Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dyed Spring Fairy armor: Is this what I am supposed to look like?

I recently made a set of spring fairy armor and dyed it slightly differently than my other set. Usually it looks like the straps are pink (hey I'm not opposed, although I prefer the brick red that I used), but upon logging out and viewing the login scene, I noticed the color was spot on! See below:

Pink
    ------------------------

Red
    ------------------------

Odd thing is, the color of the leggings is exactly right in both scenes, it is only the chest piece straps that differ. I've always had difficulty dyeing the spring fairy top, as some color combinations seem to show up with differing intensities (and hues, apparently). Is this a known bug? I tried searching the forums but could not find any threads concerning this. As always, please chime in if you have had this problem, or if it applies to other armor sets as well. Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abercrombie called.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Abercrombie called.....
    Yuck @ Abercrombie, haha! I would certainly hope this does not rank anywhere above "lowest possible priority" on Citan's list of things to do/investigate, I just found it perplexing. It also looks "not pink" in some dungeons, I guess? I'm not sure where else.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed before that Serbule and Serbule Hills have a lighting scheme that makes some of my armor look different. It's been several months, but I used to have this metal breastplate (undyed) that looked white with a slight pink tinge in Serbule and red in other locations. (Or the other way around? Nah, pretty sure the lighter coloring was in Serbule. It was definitely different between zones.)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, lighting, but shouldn't two pieces the same color have the same tinging problem?

Unless they're different material, and even then it shouldn't be so dramatic.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The color is always the same, but the lighting in the area makes it look different. The dye is applied to an underlying grayscale texture, and the part of the texture that's the "straps" has a slightly different shade of gray than the leggings, so non-ambient light sources show up at a slightly different shade. (Probably exacerbated by some outdoor areas having slightly yellowish or reddish light.)

So it's an art issue, basically, due to how we added dye support. This suit of armor was made early on, before the dye-map technology existed, and it was retrofitted after the fact. It will probably never be perfect.

If we ever have this armor set remade, though, we'll make sure that dyes apply perfectly.
    Last edited by Citan; 08-15-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game so old it has its own retro clothing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Citan Thanks for the info! I had no idea colors were so complicated, but that does make a lot of sense once lighting is taken into account. It's almost like I'm a color-changing stripper or something!

Thread Footer