Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reasoning behind letting high lvls have access to starter island

I am curious to know why the devs decided to give high lvls access to the starter island.

I can understand high lvls wanting to farm, but it's a hassle for noob toons.

And for the record, I personally don't think high levels should be farming in low lvl areas but that is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The reason is helping newbies and maybe finishing quests you haven't finished when you started the game. The only reason for me to (very rarely) go there is to help people de-gonflate their heads. Farming low level areas and disrupting newbies is generally frowned upon. This game doesn't have area restrictions though, you can go to Rahu as a low level character or you can go to Anagoge as a high level character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response, I wish high levels would stay off of the island for farming purposes and stop running over the lil toons while they try to do the quest line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lileth View Post
    Thanks for the response, I wish high levels would stay off of the island for farming purposes and stop running over the lil toons while they try to do the quest line.
    I can't imagine why anyone over lvl 20 would find it worthwhile to farm the island for anything. Outside of the Halloween event, there's nothing special there. Who are these high levels, and what are they farming?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was running around too quick for me to get his name exactly, but it something like Kirby*** I know he was higher lvl because he wasn't in starter gear and its gear that is purchased or crafted. I kept running into him between the dungeon and where you do the SEWN quest, like he was circling the area. No clue why he would be killing the mobs in that area???? But it's a pain to get run over by a high level killing the mobs you need as a starter toon. I logged off my toon and figured I'd wait until he got bored.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of content on that island including a permanent appearance altering curse that can only be removed on the island. If you race through it, you can also miss out on a few skill unlocks and some other interesting content. I think it's fine as a general principle to allow access to all levels.
    Last edited by Lendari; 04-02-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is there to 'farm' on the newbie island?

There's lots of things on the island you might want to go back for;
    - left over favor
    - left over storage
    - 'big head' curse
    - meeting a friend
    - roleplaying
    - lore
    - finishing quests
    - testing new quests
    - leveling 0-20 with a new skill
    - experiencing updated lore

Has there been any griefing?

Quote Originally Posted by lileth View Post
    I logged off my toon and figured I'd wait until he got bored.
    ...Did you try talking?
    Last edited by Crissa; 04-02-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    What is there to 'farm' on the newbie island?

There's lots of things on the island you might want to go back for;
    - left over favor
    - left over storage
    - 'big head' curse
    - meeting a friend
    - roleplaying
    - lore
    - finishing quests
    - testing new quests
    - leveling 0-20 with a new skill
    - experiencing updated lore

Has there been any griefing?

...Did you try talking?
    Thank you for the responses, including other posters.

Re this response:

Yes he ignored me. He ran over and killed the mob I was killing. So I moved a distance away and then again he runs over and is killing mobs I am killing. I log off and go to brunch with my spouse. When I logged back on I saw a couple more high levels, not in yellow or red and white armor like is usual for the starter island and they had those nifty crafted helms with the flutes (spelling) on top.

Those are not the actions of someone doing any of the items you mentioned.

If this is a common practice given our low pops now, I really wish the devs would reconsider pre-release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upon research it appears that people farm dirt, femurs and a few other items from the island. I guess because they can fly through the mobs and pre the last batch of new players it would've been mostly dead on the starter island.

Sad indeed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One possible solution if this is the problem is to make the return trip cost increase exponentially based on the level of the players highest skill, So higher level players lose all incentive to go farming there. It would then become cheaper to buy items then farm for yourself. Using the unstuck feature repeatedly should lead to banning. And if new content is added to Starter area then a weekend event where the Council has removed the travel ban to starter island is lifted and the price goes down accordingly, if the devs want feedback on new content.

Thread Footer