Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you are new to the game and went to a post steam lauch new guild, correct me if i'm wrong. To begin, in a good established guild who runs 2-3 guild quests a week you shouldn't have drastic money shortage, a lot of new comers used those credits to get them started I find it hard to believe you don't have any lv 50 good gear, i used to buy from npc vendors if i thought it would improve my mods. Why would you run around Kur with fire skill but no gear, because all your gear is not yellow and the mods don't match perfectly your play set ? If anyone is able to go to Kur/Kur tower at some point of the game they should have established some system and gear that boosts mods/ survivability, I went to Kur tower at lv 45 fire m and ice m, with between red to yellow gear lv 40ish req, wasn't easy but i could hold my own. When i started made most my money with selling skins and rolls, Eltibule at first then kur plenty of wolves east of npc Lamashu, find the npc that buy rolls and those that buy skins, work on favor and soon you have access to 4-5 npc with purses in the 50-85k.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMOs are meant to take time to progress... I'm not sure what the proposed solution is here

If you need money, do stuff to make money... a lot of perfectly fine suggestions here

If you don't have decent gear, run dungeons to get better gear

You don't need perfectly min/maxed top level gear to make plenty of money in Eltibule, Sun Vale or Kur... in fact, my 34/34 Rabbit/Ice is doing just fine progressing using only skinning and a little light vendoring here and there to make money, and he spent last night in Kur hunting wolves and deer (avoiding bears lol) which was fun

Cold Resistance pots are easy to make and when combined with one or two pieces of winter gear (or rabbit/fire/ice/priest etc spells) and properly timed trips to a campfire, there are tons of great skins to be had even for a wildly outclassed bunny, and my lvl 50 staff/shield with 2 pieces of un-modded gear (chest is winter and I like the cloth hat sue me) and random stuff from Goblin Dungeon can also run around out there all day long killing stuff

I don't see the problem... I see a lot of resistance to playing the game and making improvements everyone else seems comfortable with

I've seen young players in other games that had the expectation that they should get end-game gear and a place on a top-level dungeon team just for completing the tutorial... This isn't (thank God) that kind of game

All things are possible for anyone that is willing to work for them, and though I may not yet have a min-maxed "finished" toon yet, I can do the math and the path there is perfectly reasonable

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. The best gear isn't boss dropped, it's mostly player made.

2. Raid Gear is sort of a misnomer since the closest to a raid is Labs or GK in a group. Most people that "raid" a lot want cloth pants and chest for the pockets.

3. I know several people that make gear if you bring the materials. Decide on how much you want to put into it or do a bit at a time until you get the pieces you want.

4. Start transmutation and augment. It takes time. Not quick and no real way to rush it. Although doing a GK run is great for it once you hit a level that you can transmute at 70. Thats a big goal. Low level transmutation and augment are great for dungeons since you can now break down all the loot and stack up a lot of councils without having to go and sell.

5. I don't feel you should work up leatherworking, that's up to you. I just dispute how tough you seem to feel it is. Skinning is the biggest way to make money, and tanning the skins for extra cash is a no brainer. Sell it and skip leatherworking if you like. Me personally I enjoy making 10's of thousands of councils an hour off of skins. And i kill them with unarmed, not an aoe.

6. I was a newb a couple of months ago. Saying i'm out of touch is just a way of down playing the other persons arguments. I feel you are also out of touch. You don't seem to really understand a lot of the game.

7. The guy telling you to brew beer was making a joke.

8. You keep blaming the game. It's not "carry me or GTFO", it's "maybe try adapting to the game instead of demanding the game adapt to you".

9. Kur Tower is not something you have to do to progress. Many people skip it entirely. Kur and the Yeti cave seem to have gotten hugely popular with the steam release. But they aren't the only places to play. Stay there and you end up at level 70 with gear in the 50's. I think you have experience with that .

If you want better gear:

-Go kill in the desert outside of Rahu, or try killing in the evil part of the city. Advantage that you can sell stuff to several people there.
    -Start transmutation so you can farm easier.
    -Or get some cold weather gear made. Easiest way to get level 70 gear for your class. Get shaman augments put on for now. You only need level 1 shamanic infusion if you do that. Someone else can augment it for you. Then go do Gazuk Plateau, and the caves. You'll pick up level 60-65 gear.
    -Learn how to get into Gazuk City to the Keep. Basically jump over a wall at the corner and run down the stairs. Do a couple of GK runs. Or solo orcs in the courtyard. If you enter GK first, then leave, you can always use TP beginnings to get back when you die. Work on learning orcish, loot stuff for gear and spell pouches.
    -Start collecting Yellow Crystals. Another reason to do Gazuk.

This is the stuff to do to get better gear. It's what all the rest of us did.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I know where all the balance delusions come from.
    Experience: lowlevel content, lowlevel gear, of course you don't know any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    This is the stuff to do to get better gear. It's what all the rest of us did.
    To be fair almost everything in your list requires previous knowledge of these areas, and the "intended" way to do stuff(gradually improving or trying to, rather than skipping and trying to drop level 65 gear outright/getting chests) is painfully slow. Which is his complaint, actually, the progression. I'm sure that once level cap 125 comes along people won't have difficulty at the sixties, but that's because better ways to make money off more expensive stuff become more widely known.

Case in point: I'm a pre-alpha player. I was doing DC consistently many times a day, using mostly yellow/purple level 50 gear with appropriate mods when they released labs. I came back recently to the game, and the huge money sinks that seem to have appeared, together with changes to skills, drops and market prices, makes my knowledge outdated and almost useless. I am struggling to make money, and can understand many of his points. It's a lack of knowledge, mostly, I think. For one, many professions seem to be way less profitable than before(and in the case of cooking, it wasn't very to begin with).

50k in an hour off of skins? Truly? I need to get into that.

Thread Footer