Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after checking with Leanard I do not know how many times, I finally got this recipe as a quest reward from Pennoc, for one his silly random quests. Needless to say, I am off to make fried Crab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lucky and found this at Hogan's shop yesterday so was able to complete the work order. But I think this should be added to the wiki, maybe under a spoiler tag so that it's not immediately on show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMinx View Post
    I was lucky and found this at Hogan's shop yesterday so was able to complete the work order. But I think this should be added to the wiki, maybe under a spoiler tag so that it's not immediately on show?
    Looks like the recipe list on the Wiki is just that...a list of recipes, none of them clickable. Or noted if they are not from the normal trainer. I'd sure like a clearer idea of which recipes are meals and which are snacks.

One of the reasons I was so hot to find that Fried Crab recipe was not only for the work order, but to actually keep on me when my main needs a snack. Several days after turning in the work order, I have made this 2-3 times for my own use. I can't find any level 20 or level 25 cooking recipes for snacks, so this was kinda a big deal.

And heck, crabs are easy to find. Sometimes I go back to the starter area and go around the coast 3-4 times. And I need spoons.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the best meal/snack list is at http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Gourmand . ( Drinks are now snacks, so the "Meal" description after them on the Wiki is outdated.)

One thing to note about the Wiki: While certain sections like ability lists are auto-updated from the game patches (I think), a lot of it depends on player maintenance, so it can lag behind at times. If you see any changes that you think are needed, you can always make a Wiki account and update things yourself - I'm sure other players would be grateful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Probably the best meal/snack list is at http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Gourmand . ( Drinks are now snacks, so the "Meal" description after them on the Wiki is outdated.)

One thing to note about the Wiki: While certain sections like ability lists are auto-updated from the game patches (I think), a lot of it depends on player maintenance, so it can lag behind at times. If you see any changes that you think are needed, you can always make a Wiki account and update things yourself - I'm sure other players would be grateful.
    Oh hey, it never occurred to me to actually check out the skill. Thanks for the link! I'm going to scan this page and see if I can find something that suites my current cooking skill of 27 or whatever it is right now. At this point, some of my non-combat skills have outpaced my combat skills, but that's ok.

I actually have never updated a Wiki, but I have extensive experience writing SOP's, user guides, how-to's, etc. I've thought about registering an account on the PG wiki, because I would not mind doing some updates here and there. My lack of experience with Wiki's is the main reason I haven't yet.
    PG IGN: BlueIndigo
    Steam: IndigoShade

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoBlue View Post
    I actually have never updated a Wiki, but I have extensive experience writing SOP's, user guides, how-to's, etc. I've thought about registering an account on the PG wiki, because I would not mind doing some updates here and there. My lack of experience with Wiki's is the main reason I haven't yet.
    I should possibly add that this is a case of "do as I say, not as I do" - I've been thinking about setting up a PG Wiki account for the last two years and still haven't managed to do so because I've been intimidated by the Wiki documentation. But tell you what, if you register, I will too?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your proposing to possibly exchange data via the PG Wiki through our accounts, or discuss updates, or whatever, I'll agree to that. My updates might be slow (I'm about to get a new client and working from home is not as simple as it sounds). But heck! I'll add an action item about registering to my to-do list for the next 48 hours, and will send you a PM here when it's active.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If anybody needs any help figuring out anything about editing the wiki, feel free to ask me (on forum or in-game). I'm not an expert by any means but i mostly understand things like templates and transclusion. Just what i've picked up editing the gorgon wiki, and to a lesser extent the Path of Exile wiki and wikipedia. In my experience, the other editors are very friendly and helpful as well if you need help with more advanced topics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    If anybody needs any help figuring out anything about editing the wiki, feel free to ask me (on forum or in-game). I'm not an expert by any means but i mostly understand things like templates and transclusion. Just what i've picked up editing the gorgon wiki, and to a lesser extent the Path of Exile wiki and wikipedia. In my experience, the other editors are very friendly and helpful as well if you need help with more advanced topics.
    Thanks! I might hit you up on this, though I certainly will be reading a lot before needing to ask questions. Heh.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoBlue View Post
    Thanks! I might hit you up on this, though I certainly will be reading a lot before needing to ask questions. Heh.
    Even if it's completely basic question it's totally fine. The main thing, i think, is to get comfortable with fixing any little mistakes you may notice. Often this is as easy as clicking edit, editing the text like a notepad document (deleting a wrong word and putting in the right word, for example) and then clicking save the page. It's pretty straightforward.

After that i would suggest (if you're interested) in learning about subpages (for example http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Yagreet/Small_talk is a subpage of the Yagreet page) and templates, which are basically a way to make a bunch of pages in the same format or include information on multiple pages. A lot of the PG wiki pages seems to rely on those.

And don't be afraid to make a mistake. Unless you are purposely trying to wreck something, it's not hard to fix.

Anyways, have fun and enjoy your fried crabs

Thread Footer