for someone else I mostly likely won't. Mostly because I don't keep lower level mats and the max enchant things (like vervadium, spruce, amazing skins) I tend to need myself. I am generally a helpful player but it seems like the days when we made free stuff and gave it away at the well are gone.
    In fact it might sound selfish but it would be good if everyone stopped giving away freebies, crafting from their own stash etc. We need to see how the game economy works (or doesn't work) if lower level players are doing everything by themselves. We need to see if there's a market for crafted items. I know most of us got help even if small but this type of small village economy is not going to work applied to a large player base. Tbh I think feedback coming from players like myself is rather useless overall, we need to see if these changes work for newer players. Augmentation and transmutations are individual skills, everyone has to do them alone at some point so we need to see how that works. Maybe I'm wrong not liking the recent changes so more feedback from newer players who are doing that now would be great.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 08-30-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I get distracted again:

Quote Originally Posted by Malice00 View Post
    One question on my behalf is I do not understand blacksmithing and armor manufacturing. Is there a difference, will it get an upgrade.
    I believe we are supposed to get a new armor smithing skill in the future. Some of the current blacksmithing recipes, like the werewolf armor, will then be moved to the new armor smithing skill. This is fairly old information - I don't recall seeing anything new on this topic recently.

On to augmentation: As someone who doesn't use augmentation or transmutation much, I tentatively like the changes (minus the storage and needing to figure out which prism to use for what). I have been vaguely leveling augmentation and keeping all the materials for whenever I feel inclined to actually mess with my gear. The net result of that to date is approximately a dozen augments ever extracted, maybe 4 applied to gear, and 12,000+ assorted ornaments/contraptions/thingies in my alt storage. I think the new division will help me let go of lower level ornaments a bit better since there is no longer any point in hoarding them for my "best ever" gear.

I'd like to see a reduction in phlogiston types - it would be nice if there were only 3 types of phlogiston that span the same level ranges as augmentation. I can't keep all the different phlog types straight, so it seems simpler to just ignore the lower levels entirely rather than guess what type of phlogiston I might need if I wanted to change something on level 25-35 gear. (Yes, the item workbench will tell me, if I have the item and if I'm near the workbench, neither of which is necessarily the case when I'm trying to decide how useful a handful of rough phlogiston is going to be to me.)

Edit: Also how about just a single generic "remove augment" recipe that works on augments, shamanic infusion, blacksmithing armor enhancements, and whatever else is out there? Preferably using a simple, easily obtainable ingredient, or maybe even just plain old cash, so people don't need to hoard that.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 08-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cold resistance potions, campfires and blnakets. Lost and lots of blankets. Tough right now i carry 2 sets with me - one winter for traveling/gathering in gazluk/kur and wolf armor for farming caves.

Problem with changes to skills -crafting or combat - is that you are not ment to achive amx lv fast. or at least i see it like that. For example, i often see people asking how to level fastes (or used to see - dont have time to play too much recently). And this is wrong mindset. You are not suposed to rush to max lv -you are supposed to take it slow, leveling other skills alongside your combat ones. Or at least it how i see it.

But i understnad why people try to rush to max lv - its what absicly every other mmo is about. In most, probaly every, other mmos you will get gear enough for your lv from quests/DF. Its not the cause in PG.

I agree with you Khay that feedback on many things form old-timers like us might be not most valuable - but i dont think its useless. For example, after last update i amd enew char to test chnages to newbioe areas. And im progresing much faster than i did when i started my 1st char. Not because i have any help (i didnt and wont give anythign form my main to this one) but because i know what to focus on.

And this is main problem imo. Progression in Pg is diffrent than in others mmos, so peopel who come here and try to apply knoledge form other games they palyed often fail.

Lastly - i will hold my judgment on changes to transmutation untill much later. Not only its too early to say for sure iof it was good change, abd one, or it didnt matter.
    And besides - talkign about newbies and transmutation/agumenation is a bit pointless, considerign that most of them wont be able to learn this skills for quite some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Quote, please be patient, I am and old geezer and still learning to navigate the quotes and such) Hm, hard to evaluate how other players are doing. I personally would consider the Tower View Cave in Gazluk to be pretty accessible to anyone 60-65+, and that has 3 chests and a named (although the named would be tough at the lower level range). You do not technically need any winter gear to reach the cave, although obviously it helps.

Well I will tell you how I am doing. I am trudging along without using Wikia or guidiance from others. I assume a lot of peeps play that way. I have played with guilds and teams on other games and have a modest disdain for it due to people trying to control my game through proxy leadership. So I am one of the ones who cannot do most of these higher level questing at 74 sword, and 75 shield. I am ok with that, because I am now learning all the basic skills I should have dabbled in earlier. Does it really matter. Not to me, because I am not in competion with anyone else. I sometimes get bored with farming lower level items to get better skills.

In my opinion why in gaming reality would someone want to pay for a game to max it out in a month. I know people who are doing this in AC emulator. Good for them. Stepping back I am o.k. with the game and the intent of the DOR. I probably won't play much if at all later on when all the jerks pay to play and I haver to listen to adolesenct jerks cursing because they earned a horrible curse and can't figure the cure out.
    Last edited by Malice00; 08-30-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Love reading RA Salvatore!
    AC was my first passion, played some Ultima, WOW, RIFT, Starwars, Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls.
    It's just a game.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Naku-you should know by now I'm not into "fast" at all. I'm probably the slowest older player. What I'm also not into is "tedious and feeling like a real life job", imo we had enough repetitive things to do w/o adding some very disorganised and frankly -in my opinion- useless recipes.

Same thing for both crafts I'm complaining about -simplify them to a single type of material as outcome (prisms, phlogiston or baubles) but high level items should yield a higher amount whilst low level items should yield a very small amount of all 3 mats. I just went to Nexus and I'm lucky to have patient guildmates, takes ages to sift through the transmutation recipes and drag the right item into the right window, it's annoying as.

Notice I didn't (ever probably) complain about combat skills nerfs, those can be unpleasant but necessary. The craft skills change is odd.

@Malice/Drizzt off topic but guilds in this game don't have much importance beyond socializing. From my experience nobody tried to tell me how to play or what to do. I've been in only one guild so far so my experience is limited but I didn't encounter that kind of issue.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 08-30-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh. Every time you guys make these kinds of changes I really want to jump back into the game to test it out. I guess I'll try harder to be interested in the game even though I'll have to reroll once Fae comes out. I've kind of been waiting for that, but these changes are big enough that I feel like it's worth it to jump in and at least take a look around, if nothing more than for feedback.

I'll be playing a bunch tomorrow. Maybe make a new character and try to cheese or glitch things as much as possible in the newbie dungeon to see if anything is easy to break :P

Thread Footer