Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramis View Post
    Turning down entity animation literally fixed everything! The freezes when trying to move through Serb Keep, the turn lag, and the stuttering are all gone. Thank you, Unruly!
    Bingo! Mine was set to 1.25 by default. I turned it down to 0.7 and my FPS shot up quite a bit. Before, when I turned in South Serbule, it would drop to 12 to 15 FPS for a couple of seconds before shooting back up to 55 FPS. If I held still, I would bounce between 42 and 55. Once I turned the Entity Animation Distance to 0.7, now I get between 55 and 65 FPS and when I turn, it drops to 32 FPS for a few seconds.

It's still laggy, but nowhere near as bad, and the slide-show frame by frame issue has gone away when walking across the area. Nicely done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarduvik View Post
    Bingo! Mine was set to 1.25 by default. I turned it down to 0.7 and my FPS shot up quite a bit. Before, when I turned in South Serbule, it would drop to 12 to 15 FPS for a couple of seconds before shooting back up to 55 FPS. If I held still, I would bounce between 42 and 55. Once I turned the Entity Animation Distance to 0.7, now I get between 55 and 65 FPS and when I turn, it drops to 32 FPS for a few seconds.

It's still laggy, but nowhere near as bad, and the slide-show frame by frame issue has gone away when walking across the area. Nicely done.

Just thought I woould add to support that I also had all the issue mentioned from this original post. Like the others once I turned off the entity animation, I no longer have the insane camera jump that would literly cause me to spend as much as a full minute to actually get out of a building.
    Thank you for the fix and hope this helps dev's find a resolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specs:
    i7 4790k
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1080
    Game installed on EVO 850 SSD
    Win 10

I want to get into this game, but I'm not sure I can with the stuttering I'm experiencing. It's in no way as bad as some people in this thread seem to have it, but it's constant and annoying. Even setting the game to -2 graphic preset does nothing. I tried lowering the entity animation, but I can only seem to alter it in values of 1. I'm not sure how people are lowering it to .7. If I lower it to 0 there are no animations whatsoever.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lufia22 View Post
    I tried lowering the entity animation, but I can only seem to alter it in values of 1. I'm not sure how people are lowering it to .7. If I lower it to 0 there are no animations whatsoever.
    Have you tried manually entering the value into the text box instead of using the slider?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Have you tried manually entering the value into the text box instead of using the slider?
    I didn't know you could do that, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I did notice an improvement if I dropped it to 0, but there's absolutely no way I'm playing the game like that. Even at 0.1 I was stilling getting annoying stuttering.

Here's a video of what I'm experiencing. It's really annoying to navigate town when you're constantly losing control over your character.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you have a lot of latency it seems to help to use the keyboard to turn instead of the mouse. Might be worth a try while the devs continue to optimize. Also it really only happens in Serbule so you can still experience a lot of the game without a problem.

Thread Footer