Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hypothetical speaking let's just say you got a nice system going are making very good money now you throwing all this money to achieve end game ASAP but you hit a road block with guild system. Can't p2w! Not being aggressive just stating facts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until I personally experience trying to make a new guild, I'm afraid I can't comment on the lack of upward mobility for new guilds being stifled.

However, I can agree that the ranks/editing of ranks needs work (once again, haven't done it myself but I'm acquainted with people who have edited ranks and most agree it's frustrating due to unforeseen errors such as "off" meaning "on", etc.) and that perhaps a guild recruitment board can be placed -- even temporarily -- until an opportunity to flesh out guilds a bit more comes around. Perhaps as a temporary solution, the guild roster board can double as an advertisement board, or a chat can be added for "looking for group/looking for guild"?

All of this might take a while though, because making sure the game actually runs is probably more paramount than QoL changes. Either way, I like the suggestions given for the most part (for what I can actually comment on).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimes View Post
    and that perhaps a guild recruitment board can be placed -- even temporarily -- until an opportunity to flesh out guilds a bit more comes around. Perhaps as a temporary solution, the guild roster board can double as an advertisement board, or a chat can be added for "looking for group/looking for guild"?
    I guess I'll jump off of this comment. I think a Guild recruitment board would be a nice idea. I'm wondering if it could be as simple (probably not simple) as a list brought up by a command that displays messages set by each guild. They shouldn't be too long, but enough to get the point across. Something similar to the messages players can set for /who. If a button on the Guild Sign could bring this window up, it might work really well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    I guess I'll jump off of this comment. I think a Guild recruitment board would be a nice idea. I'm wondering if it could be as simple (probably not simple) as a list brought up by a command that displays messages set by each guild. They shouldn't be too long, but enough to get the point across. Something similar to the messages players can set for /who. If a button on the Guild Sign could bring this window up, it might work really well.
    This is how I found my first guild in one of the games I mentioned as having good guild management options.

All it really needs is to show guilds that opt in, a short message and preferably a list of members online with invite powers so you know who to contact. The /who is somewhat good at this but is less obvious/only shows nearby, so a newbie in Serbule isn't going to see that I am guild recruiting if I am in Rahu. I'd like to see it show up if you type /guild while not in a guild if at all possible but just on the guild notice board is fine.

Thread Footer