Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread: Death penalties
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death penalties

I know that there are currently no penalties for dying over and over unless you choose to turn it on (but who really does?). I think some minor penalties should be implemented whether it be exp gain debuff for a while, or just a minor stat debuff or some exp loss. As it is right now, it seems people just use dying as a way to zerg something to death or as an easy method of transportation (either back to town, rahu, zone entrance, etc). Is it intended to be like this where everyone is just dying left and right because it's easier and more beneficial than not dying?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not not we just love graveyard everywhere its has noting to do witch some ugly beneficial
    no no
    trus me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    not not we just love graveyard everywhere its has noting to do witch some ugly beneficial
    no no
    trus me
    I know, some areas especially dungeons are literally graveyards where it's hard to fight or click mobs without mourning the nearest tombstone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, you should have been around when the 'Enter the Light' portal to Serbule had unlimited use. Also young necros will suicide a lot to make graveyards to summon their minions.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, I miss the endless death taxi. But I think it's intentional. Dying is super inconvenient in dungeons since you have to start over, but in the wilds you're supposed to be exploring so it's not supposed to be a huge deal. How else would you level death xp if you didn't run naked screaming into the maw of each new beast you discovered.

As for targeting tombstones - hitting tab or esc tab will help get you to the nearest combatant instead of clicking, but I find this less common in later dungeons since people tend to be more cautious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've got to say please don't implement anything that would cause death to negatively affect the player. That's why we have hardcore mode. My guild is dedicated to casual gaming specifically because a lot of us don't have the hours carved out in our schedule for an intense run like we did when we were teens. I regularly have to get up in the middle of a cave run because of household issues. When I come back I'm dead, but no biggie. I respawn, check where my party is and head that direction. If death started affecting me post-respawn, that would be easily my biggest problem with PG and would affect how much I continue to play.
    Genderfluid autistic mailman by day. High Priest of the Church of Zhia Lian by night. Praise Zhia!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Yeah, I've got to say please don't implement anything that would cause death to negatively affect the player. That's why we have hardcore mode. My guild is dedicated to casual gaming specifically because a lot of us don't have the hours carved out in our schedule for an intense run like we did when we were teens. I regularly have to get up in the middle of a cave run because of household issues. When I come back I'm dead, but no biggie. I respawn, check where my party is and head that direction. If death started affecting me post-respawn, that would be easily my biggest problem with PG and would affect how much I continue to play.
    Ughhh yeah hopefully it doesn't get changed then. Or we'd have to be more careful and can't afk in dungeons anymore

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    As it is right now, it seems people just use dying as a way to zerg something to death or as an easy method of transportation (either back to town, rahu, zone entrance, etc). Is it intended to be like this where everyone is just dying left and right because it's easier and more beneficial than not dying?
    It makes the game fun in a way that most games are not.

Dying can be useful in this game - it's a radically novel approach compared to most other games when dying is always bad and you are punished for it.

I think death needs no adjustment when there's already a solution that should make you happy - if you want more punishment you can play hardcore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only adjustment I would really want is the ability to /hidecorpse to stop rendering any currently existing tombstones.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSlave View Post
    The only adjustment I would really want is the ability to /hidecorpse to stop rendering any currently existing tombstones.

This would be a cool idea for a priest skill.

Can only cast on others, target leaves no tombstone behind.

I'll be camped in serb before George events.

PS: I'm sure hardcore players would love this!

Thread Footer